Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Oct 21, 2008

Dracula is still a threat, but the Belmonts are nowhere to be found. Several groups of people form to battle Dracula, the most successful of which is the Order of Ecclesia and its greatest champion, Shanoa.

Eder's game of the week: Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (NDS)

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

Edited By Eder
    Back to the SOTN art thank god

This week we'll take a look at the latest Castlevania game for the Nintendo DS. The game plays very similar to the other ones on the DS but it makes a number of changes that don't really change things that much but are pretty sweet. The other two games before this one had a very different art style that although it was at it's core, castlevania, it was way more anime themed and gone was the Symphony of the Night style that was more serious in tone. Something I really like about this game is the intro. The music is good as always but the way they kinda animate the art it just works well and is awesome. It's so good I keep watching it every time I load the game. It's crazy. So aside from all the art and look of the game, the game is like the other castleoids or whatever they call them. You have a stage select where you pick where you wanna go, from there you enter a stage that has a map that you explore like SOTN.
    The other big change is the way you fight, you collect glyphs in the game that are spells that let you attack enemies. These spells are basically weapons sometimes or just flat out spells that you throw like fireballs and light beams. The thing that kinda sucks or rocks about this is that every time you attack you use MP and you can run out of it.
    The main character in the game is a girl called Shinoa who can't remember what the heck happened to her. She's an adept in the order of Ecclesia and has the mission to collect the most power glyph of all, the Dominus glyph. Shes a little too emo for my taste but she looks very cool and moves very slick. The story so far is moving along just fine but it's ok.

Eder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 43

#1  Edited By Eder

This week we'll take a look at the latest Castlevania game for the Nintendo DS. The game plays very similar to the other ones on the DS but it makes a number of changes that don't really change things that much but are pretty sweet. The other two games before this one had a very different art style that although it was at it's core, castlevania, it was way more anime themed and gone was the Symphony of the Night style that was more serious in tone. Something I really like about this game is the intro. The music is good as always but the way they kinda animate the art it just works well and is awesome. It's so good I keep watching it every time I load the game. It's crazy. So aside from all the art and look of the game, the game is like the other castleoids or whatever they call them. You have a stage select where you pick where you wanna go, from there you enter a stage that has a map that you explore like SOTN.
    The other big change is the way you fight, you collect glyphs in the game that are spells that let you attack enemies. These spells are basically weapons sometimes or just flat out spells that you throw like fireballs and light beams. The thing that kinda sucks or rocks about this is that every time you attack you use MP and you can run out of it.
    The main character in the game is a girl called Shinoa who can't remember what the heck happened to her. She's an adept in the order of Ecclesia and has the mission to collect the most power glyph of all, the Dominus glyph. Shes a little too emo for my taste but she looks very cool and moves very slick. The story so far is moving along just fine but it's ok.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.