Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

Is this game as infested with modders at this point as MW 1 & 2?

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey folks. CoD4 and MW2 are a cesspit of modding nonsense these days, making them nigh unplayable. I would happily grab a copy of MW3 to play if it hasn't suffered the same fate.
    If anyone out there still has a copy, would you do me a solid and poke your head into multiplayer to see if it's still functional? It would be much appreciated.

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I was looking at getting the Modern Warfare collection, and all the reviews on the store page for Amazon made it sound like all 3 have been hacked to pieces. Best bet is the CoD4 remaster if you are looking for some old school CoD.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was looking at getting the Modern Warfare collection, and all the reviews on the store page for Amazon made it sound like all 3 have been hacked to pieces. Best bet is the CoD4 remaster if you are looking for some old school CoD.

Agreed. Remastered COD4 campaign and multiplayer is going to be worth every penny of the game's price, and they're even kind enough to throw in a copy of the new COD for just 20 dollars more this year. Something like that, anyhow.

Spitznock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A buddy of mine and I have been playing CoD4 a bit recently on PS3 and it's been just as terrific as I remember. The mod nonsense doesn't seem like as much of a problem if you stick to the Mercenary playlist, though a small playerbase means you get some laggy hosts here or there. There's also a weird sense of community on there, as you see the same people in matches often.
    MW2 on the other hand, from my experience, is a living nightmare of level boosters, aimbots, etc, regardless of which hopper you choose.
    I'm going to be all over the remaster once it hits. Hopefully classic Headquarters (none of that headquarters pro or hardpoint nonsense) makes it in.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
    deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MW3 was my most played CoD game. During its first year it was infested with cheaters. Like straight up teleporting other players into the sky, auto aim, walking thru walls, flying. IW did zero to address the issue. No idea how things are nowadays. Can't imagine much better. Maybe the jerks moved on to something newer?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.