Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Call of Duty

Franchise »

Originally starting as a World War II-themed first-person shooter, the Call of Duty franchise now incorporates other time periods and conflicts and can be found on virtually every modern platform.

Skipping this year?

Avatar image for deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f
    deactivated-63cd8ec76d97f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

As the the title states, is Call of Duty skipping a year? While I don't need to remind anybody that this is is far from a typical year, however the fact that there hasn't been any official announcement made yet (and no leaks from what I've seen) makes me wonder if COD is just sitting this year out or if Activision is just keeping real close to the chest this year.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Modern Warfare 2019 was the best COD has been since the 360 days. I think they got a lot of new, or brought back old, players with this one. They might just let microtransactions print money for an extra year or two this time around.

insomniak08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Warzone has been a huge success. Maybe they feel they don't need a new COD taking away from that. Plus it would probably not sell well if everyone is still playing Warzone.

Panfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think there have been rumors that there will be a Black Ops game this year with a Cold War theme, dunno if there is any truth to that though or if it was a fake rumor going around.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

As per Activision's recent financial call in May, the game is still coming.
    Activision/Blizzard's President and Chief Operating Officer said that the game “already looks great” and is “on track for release later this year.”

Footage of an alpha version of the game got leaked a while back and a popular Call of Duty YouTuber, XclusiveAce, was shown some alpha footage from an anonymous source as well that he described in a video that he then had to take down (likely due to copyright although he did not show any footage directly).
    The Cold War setting is pretty much an open secret at this point.

I can't wait to be done with Modern Warfare. At this point the bloom is seriously off the rose for me and its problems outweigh the positives at the point in its lifecycle.

cikame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still playing MW so for the first time i'm not really looking for a new one, the battle pass is keeping people playing longer including myself.
    I won't say the game doesn't have issues, i think all the maps are dire, but it might just be because the spawn system is the worst i have seen in any game ever, and the patches are ridiculous. The balance including free explosive kills is questionable, but there are plenty of other COD games with the same issues so i can't really blame MW for that.
    I think the hard thing about making COD games after MW is going to be getting guns right, i've always liked guns in COD and the shooting has stayed pretty similar since the very beginning until now, the guns in MW are the most satisfying i've ever used, they also hired one of the best weapon animators in the industry so the next game is bound to disappoint in that regard unless they're allowed to borrow him :P.
    I hope the next game is great too, i'd love to play it, but i don't know when i will as long as MW keeps adding content and battle passes.

Sahalarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

God I hope that whatever happens, warzone stays and they just build off of it like a fortnite situation, I love my skins and guns and would love to see that catalog expand as they add maps or modes over the next year's. Sharing battle pass progression between warzone and multiplayer is genius too, I may actually hit tier 100!

Brakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be pretty pissed if they retire Warzone and introduce a new BR with the new CoD like they did with Blackout. At least Blackout was only half-decent and I stopped playing fairly soon after its release, but I can see myself playing WZ for a long time. Well, if they let me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.