Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Nov 15, 2013

The tenth installment of the long-running shooter franchise introduces a brand new storyline, where the United States is under threat from a coalition of South American nations, and must employ a special group of operatives known as "Ghosts" to survive.

CoD Ghosts Updated X2 w/ Game Cover and PromoImage

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

[News coming, from yo favorite, its 'cha boy: Andrew Goldfarb At IGN.] IGN : Next Call of Duty Reportedly Called ‘Ghosts’

News from some, 'very legitimate source.'

According to Drift0r, Ghosts is straying away from the Modern Warfare brand but will similarly use present-day weaponry. The game is set in the future but a plot point will force characters to use weapons from the past. Ghosts will change player movement, allowing them to dash and slide while shooting, peek around corners and roll side-to-side while prone. - IGN

I'm always amused, how unpredictable these game developers can be, at the last minute/backs against the wall. Just, headfirst into Next-Gen-Only initiative. [Well now, maybe not..] Very interesting. I might actually buy this one, this time. ~ Maybe its worth it. Maybe, it'll be fun again, the first time since MW1. :Surprised :D:

Update 1: I've been wanting to update this. I've just been lazy. But I saw this article on Game Informer on Wednesday, that seems pretty legit. And!, it didn't get taken down. So.. It seems that a promotional game cover has been out by UK retailer, Tesco. They put the game cover up, and eventually took the page down.

No Caption Provided

And, it took me a while to figure this out. One, it looks like this guy is doing a Rihanna hat-flick to the right. But, I notice that he's not actually smiling, so its not actually ironic. And I eventually noticed the Ghost-face-beanie there. It looks like a white hand, sort of like if it was blood. It almost looks like MW's Ghost, just a little more.. Simple. And this simplistic vibe might be in-line with the YouTube video up there.

But anyway, I don't think its the final game-cover. If you remember, Arkham City had like 3 different leaked game-covers coming up to release. And CoD: Ghosts is supposed to get announced, probably with a super-short teaser: during the NBA Finals game, May 1st. I might watch, I dunno. But I'll probably just wait to watch it online.

Game Informer: Rumor: Call Of Duty: Ghosts Is The Next Title In The Franchise

Update 2: Well! Here's what CallOfDuty.com comes up with.

No Caption Provided

You're supposed to retweet this or some shit, and it adds your Twitter avatar to that piece. And it like grayscales everything enough so that it makes a Ghost-Face. Killah!. Or like a Ghost-Soldier-Unit from the new game, that references Ghost from MW2. GameSpot with the article today.

GameSpot: Activision teasing next Call of Duty?

Activision Community Manager:

"Something’s up at callofduty.com," he wrote. "You might wanna check it out."

Thanks, Dan! I guess Tina Palacios doesn't do the IW Community-Manager job, much!. [I looked and it does indeed say Senior CM. Hm.]@Teanah Huh. Anyway, it won't be very hard to wait until Wednesday for the reveal, during the NBA Finals game. I should look who's playing, huh? Spurs is next week, apparently. Shit if I know! I don't. I'll look..

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

already chalking that up to be a bit suspicious cause of this piece

"Ghosts will reportedly only be released on next-generation consoles and PC, which fits with previous rumors that Infinity Ward is creating a next-gen Call of Duty title."

i dont see how they abandon the install bases of the current gen consoles fully this year. especially when its activision.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Run WHILST shooting.

Peek round corners.

Do a barrel roll.

Next Gen.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OfficeGamer

I've already played a next gen Call of Duty, it's called Warfighter. And it's confirmed that bells and whistles don't make a gallery shooter anything more than a gallery shooter.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fourwude said:

Run WHILST shooting.

Peek round corners.

Do a barrel roll.

Next Gen.

pfffhahaha

It is funny because it is true.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
    SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you talking in morse code format but with text or something? I feel like I'm reading a telegram!

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I've already played a next gen Call of Duty, it's called Warfighter. And it's confirmed that bells and whistles don't make a gallery shooter anything more than a gallery shooter.

Depends on how far they take it. What if, along with those listed bells and whistles, it supports a full on parkour movement system. And is maybe the bizarre offspring of Modern Warfare and Mirror's Edge :D>.

Though my guess is that they keep it as a gallery shooter, as that seems to be the thing people really want out of it. Sort of like the whole "lets add real time combat to MMOs" sounds nice, until you realize people playing WoW would abandon the thing if it had action-centric combat.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cool a FPS were you fight GHOSTS like the sound of this.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Artemesia: I'm looking forward to peeking round corners myself.

That's gotta be some far out, weird, space-time curvature shit right there. Bleeding edge theoretical physics.

Looking "round" a 90 degree angle. Mad Balls.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what iff it their was peek-a-boo mechanic were you would peek out then back in and the enemy would be all like i see him hes over there then suddenly its oh shit my bad he gone now and the then he be like no i see him again, and the other soldiers would be like are you sure he would say yes then oh shit no hes gone again and it would totally freak them out and the other soldiers would kill said soldier for been a dick.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what iff it their was peek-a-boo mechanic were you would peek out then back in and the enemy would be all like i see him hes over there then suddenly its oh shit my bad he gone now and the then he be like no i see him again, and the other soldiers would be like are you sure he would say yes then oh shit no hes gone again and it would totally freak them out and the other soldiers would kill said soldier for been a dick.

That's basically Metal Gear Solid 3-4 with a high camo rating.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@cloudnineboya: It took me like a minute to understand this. ~ But I like yo shit! You're hired.

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artemesia: sort off but did snake say peek-a-boo when he did this?

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artemesia: sort off but did snake say peek-a-boo when he did this?

No, but I do a killer Snake impression so I can just add it in myself. IMMERSION

ShinyTan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ghosts cant die

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Still don't care about CoD, I kinda just want to go back and play old FPS' when the genre was fun

Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Shaka999

So is there a crazy scenario where all of the CoD people really want the next one, realize the cheapest option is on the Wii U, and the Wii U gets a larger install base because of it?

There's... a little plausibility in that, right?

Avatar image for indiana_jenkins
    indiana_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I love that Youtube users can now start up the rumor mill. Time truly is cyclical. I feel like I'm back in grade school on the playground and some kid is telling me his dad's friend works for Nintendo and is telling me about "Pokemon 2."

"Yeah man, my dad's friend says in Pokemon 2 there's going to be, like, 500 Pokemons, and they all go to level 200. Oh, and it's going to be in 3d on the Nintendo 64. Plus this time the game takes place in America. No, seriously guys, it's gonna be in New York. Wait, come back. Don't you want to trade some Pokemon cards?"

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@indiana_jenkins: There's like 800 Pokemans, now..

And what if this source is mofing Gabe Newell, huh?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

I wonder if those Ghosts will do any RECONnaissance?

Avatar image for indiana_jenkins
    indiana_jenkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blu3v3nom07: Well, he would be in a position to know, seeing as Valve just bought Nintendo. Oh, you hadn't heard? I only know because my dad's friend works for Nintendo, and...

Lausebub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

OMG, listening to old Bombcasts and during the 9/16-cast they totally called this. (1 hour mark)

Ryan even got the developer right.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The next gen is gonna be all about holding the left trigger and then pressing the right trigger.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I might actually buy this one. Maybe, it won't suck as much as MW3.

And I could co-op this. Dope.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#25  Edited By Hailinel

Finally, the Call of Duty/Luigi's Mansion crossover we've all been waiting for!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

If that's the actual cover, then I can say this:

At least they moved away from the "guy with a gun walking toward you" or "guy sitting around with a gun" images. I don't mind this one nearly as bad.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By colourful_hippie

Huh, it's funny to think back on how much I use to like/care about Ghost. Fun times.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By EXTomar

Is one of the weapons going to be vacuum style thing that sucks in bad guys?

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@fourwude said:

Run WHILST shooting.

Peek round corners.

Do a barrel roll.

Next Gen.

pfffhahaha

It is funny because it is true.

they should at least start with letting you run and reload *rolls eyes*

that be some next-next gen shit!

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The cover looks kinda shitty. I don't think it will end up as the actual cover.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#31  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I wonder if this game will have a stealth aspect to it. It could be an interesting change to the tone of the series so far.

Also, this is the Tenth game in the Call of Duty series, Tenth!

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@jakob187 said:

If that's the actual cover, then I can say this:

At least they moved away from the "guy with a gun walking toward you" or "guy sitting around with a gun" images. I don't mind this one nearly as bad.

It's actually one of those holographic covers that changes the image when you shift the viewing angle. Just a single quarter turn the right, and the dude rips his mask off while slowing walking towards you with a MP5 over his shoulder.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

I'm a COD fan but I don't see Infinity Ward topping Black Ops 2.

Darson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Uhg

Wikitoups

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Call of Duty: Ghosts title sounds alot like Gears of War: Judgement (As in "We don't know what to do this year cause it's the year before next gen so hey why not make a game about ghost?")

Also: 10th anniversary motherfuckers!!! This series has been going on for TEN YEARS!!!

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

Mm. Is it sick or dope? I dunno. I might get it, play some co-op. Next-gen!. And then I get to see all the amusing CoD avatar stuff I won't buy, then. Yay!. I would maybe buy a Ghost-Face..

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By GaspoweR

@blu3v3nom07: Just a bit of a correction. The bio in Tina's Twitter page is telling those who want to report cheats to tweet @IWenforcers. The way the statement is formed in the bio isn't really clear though so it kinda reads like she's the one who reports them. Also May 1 isn't the NBA Finals yet, it'll still be the NBA Playoffs, which fits in the typical time frame when they announce another COD game. We're still about less than a month away from the Finals.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@gaspower: Mm?. You might be right. I remember with MW3, she moved from 1UP/IGN over to Infinity Ward as a Community Manager. So, I don't know what the hell she does now. I just think that she might not community-manage is all. I'll think I'll update that part, then..

Edit: Well I looked even more, and I fixed it.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GaspoweR

@blu3v3nom07: I reckon most of her job is done via the IW/COD forums or perhaps another IW Twitter account since "Teanah" is pretty much her personal account that she's been using since her 1Up days.

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
    darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the key thing here is they said it's a new engine my hopes is that they mean a new engine not more modifications on top of the 20 year old engine they've been using

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

Pro tip for boxart. Corgi in full camo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.