Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Activision Disputing Ownership of Fake Modern Warfare 3 Website Because of Course it Is

• 118 results
    Amducious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Amducious

It would just be the icing (frosting) on the cake it it was owned by a certain Respawn Entertainment. :)

sirdesmond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#102  Edited By sirdesmond

I'm surprised it took them as long as it did to actually get it pulled down.

Panpipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By Panpipe

@ShoddyGo said:

i thought journalism was supposed to be unbiased we don't need your snide casual comments mr navarro

This is Giant Bomb.

If you want monotonous print-outs of press releases go to some other gaming website.

Also, I don't know where you got the idea that journalism is supposed to be unbiased. If you'd actually read ANY journalism then you'd know that isn't true.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By SeriouslyNow

I think it's time for Bobby to call Rupert and have this dude taken care of.

AZChristopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By AZChristopher
    @Spekingur said:

@Bones8677 said:

@Spekingur said:

Whoever owns the domain closed the redirect and set up the site as previously except with more BF3 references. The domain is registered through Domains by Proxy, so the actual owner is not known. Activision filed a 11 page complaint explaining why the ownership should be transferred to them and against Domains by Proxy.

Sorry, but in my opinion Activision should not get these domains since they obviously didn't think far enough ahead. A very large error on their part which they should pay for. Preferably with large sums of money.

You do realize you're pretty much defending Domain Squatting? Activison has every right to claim the domain for themselves.

Do they? Why is that? Do they actually own the brand name? I thought it was all still up in limbo seeing as the trial (Zampella and West vs. Activision) is ongoing.

And no, I am not defending Domain Squatting - it is though a real thing and has been happening for quite a while. It should have come as no surprise to Activision that someone had registered that domain and it is very strange that Activision is just now realising that they might have to register a few domains for their upcoming game. One would have thought that with Modern Warfare 2 they would have prepared for this sooner. They are a big company with lots of lawyers (explains the 11 page complaint) and apparently no brain that thinks far enough ahead.

UDRP, UDRP, UDRP. Google it.

The registrant was fine until he jumped the ship into "Bad Faith" by pointing it to the site of a competitor. And 11 pages is not that long for a UDRP complaint. 

Also, we will know who the registrant is once Domains By Proxy cancels the privacy service. Here we go... the true registrant!

Administrative Contact:
    Abraham, Anthony chiefata@aol.com
    155 solano prado
    miami, Florida 33156
    United States
    (305) 333-8247

15 minutes of fame incoming!
    AZChristopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By AZChristopher
    @Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:
    It seems to me that a multi-billion dollar corporation like Activision should have spent a few grand and secured every possible variation of Modern Warfare this or that.com years ago. They didn't, someone else did. As long as the current owner of the site isn't putting anything slanderous or illegal on the website that he paid for, then I say get a thicker skin Activision.
    Pointing the domain name to the Battlefield 3 website meant that EA was making money off of an Activision trademark. So although it is a civil, and not criminal, event the registrant basically did so something illegal.
    SHADOWINFINITE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By SHADOWINFINITE

Lol, what's wrong with people?

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#108  Edited By Bones8677
    @Spekingur said:

@Bones8677 said:

@Spekingur said:

Whoever owns the domain closed the redirect and set up the site as previously except with more BF3 references. The domain is registered through Domains by Proxy, so the actual owner is not known. Activision filed a 11 page complaint explaining why the ownership should be transferred to them and against Domains by Proxy.

Sorry, but in my opinion Activision should not get these domains since they obviously didn't think far enough ahead. A very large error on their part which they should pay for. Preferably with large sums of money.

You do realize you're pretty much defending Domain Squatting? Activison has every right to claim the domain for themselves.

Do they? Why is that? Do they actually own the brand name? I thought it was all still up in limbo seeing as the trial (Zampella and West vs. Activision) is ongoing.

And no, I am not defending Domain Squatting - it is though a real thing and has been happening for quite a while. It should have come as no surprise to Activision that someone had registered that domain and it is very strange that Activision is just now realising that they might have to register a few domains for their upcoming game. One would have thought that with Modern Warfare 2 they would have prepared for this sooner. They are a big company with lots of lawyers (explains the 11 page complaint) and apparently no brain that thinks far enough ahead.

From what the article says, Activision has been trying to obtain this domain for some time now. It's only now that the owner of the site has been abusing it and Activision is fighting back. Also, from the time of this domain's purchase, all there was, was Modern Warfare 1. Probably would have been weird to obtain domains for 2 sequels that aren't being worked on, maybe a little too forward thinking, even for Activision.
    TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By TotalEklypse
    @FormulaDeuce said:

This is a pretty funny situation here. Thou, the amount of shit I give about the parties involved in this little conflict can be measured between the two lines after this sentence.

| |

That is a lot.
    MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#110  Edited By MisterMouse

I hope Activision doesn't get this domain... even though I know they will.

tariqari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#111  Edited By tariqari

"this whole thing is like a scene straight out of a Michael Bay action movie!"

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#112  Edited By yukoasho
    @pyromaster222 said:
    I hope Activision doesn't get this domain... even though I know they will.
    Why would you hope that?  It's clearly a cyber-squatter trying to defame someone, probably in the hopes of a huge payout.
    Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
    the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i like Alex's articles

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#114  Edited By damnboyadvance

Hmm, I think I'll register giantbomb2.com.

bioblood22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By bioblood22

I'm not surprised Activision would be completely unintelligent to the level that as soon as they made MW1 they didn't buy tons of MW domain names. Oh and not to mention that Actvile are complete dicks and would sell their mothers for a good game. I was going to get MW3 just because I thought the game looked great and fun, even with my distaste for Actvile. But after this they can go fuck a duck and suck some ....muck? YEA THAT WORKS!    I'm now getting Bf3 and will support any game that runs up against something Actvile puts out.

zymbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#116  Edited By zymbo

Activision is just mad he's calling them out on their BS.  CoD is complete garbage now.  They've made the same game for years and the fanboys keep eating this crap up.  I hope they have to buy the domain off him and he makes a tidy profit.  Then with his profit he can buy a copy of BF3 and a garbage bag for his MW discs.

onan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#117  Edited By onan

They keep those lawyers on retainer, but they'd have to pay new money to register all of those extra domain names. Seems pretty obvious why they're not proactive.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#118  Edited By yukoasho
    @damnboyadvance said:
    Hmm, I think I'll register giantbomb2.com.
    Don't forget you also have to get gamebomb2.ru as well.  Very important.
    MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#119  Edited By MeatSim

Internet hobos and there domain squatting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.