Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

COD Veteran Difficulty

The_Drizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Drizzle

How in the fuck can anyone get enjoyment out of playing it on Veteran difficulty?  The constant nade-spamming and cheapness of the kills makes me want to pull my hair out, should i just give up on it or are there certain tips that help with beating levels

Richard76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Richard76

Yeah, the grenades are a little bit much.  I played through COD 2 and 4 on veteran and they were tough and I died a lot but I did get through and feel like I accomplished something by completing them that way.  I have just recently started going through COD 5 and the grenades are probably the same as the others but still no less annoying.  I swear the other day I had about 5 bop me in the head 1 after another and all I could do was just hit the throw back button.

I hope in the next game they understand that a game can be hard because they are good shots and not because they seem to give away grenades in cracker jack boxes.
    TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By TEAMHOLT

CoD on Veteran is incredibly vexing. You have to know where you've got to be, when you've got to be there, and who you've got to shoot or you are done. On top of that, you notice the seams in the game much more than you would on the easier difficulties. The friendly AI do about fuck all to help you in a fight and are just there as setpieces, and firefights feel like they were ripped out of a game from 1998 with endlessly respawning enemies that are turned on and off via invisible triggers.

I managed to beat World at War on Hardened, and it's not as seemingly impossible as Veteran but is still more frustating than fun. Unless you're the type who just loves it when a game kicks the shit out of you, you're probably better off playing it on normal, or even easy for that matter, and just enjoying the ride.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Thats the thing its not fun and it is all most impossible I've gotten up to heart of the reich and am having a bitch of a time I've gotten up to storming the steps but there are so many endless enemies and i gotta blow stuff up its not even funny.

hockeygod31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By hockeygod31

Well I agree with  all of you that VETERAN IS MAJORLY FUCKED UP! The grenades are endless and its bullshit how easily the enemy can kill you.

Instead of Veteran it should be called this:

YOU WILL DIE AND SWEAR AND FUCKING GO INSANE, THIS WAS MADE TO KILL YOU! IF YOU BEAT THIS YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS!

seriously they made it harder than COD4 because they knew that the game was nothing compared to COD4 so they wanted to have something for people to say: FUCK VETERAN! The gay ass friendly troops cant shoot for shit and are completely useless. It is like fighting WWII all by your self. Oh and the FUCKING UNDLESS SHIT STORM OF ENEMIES! UNLIMITED REINFORCEMENTS!

And finally the biggest issue ever: CHECKPOINTS! how can you spawn so far back when you go so far! Fuck that. Lets get to the end of the mission, die and spawn at the beginning! It is torture of the mind!

CoD4 shall remain the best war game

daniel13021994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By daniel13021994

Personally, I don't mind a challenge every now and again. I admit veteran is very hard to beat, but about 20% of the time I play COD, I play on veteran. The other 80% of the time, I play on hardened. Obviously, I die a lot more on veteran than I do on hardened, but when I keep dying, instead of getting angry, I try to stay calm and keep playing. Sometimes (especially on difficult/timed missions), I die so often on veteran, I just give up and start playing on hardened instead. My favourite COD games are COD black ops, COD 4: MW, COD MW2 and COD MW3.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By Justin258

Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran, from what I remember, was comparatively well-balanced. I had a lot of fun getting through that one, though there are some frustrating parts.

I have attempted pretty much every other CoD on Veteran and the rest are just stupidly difficult. And I do mean "stupidly" - it's not so much a challenge of being skilled at the game as it is getting really lucky. Treyarch games are especially guilty of this. I was happy enough to get through a few levels of BlOps on Veteran. I dialed that one back to Hardened, and then a few levels later went back to Normal. It's just not a good kind of hard, it's an unfair patience-testing kind. Do yourself a favor - don't play CoD on Veteran unless you're one of those gamers who likes getting his ass kicked unfairly all of the time.

graboids

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By graboids

I remember thinking "is every enemy in this game Peyton Manning?" because every grenade would land exactly at my feet no matter where I was at...CODWAW on Veteran is the game that made me stop trying to finish games on harder difficulties... now I just play them for fun.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By EquitasInvictus

Veteran Call of Duty can get extremely frustrating. The enemy AI relentlessly gets all trigger happy on you and you barely have a millisecond to maneuver or aim before you're swiss cheesed or blown up. Even when you have allies, their AI just sucks and the enemies either make short work of them or ignore them entirely as they're so useless.

For hardest difficulty settings I feel like veteran Call of Duty is not something to go at casually. I can deal with casually doing -- say -- Insane-difficulty Gears of War, but Veteran Call of Duty is much more of an ordeal for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.