Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 25, 2014

Play as the vampire lord Dracula and wreak vengeance against your enemies in this continuation to the Lords of Shadow reboot of the Castlevania franchise.

Forest Boss Stealth Encounter Success Story (Spoilers)

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Silver-Streak

From what I understand, a lot of people are exceedingly frustrated with the Agreus stealth encounter in the forest.

I actually picked it up after about my 3rd try, and I don't think the game does enough to give you indication of what to do during that encounter. With that in mind, I thought I'd post the info for anyone stuck at that part, and hopefully to help out @vinny as he was awfully close to that encounter on UPF.

Things to keep in mind

• You really need to use your shadow daggers on the intro torches. The one right above the entrance gate is not useful. However, the one that the cut-scene zooms in on (to the far left of where you start), is pretty much necessary.
    • Using Mist form allows you to walk over the leaves without alerting the boss.
    • If you don't use up all of mist form's energy, you can pretty much keep at least enough charge to go over one section of leaves without running out
    • You can jump over the leaves directly to your right at the start, by jumping over it's corner, so you end up between the 2 sections.
    • If the boss sees you, and dashes at you, you can tap mist form right before he reaches you, and he'll go through you then get confused, rather than you dying.

With that in mind, what worked for me, is the following:

1. Shadow Dagger the far left torch to get his attention.
    2. Immediately jump over the corner of the leaves to the right to end up between the 2 stone sections.
    3. Immediately jump on the ledge of the stone section to the right. Shimmy all the way around, then jump to the right ledge.
    4. You can drop down without the leaves activating now. The boss should be just at the torch by now.
    5. Mist form all the way to the right outlet with a bunch of stone sections.
    6. Jump on the ledge right before the leaves so you can jump across them and keep going around until you're all the way at the end (This places you right above leaves)
    7. The boss will start making his way to this area. Make sure he starts going around the way you come in before dropping down.
    8. Drop down, go into mist form. Make it as far towards the exit gate as you can, then go around to activate it.
    9. Due to the cut-scene from activating it, the boss will be in your way before the gate in many cases. This is ok, as you can do the above mentioned mist form as he dashes towards you. This gives you enough time to make it through the exit gate.

Hopefully this helps those that are frustrated with this area. I really enjoy the game so far, but find the stealth sections kind of unnecessary. Also, for the actual boss fight after this, Mist form is your friend.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By Humanity

Here is a condensed guide:

Mist walk over all the leafs. Hit a bell when mist-walk is recharging.

It took me two tries to beat it. I had more trouble figuring out how to get past the 3 Hulk guards guarding the laser grid room before the second acolyte.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

I had trouble with this because I totally forgot I even had the mist power. The 3 guards & laser room were easy too but it did take a few tries on the guards because I was over-thinking it from the start.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: I think the main problem most people have run into (myself as well, originally) is that they don't realize that Mist lets them walk over the leaves, but yes, that's pretty accurate.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nmc2008: I kept thinking it had something to do with the floor grates and then with possession. They don't tell you one of those guys is incredibly near-sighted.

@eujin: I didn't wanna sound like a jerk or anything so sorry if it came off that way. I just thought that those are literally the two tenets of that strategy. I actually didn't even ring a single bell cause they wouldn't target for me or something, and kept booking forward - he noticed me twice but I was able to mistwalk and lose him.

Silver-Streak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: No worries, I got that you were joking around. No offense taken. I was elaborating on the potential issues with the encounter.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@humanity said:

It took me two tries to beat it. I had more trouble figuring out how to get past the 3 Hulk guards guarding the laser grid room before the second acolyte.

Yeah, pretty much the same here, though I think I only hit the first bell. He noticed me a couple of times, but Mist let me shoot right through him, negating the entire thing. The 3 guards thing took me a couple tries to figure out too, though, it started coming together pretty fast. I had thought of the solution as a theory earlier, but I didn't think it would work practically, due to recharge times and stuff. Turns out I had just enough time to pull it off, so when I finally decided just to say screw it and try it, it ended up working fine.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quarters said:

@humanity said:

Yeah, pretty much the same here, though I think I only hit the first bell. He noticed me a couple of times, but Mist let me shoot right through him, negating the entire thing. The 3 guards thing took me a couple tries to figure out too, though, it started coming together pretty fast. I had thought of the solution as a theory earlier, but I didn't think it would work practically, due to recharge times and stuff. Turns out I had just enough time to pull it off, so when I finally decided just to say screw it and try it, it ended up working fine.

Yah I also only just barely made it past the bars before mist ran out. I wonder if that is actually the solution and it has such a tight window or if it's meant to be solved in a completely different way.

Just for consistency: I sent bats on one of the patrolling guards and then ran right up where the stairs start and mistwalked up and through the final guard.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

The game puts too much emphasis on showing you the bells at the beginning. I beat it without hitting the bells once. It was far easier just dashing forward at the beginning and then as soon as he passes you dash and climb on a couple of things to the switch. as soon as you know the best path through the leaves misting and dashing is the easiest way to beat it.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@humanity said:

@quarters said:

@humanity said:

Yah I also only just barely made it past the bars before mist ran out. I wonder if that is actually the solution and it has such a tight window or if it's meant to be solved in a completely different way.

Just for consistency: I sent bats on one of the patrolling guards and then ran right up where the stairs start and mistwalked up and through the final guard.

Yep, totally what I did. Maybe that's the right answer? I think that's the right answer.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.