Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Nov 04, 2016

Set in futuristic 2080, the 13th entry of the Call of Duty series brings a war that spans our entire Solar System.

Call of Duty - Infinite Warfare

• 54 results
    Giant_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I think that it's their way of letting us know that it is being made by the COD studio we used to love, Infinity Ward.

Bam541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty excited actually, it looks cool and ridiculous at the same time. It's been a while since i played a COD game anyway, so i'll be buying this one if it turns out to be good.

swaney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By swaney
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@swaney said:

This quick write up from IGN has me pretty excited: http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/05/02/infinity-ward-wants-you-to-live-the-top-gun-fantasy-in-call-of-duty-infinite-warfare

Seems like we'll be able to fully control a small spaceship and even direct what missions to pick. Player agency will be a nice addition.

Instead of fragmenting the game by shoehorning in vehicle sequences, "they are seamlessly woven into the fiction of the character and the mechanics of the game," providing an experience that Minkoff described as being "completely holistic."

In this way, "you can be boots on ground, fighting through the streets of a city on earth, call down your Jackal, get into it, fly up through the atmosphere, engage in a dogfight over the orbit of earth, finish that dogfight, land on the deck of the carrier, get into the carrier, go up to the bridge, and order your ship to go to the next mission and all of it happens seamlessly with no loading screens."

That does potentially sound very cool. Also, it has been confirmed that COD4 remastered will feature remastered multiplayer maps, and will not be just a simple port with a higher resolution. Instead, we're getting new lighting, new geometry, new foliage, etc. The remaster is being handled by Raven Software, who has been contributing to COD games since the original Black Ops.

Out of the ten maps included, five have been confirmed so far:

• Crash
    • Overgrown
    • Crossfire
    • Backlot
    • Bog

Man, is it ever going to be cool to play COD4 again.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#55  Edited By monkeyking1969

Here is the terrible thing. CoD games for what they are, are fairly well made. Most science fiction shooters have not been that great. (Sorry, Halo fans halo is more like Space Oprah rather than sci-fi. Killzone just became a mess. Dust 514 was too complex for its own good to even start getting into when it launch, and thus died on the vine. Mass Effect is really a shooter.) So yeah, why not let the masters of FPS take a crack at some real solar system expanding story telling.

I don't often like the stories in recent CoD games, but they at least tell their dumb stories well. (Telling a story well even a stupid one can at least make it tolerable.) You can trust a CoD game to look good, run close to 60 fps, and to be at least balanced enough to not be totally unfair. So, why not let them take a crack at it and see if they can make a sci-fi narrative/shooter? I figure there is not much further in teh future of them to go after this game, so it either back in time or staying withing this nebulous "far future" milliue.

Actually, it is puzzling that given the prolific nature of military sci-fi that nobody is tapping into that well spring for all sorts of games not just shooters. Honor Harrington (David Weber), Captain “Black Jack” Geary (John G. Henry), Risen Empire (Scott Westerfield), Vorkosigan Saga (Lois McMaster Bujold), Prince Roger/March Upcountry Series (John Ringo and David Weber), Frontiers Saga (Ryk Brown), Semper Mars/Heritage Trillogy (Ian Douglas). Each one of those series have mud-foot soldiers for the action and fantastic stories for everything else.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might be the first Call of Duty in a while for me. Seems cool, and I love the setting. The Modern Warfare remaster is also pretty cool.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.