Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Game » consists of 19 releases. Released Nov 09, 2010

The seventh installment of the long-running action franchise, Call of Duty: Black Ops puts players into the early era of the Cold War (including the Vietnam War) as a member of the United States black operations unit known as the SOG.

The final word on Quick Scoping

ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShinjiEx
    http://www.callofduty.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=313851

No Quick Scoping at all in any shape or form

Quick Scoping is an exploit in the previous game mechanics and is now deemed cheap
    as JD & Vahn and everyone at TreyArch feel strongly about the destruction of Quick Scoping and eliminating it once and for all

Play then game the way it's supposed to be played otherwise there's the door
    go play your broke MW2 or other games you won't be missed

However I hope you can man up and stay and play the awesomeness that is Black Ops thank you

Vahn

This thread is aptly named. This is the final time I will ever post about this topic.

Quick Scoping is possible, but you are going to need more skill and a bit of luck, and more hard scopes. I've seen the videos coming online now that the game has been out more than 1 second of people doing it.

One of my favorites is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3R8VeyP7UU who largely shows a respectful point of view without that emotional baggage.

The snipers will be fine. They will practice and learn a new system and they will be even more elite than they are now.

David 'Vahn' Vonderhaar

I guess now if someone manages to get a "quick scope kill" it will mean that they are a somewhat talented fellow

As you said though they will have to actually work for it unlike MW2 which in a since spoiled the QS community and why now their is so much guff with the latest title of the series Black Ops

But one can say their time would be better spent being a team player rather then lone wolfing but that's a whole other subject
    BeefWaterfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By BeefWaterfall
    @ShinjiEx:  

Just finished played Domination on Cracked where a sniper jumped off the 2nd story and in mid air, quick scoped one shot me. So yeah, it can still be done. In the youtube link above, at the 0:58 mark, that player still manages to do it. I think quick scoping is a bit silly, but meh ... if they make it so only really really talented players can do it, then I'll just put up with it.  I applaud the skill, but it seems goofy out of place when I see it done. Just my personal view on it. 

Actually, now that I think about it. I don't mind regular feet on the ground quick scoping too much. I think it just bothers me when they're in a mid air jump when doing it. I think the game should make it near impossible if not just plain outright impossible to quick scope snipe a guy while jumping in mid-air. I'd be fine with that nerf. :)
    ShinjiEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3  Edited By ShinjiEx
    @BeefWaterfall: 

Rumor mill is however the video was made before the patch though...
    joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By joeybagad0nutz

So, glad they are basically saying "fuck you" to quick scopers. I hated Quick Scoping.
    ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I barely use sniper rifles so it doesn't matter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.