Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Castlevania: Rondo of Blood

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 29, 1993

Part of the "Dracula X" storyline, Rondo of Blood is a Japanese-exclusive entry in the Castlevania series of horror platformers that takes place a century after the original Castlevania.

So I went and downloaded this game as soon as watched Vinnyvania... will you?

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By The_Ruiner

I also found one of the branching paths on my first run of level 1. Totally different level. Totally different boss fight. I can't wait to explore and find more.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
    Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have this game on PC Engine CD and am so happy Vinny is playing it. It's a MARVELOUS game, and sooo underappreciated because it never came out in the US originally. To me it's this and Symphony as the two Castlevania standards.

One of the reasons I'm happy he's playing it is because it will get more people to see it, and hear that incredible soundtrack!

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you own a Vita or a PSP you should just buy The Dracula X Chronicles on PSN. It's like six bucks and it has the original Rondo of Blood and Symphony of Night available through easy-ish unlocks as well as the 2.5D remake of Rondo of Blood (which is also pretty good). It's the best Castlevania-game by a wide-ass margin so everyone does need to play it.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you own a Vita or a PSP you should just buy The Dracula X Chronicles on PSN. It's like six bucks and it has the original Rondo of Blood and Symphony of Night available through easy-ish unlocks as well as the 2.5D remake of Rondo of Blood (which is also pretty good). It's the best Castlevania-game by a wide-ass margin so everyone does need to play it.

No Vita or Vita equivalent, so Wii Virtual Console made the most sense for me. I still think SOTN is the best, followed by Dawn of Sorrow...but I like this game a whole lot. It totally lives up to visions that 13 year old me had of it when I used to see it in magazine import sections.

officer_falcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vierastalo said:

This. I got it for my PSP and it's easily one of the best ways to satisfy the need to play either style of Castlevania in a convenient package.

ichthy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That PSP remake was pretty solid. Would recommend to anyone with a Vita.

youeightit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing the virtual console version is actually pretty unpleasant because the a and b buttons are reversed and as far as i know you can't remap the buttons on the original wii. don't know about the psp one though. when i played it, i had to do it in such a way that i could remap the buttons and it made the game so much better.

Calmgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dracula X (with the Rondo and SOTN unlockables) was the best purchase I have made on my Vita. Actually was inspired to buy it while watching the very early Vinnyvanias. I've played through each multiple times now.

TanookiSuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Already owned Chronicles X on Vita/PSP - was one of the first titles I picked up when I got my Vita and I just love it to pieces. Played through both so many times; it's still the best version of Symphony of the Night available in the US, and I own the dang non-greatest hits original PSX release lol

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.