Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Nov 08, 2011

The last installment of the Modern Warfare trilogy brings World War 3 to the world of Call of Duty. While the U.S., British, and French armed forces try to push back the Russian invasion, the disavowed Task Force 141 begin their hunt for international terrorist Vladimir Makarov.

What will ruin Modern Warfare 3?

• 125 results
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    onarum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By onarum

nothing, it will still sell like a bazillion copies.

as for gameplay I really don't see how can it get any worse.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

Every COD game has something in it that everyone bitches about.  What will it be in this game?

9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By 9cupsoftea

Those are all the things that ruined MW2. 

Oh for the elegant simplicity of COD4.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By Sooperspy

The fact that it's the same game as MW2.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    @Redbullet685 said:
    /thread
    Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Slaker117

People. Fucking people are what ruin online game experiences.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Azteck
    @Redbullet685 said:
    George_Hukas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By George_Hukas

All the people who hate the game, but then still buy it and then just talk the whole time in-game about how the devs messed the game up.

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MideonNViscera

Where's the option for "The Players"?

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DonPixel

@SpaceInsomniac: Did you watch the CoD xp stream?

Last stand and secondary shotgun are not returning

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Franstone

Modern Warfare 2? 
    dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By dbz1995
    @Slaker117 said:
    This man is completely correct.
    jaketaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jaketaylor
    @dbz1995 said:
    @Slaker117 said:
    This man is completely correct.
    chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By chilibean_3

None of those? Poor balance in general? Poor maps/spawning? Guns that aren't fun to shoot? I didn't much care for the spawning or most of the guns in Black Ops so I hope that's better. I guess it's possible that they'll add too much to the game and this will be the beginning of the end. Probably not though. It's probably going to be a pretty fun game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where's the same old repetitive shallow gameplay on that poll?

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#17  Edited By meptron

game will be awesome

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Aetheldod

@Redbullet685 said:

HairyMike87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By HairyMike87

Deathstreaks for sure. I'm all for giving someone a boost if they constantly get annihilated, but final stand and martydom are pretty shitty.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By imsh_pl

This game looks

fucking exactly

like MW2
    UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By UnrealDP

Everything you just listed is a way people play the game and they're all totally viable ways to play. "Soundwhoring ninja users."? Do you even know what you're complaining about? It's like complaining about the bullets because they keep on going into your head.

OneManX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By OneManX

@UnrealDP said:

Everything you just listed is a way people play the game and they're all totally viable ways to play. "Soundwhoring ninja users."? Do you even know what you're complaining about? It's like complaining about the bullets because they keep on going into your head.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 69

#23  Edited By bobafettjm

Man the hate for Call of Duty has gotten insane. This game is not exactly like MW2, as a matter of fact there are enough changes to make it quite different. The only thing that will bother me out of that list is quickscoping, because it means using a sniper rifle the way it was not intended to for easier kills.

Potter9156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Potter9156

The maps probably. Supposedly they're more like Blops than COD4/MW2s. Everything else sounds great. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this might have something to do with it.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @OneManX said:

@UnrealDP said:

I love call of duty, I play every call of duty, I played Black Ops just last night, and I'll be buying MW3 on day one, but none of that changes the fact that people find something to hate about every call of duty game.

Replenishing grenade launchers with scavenger and running around with the commando perk knifing people were totally viable ways to play MW2.  That didn't mean that they weren't incredibly annoying. 

Anyhow, my point is that this isn't a hate thread.  At least not any more than all the other troll-filled, well-intended COD threads on Giant Bomb.
    ilovebees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ilovebees

@Redbullet685 said:

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By mikemcn

What will ruin it is all you douchebags acting like the game is terrible when it will sell 70 billion copies (Yes, 10 copies per person. That's how good Activision is at selling call of duty.) and who try to compare BF3 to it at the expense of both games.

The game is nothing we haven't seen before, but your trolling if you think its garbage.

DaemonBlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DaemonBlack

@Mikemcn said:

What will ruin it is all you douchebags acting like the game is terrible when it will sell 70 billion copies (Yes, 10 copies per person. Thats how good Activision is at selling call of duty.) and who try to compare BF3 to it at the expense of both games.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Well, minus the 70 billion copies thing. More like 80 billion.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By laserbolts

Kids

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @DonPixel said:

I hate to break it to you, but last stand is a deathstreak, and overkill will allow you to have two primary weapons.  Also, 402 is an ass who lied to the community using technicalities.  He said there's no second chance PERK, and that shotguns are no longer SECONDARIES.  Both are still in the game in some form.  

Personally, I'm especially pissed about the return of deathstreaks.  That's also what I voted in the poll.
    mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mikemcn

@DaemonBlack said:

@Mikemcn said:

What will ruin it is all you douchebags acting like the game is terrible when it will sell 70 billion copies (Yes, 10 copies per person. Thats how good Activision is at selling call of duty.) and who try to compare BF3 to it at the expense of both games.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Well, minus the 70 billion copies thing. More like 80 billion.

I was trying to be conservative about that number.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By UnrealDP

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@OneManX said:

@UnrealDP said:

I love call of duty, I play every call of duty, I played Black Ops just last night, and I'll be buying MW3 on day one, but none of that changes the fact that people find something to hate about every call of duty game. Replenishing grenade launchers with scavenger and running around with the commando perk knifing people were totally viable ways to play MW2. That didn't mean that they weren't incredibly annoying. Anyhow, my point is that this isn't a hate thread. At least not any more than all the other troll-filled, well-intended COD threads on Giant Bomb.

Yes everyone will always find something to hate about every multiplayer game ever simply because you have died from it and the fact that you weren't good enough to stop it or unable to stop it pisses you off no matter how much of a fringe case it is. Hate grenade launchers? Well he only has one shot before reloading and you could pick an explosive ressistent perk to counter act him, infact if you were travelling around with teamates this problem wouldn't be one since he would immedietly die from the lengthy reloading.

Not a hate thread? The title of this thread is "What will ruin modern warfare 3?" and all you do is list things tons of people do because they are balenced and viable ways to play. You literally list killstreaks as things that will ruin the game "But he's got a plane, how is that fair?", well he killed 13 people without dieing and he probably only killed about that much with the AC130, so it's a pretty high barrier and it's a nice reward. Simply saying that there are worse threads out there is no excuse thats like saying that me running over a dog is fine because there are worse people out there.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DonPixel

@SpaceInsomniac said:

@DonPixel said:

I hate to break it to you, but last stand is a deathstreak, and overkill will allow you to have two primary weapons. Also, 402 is an ass who lied to the community using technicalities. He said there's no second chance PERK, and that shotguns are no longer SECONDARIES. Both are still in the game in some form. Personally, I'm especially pissed about the return of deathstreaks. That's also what I voted in the poll.

Mmm that sucks I wasn't aware I couldn´t dig that much into it, I'm at work.

I'm gonna end up wasting more time in the Halo anyversary map pack anyway...

Sanious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Sanious
    @Mikemcn said:

What will ruin it is all you douchebags acting like the game is terrible when it will sell 70 billion copies (Yes, 10 copies per person. That's how good Activision is at selling call of duty.) and who try to compare BF3 to it at the expense of both games.

The game is nothing we haven't seen before, but your trolling if you think its garbage.

How much a game sells doesn't define it's quality broham. Hate to break that to you. 

I honestly don't see the problem with it looking and feeling like MW2 because without all the bullshit MW2 is fun as fuck, but too bad all the unbalanced nonsense is there. Deathstreaks to me are an indicator of the bullshit returning, you absolutely should not be rewarded for dying. I forget which death streak it is, but why the hell should someone be rewarded for seeing someones exact location when they died x amount of times? So the guy that killed said person who got the death streak is punished for doing what you're supposed to do? Who could end up losing his reward for the sake of making the game newbie friendly to bad players. 

Deathstreaks are just one sign that they did not listen to anyone that actually gives a shit about the series. No one likes Martydom, no one likes Last Stand, No one liked Deathstreaks. It is straight up garbage. 

I was actually considering MW3 until I hopped back into MW2 recently and remembered all the bullshit. And then seeing that they actually brought back one of the worst parts of it, just completely made me lose interest in the title at all.
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @UnrealDP said:

Yes everyone will always find something to hate about every multiplayer game ever simply because you have died from it and the fact that you weren't good enough to stop it or unable to stop it pisses you off no matter how much of a fringe case it is. Hate grenade launchers? Well he only has one shot before reloading and you could pick an explosive ressistent perk to counter act him, infact if you were travelling around with teamates this problem wouldn't be one since he would immedietly die from the lengthy reloading.

In MW2, there were no explosive resistant perks, and if you were with teammates, then they'd often die in the same explosion.  It wasn't good game design.  Even Infinity Ward would agree to this, since they've spent a good deal of time reassuring people that it won't be in MW3.  

@UnrealDP

said: 

Not a hate thread? The title of this thread is "What will ruin modern warfare 3?" and all you do is list things tons of people do because they are balenced and viable ways to play. You literally list killstreaks as things that will ruin the game "But he's got a plane, how is that fair?", well he killed 13 people without dieing and he probably only killed about that much with the AC130, so it's a pretty high barrier and it's a nice reward. Simply saying that there are worse threads out there is no excuse thats like saying that me running over a dog is fine because there are worse people out there.

I'm not saying that "there are worse threads out there."  I'm saying that any MW3 thread on this forum is going to be filled with trolls, because that seems to be the way that the wind is blowing these days.  I've also earned chopper gunner and/or dogs enough times in Black Ops not to have any issues with killstreaks, but I know they're something that people complain about, so I added them to the poll. 

Like it or not, even people who love this game will find something about it that bothers them more than any other aspect.  This poll is just about guessing what that might happen to be.  I'll be interesting to look back on this thread after MW3 has been out for a couple of months, and see how true our assumptions really were. 

But whatever, I still say deathstreaks are a load of crap, and they shouldn't be anywhere near this game.
    gamb1t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By gamb1t
    @onarum said:
    nothing, it will still sell like a bazillion copies.  as for gameplay I really don't see how can it get any worse.
    /thread
    Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As soon as killstreaks became the focus of multiplayer, the game stopped having anything resembling balance. Forgetting all the other bad design choices made in MW2, that one was what essentially ruined the flow of every game. Objective modes might as well not exist in MW2 because you can win every game with a nuke. Why the fuck do you need to care about capping the HQ when you can baserape the enemy with an AC-130 the whole time?

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

What will ruin MW3?

The players.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By UnrealDP

@SpaceInsomniac:

First off Flak jacket id the perk in Black ops that lowers damage from explosives, if you were talking about MW2 the use the blast shield in the equipment slot, you can turn it off and on with no penalty and when you're teamates are around you do they bunch up? No when you're with your teamates they aren't standing side by side in an organised fashion and ether way the blast radius isn't every sizable. The grenade launcher is a confirmed weapon in MW3 and there no indication that it has changed and why should it? The grenade launcher has always been a fair weapon, if you're using your 1 shot low ammo launcher instead of your rifle you're at a disadvantage and it's impossible to get killstreaks.

Second let me say again that the title of this thread is "What will ruin Modern Warfare 3?" how is that not super negative and if this poll really is just "whats bugging ya about modern warfare" the why the negativity. All of these pressumptions are baseless, none of the other CoDs have been ruined by anything which is why they're constantly played, so whats so different about this one? Your wording of "my point is this isn't a hate thread. Atleast not anymore than all the other troll-filled, well-intended COD threads on Giant Bomb." sounds alot like "there are worse threads out there", but that was just poor wording i guess.

Ether way we can mostly all agree that MW3 is going to be fun, video games are fun, so why make such terrible pressumptions about what will "ruin Modern Warfare 3"? I know people always have their problems with the game and they always will, but why be so negative?

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By mazik765
    @Slaker117 said:
    Agreed. I hate it when people have sex when I'm trying to play me some death match.
    hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By hoossy

Battlefield 3 will ruin MW3

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @mazik765 said:
    @Slaker117 said:
    Agreed. I hate it when people have sex when I'm trying to play me some death match.
    Zing!
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By tebbit

I don't think they can ruin that formula. The real question is: can they make it any better than MW2? And it looks to me like the answer is "no".

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By ShockD

The streaks already ruined the multiplayer of CoD for me. I guess I won't even touch it this time.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

Threads like this.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MeierTheRed

People who will buy MW3 will ruin it.

Mentalnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Mentalnova

Why the eff do Perks have "Pro" unlocks? CoD4 didn't have that shit.  One of the worst balance issues ever

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By SpaceInsomniac
    @antikorper said:
    The streaks already ruined the multiplayer of CoD for me. I guess I won't even touch it this time.
    Streaks only ruin CoD when you're not good enough to get them.  Once you get good enough, then they only ruin objective modes. ; ) 

@Mentalnova said:
    Why the eff do Perks have "Pro" unlocks? CoD4 didn't have that shit.  One of the worst balance issues ever

They give people who have put in a little time a slight advantage in certain circumstances, and their absence makes it slightly more difficult for players who prestige.  New players already don't start with all the perks, so I don't see why putting in the time to earn pro perks is all that different from CoD4.  Either way, you get more gameplay options and more abilities as you play the game.

One of the smartest choices that they made with this game is separating cold-blooded into two perks, one to avoid radar, and one to avoid being seen by killstreaks.  Now people are going to be able to quickly switch to an anti-air support class--to take down the chopper gunner that's killing the entire team--and not have to worry about unlocking the pro version of ghost/cold-blooded before they can't be seen. 

Even better, the basic and pro versions of the two most overpowered and overused black ops perks "Ghost" and "Slight of Hand" have been split into four different perks for MW3.  Want almost instantaneous reloads and aiming down your sight?  Well, then you're going to be seen on the radar and by killstreaks.  Want to be invisible to radar and killstreaks?  Well, then you're going to be aiming and reloading slowly.  Seems like a great idea to me.
    RTSlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RTSlord

modern warfare 3. thats what will ruin it. itself.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.