Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Catherine

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 17, 2011

The first game developed by Atlus for the PS3/Xbox 360. Made by the Persona Team, The game is an "adult oriented" action-adventure/horror game with puzzle platforming stages.

Catherine-related podcast

Cerogravian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cerogravian

So, the official Catherine-twitter just announced that there will be a series of podcasts concerning Catherine, at a quick glance it looks like discussions and interviews, that will go on during the coming four months, they don't say how often they will put out new episodes though. First one is available here, if you can understand it... 
    I would like to try and translate it, though I'm pretty stressed out with everything and have very little free time, so I'm not sure when I will be able to, but there are other capable listeners here I'm sure.

In the meantime, listen to the charming voices!

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mutha3

wuuuuuuutttttt

Obsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Obsidian

The only individual game podcasts I have ever listened to are the MGS4 ones.  Hopefully tCatherine's are as well done as those were.  I don't understand Japanese very well though; so it doesn't really affect me.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Daveyo520

Pepsiman powers activate!

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I think it's great when developers go this far out of their way to cater to the fans of their game, it reminds me of the Criterion and Bungie podcasts.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#6  Edited By donutfever

I hope there's a translation of that podcast. There won't be, will there?

tansuikabutsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By tansuikabutsu

If nothing else, there's a short discussion at the end of the podcast about Vincent's appearance in P3P. Hashino says it's a "Vincent lookalike" and not Vincent himself, that there's no connection between the settings of Catherine and Persona, and that they put him in there as a cameo because it's the same development team. He asked Soejima to draw a "fake Vincent", and Soejima (who is also on the podcast) comments that he "added a mole". 

(At that point I paused the podcast and googled for a screenshot)

ChrisTaran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By ChrisTaran
    @tansuikabutsu said:
    " If nothing else, there's a short discussion at the end of the podcast about Vincent's appearance in P3P. Hashino says it's a "Vincent lookalike" and not Vincent himself, that there's no connection between the settings of Catherine and Persona, and that they put him in there as a cameo because it's the same development team. He asked Soejima to draw a "fake Vincent", and Soejima (who is also on the podcast) comments that he "added a mole".   (At that point I paused the podcast and googled for a screenshot) "
    Thank god that's finally cleared up. This is what I knew all along but some people refused to believe it! :)
    mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mutha3
    @tansuikabutsu: Hahaa, wow. seriously?

Its true that the guy in P3P doesn't really look anything like Vincent when you look at their faces. He looks like a dojima look-a-like, but that's probably because they got lazy and used his portrait as a base.
    FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ

A "fake" Vincent? I knew there would be practically no connections between P3P and Catherine, but drawing a fake Vincent is kind of weird. I had wondered why he had a mole in there and didn't in Catherine, so I guess I'm glad that's answered.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mutha3
    @FluxWaveZ said:
    " A "fake" Vincent? I knew there would be practically no connections between P3P and Catherine, but drawing a fake Vincent is kind of weird. I had wondered why he had a mole in there and didn't in Catherine, so I guess I'm glad that's answered. "
    The face proportions are all messed up too. I thought it was because they lazily used Dojima's portrait as a base, but apparently its intentional!......Even if they did lazily use Dojima as a base.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.