Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty: World at War

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Nov 11, 2008

The fifth installment of the Call of Duty series, bringing most of the gameplay and graphical improvements of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare back to World War II conflict. It is also the first Call of Duty game set in the Pacific Theater.

ZOMBIE MODE UNLOCKED....

EventHorizon1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By EventHorizon1

This news is direct from shacknews.com:

The video game zombie invasion continues, as it was revealed over the weekend that Treyarch's Call of Duty: World at War (PC, 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS) contains an endless zombie-slaughter mode for up to four players.

The mode, which is unlocked by finishing the fifth Call of Duty game releasing November 11, plays like the Horde Mode of Epic's Gears of War 2, but with undead Nazis in the place of more monstrous Locust.

Players earn cash by killing zombies, which is then used to purchase weapons and equipment. Zombies respawn endlessly in waves, and reportedly Treyarch themselves have only managed to reach wave 23.

Thrawn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Thrawn1
    EventHorizon1 said:
    "This news is direct from shacknews.com:
    The video game zombie invasion continues, as it was revealed over the weekend that Treyarch's Call of Duty: World at War (PC, 360, PS3, PS2, Wii, DS) contains an endless zombie-slaughter mode for up to four players.

The mode, which is unlocked by finishing the fifth Call of Duty game releasing November 11, plays like the Horde Mode of Epic's Gears of War 2, but with undead Nazis in the place of more monstrous Locust.

Players earn cash by killing zombies, which is then used to purchase weapons and equipment. Zombies respawn endlessly in waves, and reportedly Treyarch themselves have only managed to reach wave 23.

"
    gamesradar sort of broke this story in their podcast (which is excellent, by the way) about a month ago
    kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kmdrkul

Totally blatant rip off, but since that seems to be what Treyarch has been going for, no surprise here. 

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

As long as it plays as good as the usual CoD multiplayer, then it's not like this is a bad thing!

Soulglove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Soulglove

...and like Horde mode is so original.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Relys
    kmdrkul said:
    "Totally blatant rip off, but since that seems to be what Treyarch has been going for, no surprise here. "
    You say that like it's a bad thing. ;)

(I'm sick of L4D fanboys)
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I really want to see some reviews for this game, this feature would actaully be a buying point for me, I love any kind of Co-op zombie killing action : )

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Pibo47

You guys wanna know something funny? Left 4 Dead is going to come out soon. And its going to blow this games zombie mode outa the water. Big time.

alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By alexrubens
    Pibo47 said:
    "You guys wanna know something funny? Left 4 Dead is going to come out soon. And its going to blow this games zombie mode outa the water. Big time."
    Agreed
    Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Player1
    kmdrkul said:
    "Totally blatant rip off, but since that seems to be what Treyarch has been going for, no surprise here. "
    Yeah I heard they were making this game just like COD4 or somthing? That and now this. Its getting ridiculous. :P
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    kmdrkul said:
    its treyarch man theyve never created an actually good original game all they've ever done is copy what others do or build skin packs essentially and brand them as new games the only truely good stuff is COD games and even then all their stuff is just copied engine or game that they repackage.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jakob187

Oh, GOD FORBID someone uses a GOOD game as a blatant rip-off.

You know what?  You guys are right.  They should've used GoldenEye Rogue Agent instead.  What the hell was Treyarch thinking?

Oh, that's right.  They were thinking that they would extend the life of CoD4 with what is essentially an expansion pack and should be viewed as just that...and that way Activision could roll in some dough to use for development on Call of Duty 6 by Infinity Ward!!!

ZOMG!!!

Honestly, you guys are really digging for something to complain about, because I haven't heard a bad thing about WaW yet.  =  /
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Absurd
    jakob187 said:
    "Oh, GOD FORBID someone uses a GOOD game as a blatant rip-off.
    You know what?  You guys are right.  They should've used GoldenEye Rogue Agent instead.  What the hell was Treyarch thinking?

Oh, that's right.  They were thinking that they would extend the life of CoD4 with what is essentially an expansion pack and should be viewed as just that...and that way Activision could roll in some dough to use for development on Call of Duty 6 by Infinity Ward!!!

ZOMG!!!

Honestly, you guys are really digging for something to complain about, because I haven't heard a bad thing about WaW yet.  =  /
    "
    I'd rather have something Unique as I'm sure most people here would.
    ep_driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ep_driver
    Pibo47 said:
    "You guys wanna know something funny? Left 4 Dead is going to come out soon. And its going to blow this games zombie mode outa the water. Big time."

Why are people comparing a tiny sliver of a full retail game that isn't centered around zombies to Left 4 Dead over and over? What a bunch of dumb asses. This is just a fun extra mode thrown in. I bet that if they were just Nazis instead on zombie Nazis that your vaginas wouldn't be so sore, but nooooo, you zombie humpers just can't let it go.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By RHCPfan24
    ep_driver said:
    "Pibo47 said:

Why are people comparing a tiny sliver of this game to Left 4 Dead over and over? What a bunch of dumb asses. This is just a fun extra mode thrown in. I bet the if they were just Nazis instead on zombie Nazis that your vaginas wouldn't be so sore, but nooooo, you zombie humpers just can't let it go."
    LOL
    tabbyjvw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tabbyjvw

I think you will find that its cod world at war not cod 5 therefore the next cod will be 5 and not 6.......waw uses the engines of cod 4....and so does quantom of solace game ,waw and cod 5 are made by to different sudios !!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.