Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

This is ridiculous...

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Endogene

You know how i did that part? I ducked, very sturdy wall that is. I just shot the guys coming over the ladders.

valandil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By valandil

I used the air turrets to destroy the tanks. If you're playing on Normal tha it shouldn't be too much trouble. Since controlling the air turrets is slippery, before the tanks come I position the turret on the area where the tanks are. When the tanks come I just quickly get in, shoot, get out, and duck under the wall. I believe you need to destroy all the tanks to complete the level. It gets pretty chaotic. I also had some trouble on the level.

SSbabel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By SSbabel

Yeh that took me a few times kept dieing because i was getting made by the tanks, in the end i did the same thing as Endogene, i hid well at the back and shot the Japs approaching over the ladders.

jhosaphat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By jhosaphat

I ran into this yesterday, and I too, tried using the AA guns, but they are too slow. Keep in mind I am playing on Hardened. What you have to do is concentrate on the Japanese soldiers on the ground. Keep eliminating them and ignore the tanks. You'll hear your CO make different comments that will let you know how far you are progressing, ie ("They're taking positions at the tower!"). Eventually, shouldn't take more than five minutes, a naval bombardment will come in and take the tanks out.  It was frustrating to figure out, but it's easy once you do.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lunarbunny

Veteran is so not worth it for this game unless you're an achievement whore. It's totally cheap with grenade spam and psychic AI, terrible checkpoint locations and ineffectual teammates.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Lunarbunny

I was just glad the walls aren't styrofoam like CoD4 multi...otherwise you'd always be dead.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Gizmo

The graphics are pretty shoddy on that level as well, definately a rush-job.

/Waits for COD:MW2

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.