Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

CheetahMen II

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released 2012

CheetahMen II is an unreleased sequel to a minigame originally on Action 52 for the Nintendo Entertainment System and Sega Genesis. It is infamous for its mediocre gameplay and highly buggy programming state.

In what video did Giant Bomb play this game, or maybe just play Action 52 (which contained CheetahMen 1)?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Even more specifically, somehow I think that Giant Bomb video led me to the following Justice-esque remix of the CheetahMen II theme song, a remix which to this day I still think is amazing (though I forgot to bookmark it and had to find it again just now, and boy, it is hard to find on Youtube when all you remember is the video title is all Japanese so you have to just do broad "CheetahMen II theme song" searches until it comes up in the related videos list):

I feel like Jeff somehow had this music play at some point in the background (which seems uncharacteristic), and then someone in the comments later tracked down and posted the actual remix? Or maybe this remix was never in the Giant Bomb video at any point, and the remix was just something that came up in the comments? It's entirely possible that it wasn't even an NES stream or a stream that had anything to do with the CheetahMen games (which I know basically nothing about), and maybe this was just some random music Jeff played on a video at some point.

Whatever the reason, I'm positive I came across this video through Giant Bomb, and now I'm curious about the actual source.

hach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@bisonhero: UPF 9-20-13

There you go!

just googled cheetahmen site:giantbomb.com and that song was linked in this UPF comments so I assume this is it

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hach: Nice! I'd figured the Cheetahmen aspect was so abstracted from the video that there wouldn't even be any connection, but that's what I get for assuming things!

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

2013 UPFs really were magical.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To anyone curious, it turns out the reason the Cheetahmen music came up is that on that UPF, they played Cat Mario 3 (Syobon Action 3), which shamelessly lifts music from Cheetahmen, Spelunker, Kirby, etc.

Somehow back on the computer, Vinny puts on the music track used in the game (but the remix), and I honestly have no idea how one of the first things he would've stumbled on is some obscure-ass remix uploaded by a Japanese guy.

Also, the last 6 minutes or so of that UPF is really magical.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.