Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Child of Eden

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Jun 14, 2011

Q Entertainment's music shooter for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It features support for the Kinect and Move controllers, and is considered a spiritual successor to the cult classic, Rez.

Child of Eden and Genki Rockets - The HIstory and Meaning

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By KaosAngel

Sup fools,

I noticed a lot of users here playing Child of Eden have no idea who the band is that plays during the entirety of the game, and it's only fair that people get briefed on them and their very unique history. All of this is proven as fact and should be taken as fact so heads up.

On September 11, 2037, a girl named Lumi is born in space. When she turns 18, she forms the band Genki Rockets and releases her first single called Heavenly Star. Some of you might know this song from No More Heroes and that is correct. The game No More Heroes takes place during the time when the song is released, or when Lumi is 18. Later on that year, Lumi and the Genki Rockets release their first album. "Heavenly Star", and it becomes a huge hit in the year 2055. It becomes so big that the people decide that the past needs to listen to this for inspiration. So, Lumi and the Genki Rockets send it back in time to 2008 for the masses to be happy and to realize to FEEL THE WIND!

Now, there are rumors going around that the people Q, Tetsuya Mizuguchi, (and maybe Suda 51) have been working on Lumi and the Genki Rockets well before 2005 and have finally released the album in 2008. Why is this important?

The Genki Rockets signify something very important in vocal audio...EVERYTHING is computer generated with the Genki Rockets. From Lumi's voice to her looks, it's all done by computers. No real actors or actresses or singers were used for the Genki Rockets. Lumi's entire soul is created from a computer...or so the rumors say.

The Genki Rockets has been a very top secret project from Tetsuya Mizuguchi, it's their dream to create a band that inspires the world to just sing and be happy. The first album was released in 2008 and the new album has been hyped to no end in Japan for the past 2 years...it still isn't out.

So what's this got to do with Child of Eden? The game's title is a reference to Lumi, the lead singer to Genki Rockets. How it plays into the future album...no one knows.

That's the link of Genki Rockets and this game. You can believe it for what it is, a time traveling band that wants to make the world happy...or it's the dream project of Tetsuya Mizuguchi.

EDIT: Proof that Lumi is from the future, skip to 3 minutes in and you will see Lumi coming from the future to talk to the people of 2007 with a special message.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Bocam

No one who isn't into this type of music (hence already knows about them) cares

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By KaosAngel

@Bocam said:

No one who isn't into this type of music (hence already knows about them) cares

I dunno man, Lumi said her album sold in the billions in 2055. Clearly if the future loves her music, the past will too. It's the space-electronic-trance-moon-guitar-blues-progressive genre.

Think about it, this music is the most popular music of 2055 and they send it back in time for us to be inspired too.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By WickedCestus

That's actually pretty interesting. Completely crazy, but interesting.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Bocam

@KaosAngel: You just blew my mind

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By buzz_clik
    No Caption Provided
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KaosAngel

@buzz_clik: Yo man, this isn't even a joke. It's the honest history of the band.

You can either believe they send it to us from the future or Tetsuya Mizuguchi made it all up...are you calling Tetsuya Mizuguchi a liar?

Lumi Hugging the Earth, Only Possible In 2055
    Lumi Hugging the Earth, Only Possible In 2055
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KaosAngel

@rebgav: You joke but there is proof that Lumi is from the future. In 2008 she did a live concert when she came back from her time machine for a night. Al Gore even met her. Just skip to 3 minutes in, you can see her just coming back from time as the aura is around her.

neozeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By neozeke

I'm pretty sure that there's a real singer and I'm also pretty sure that Lumi is modeled after her.  

It's a crazy story, but not the weirdest in music.  

EDIT: Yeah here,  

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/2567/booklet13gv0.jpg 

It credits two people for the vocals. And I know they've both played Lumi at some point in time. 

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By buzz_clik

@KaosAngel said:

...are you calling Tetsuya Mizuguchi a liar?

No, Janelle Monáe is.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KaosAngel

@neozeke said:

I'm pretty sure that there's a real singer and I'm also pretty sure that Lumi is modeled after her. It's a crazy story, but not the weirdest in music.

Of course she's real! She's from the future, and she was born on September 1, 2037. The people who you think are modeled after her are her ancestors

neozeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By neozeke
    @KaosAngel said:

@neozeke said:

I'm pretty sure that there's a real singer and I'm also pretty sure that Lumi is modeled after her. It's a crazy story, but not the weirdest in music.

Of course she's real! She's from the future, and she was born on September 1, 2037. The people who you think are modeled after her are her ancestors

Ah of course forgive my misstep. Genki Rockets really are The Beatles of the future! 

I can't say that seriously.............
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KaosAngel

@neozeke: You can doubt, but billions in 2055 have seen the truth. Explain how Heavenly Star is in No More Heroes when that story takes place in 2055 too? It shows proof that Lumi exists and that she did go back in time to spread her music around.

You jest, yet you fail to realize Lumi inspired Tetsuya Mizuguchi to write the music in his own style in 2008.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#14  Edited By jeff

You might want to run a fact check on all that. Pretty sure Suda's not seriously involved with GR beyond the single's appearance in NMH.

The rest, obviously, totally checks out.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KaosAngel

@Jeff: I heard Suda had some involvement at the start and that's why he got the premier to showcase the song. I shall double check though.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bocam

@KaosAngel said:

Explain how Heavenly Star is in No More Heroes when that story takes place in 2055 too?

What wut?

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#17  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

I feel like someone just ripped out my brain, beat it with a 2X4, used it for Yankees' batting practices, took it for a lovely drive off a steep cliff, strapped it to a mortar round, detonated it, fed it to hungry piranha, tossed it into a blender, and then pumped it back into my skull. Yeah, that's about it.

neozeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By neozeke
    @KaosAngel: Oh I don't doubt that. I'm finding it hard to say that they are The Beatles of the future. I mean all signs point towards that, but is it possible that a group can finally dethrone the kings!?
    umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By umdesch4

Just for interest's sake, check out this awkwardly-named youtube video “Hatsune Miku is a rising star in Japan, she’s also a virtual avatar created by Crypton Media using Yamaha’s Vocaloid voice synthesizer and appearing on stage via a 3D hologram ”

That's what you get with today's synthetic voice and "hologram" (probably just musion eyeliner, which is pretty awesome, I must admit) technology to create an artificial person. I personally think I've gotten more convincing results with Vocaloid myself, but even so, nowhere as expressive as Lumi in a song like "Fly!" for example.

neozeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By neozeke
    @umdesch4:   The hologram stuff looks really similar to the Gorilliaz stuff they were using a few years ago. Cool stuff, I believe it was a series of cameras projected onto a mirror on stage or something similar. Cool stuff. 

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KaosAngel

@neozeke: No fucking way that's hologram...you can't even see the lines. O_o

Just picture what it'll be like 10 years from now. It'd be better than Star Wars quality.

neozeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By neozeke
    @KaosAngel: I can't wait, hard to believe that that was done in 2006. They also preformed with digital Madonna a few times.  It's a bit more telling in this video, but still looks damn good. I do feel like the art style they were using at the time looks really strange as a 3d figures. 2D looks fucking weird.

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By umdesch4

Allow me to transcribe directly from the Child of Eden liner notes, since this doesn't seem to be on the 'net anywhere yet:

September 11th, 2019

The first human born in outer space takes her first breath on the International Space Station. Her name is Lumi.

As Lumi grows older, she dreams of touching the beauty of Earth. She expresses her feelings through song, and sends her messages to the people of Earth. After her death, her body is preserved and all of her memories are recorded and archived as data.

The latter half of the 21st century ushers in a new era in Space exploration. Humankind marches ahead into the farthest reaches of space. The collective knowledge of human history is stored as archives, connected and accessible from anywhere in space. People now refer to the Internet as Eden.

Everything, from evolution and natural history to the entire span of human history, is stored in Eden's data archives. To those who have never known what it's like to set foot on Earth, Eden is the fountain from which all knowledge flows.

Time marches on.

In the 23rd century, using Lumi's preserved data archives, scientists attempt to recreate her persona within the confines of Eden. This experiment is called "Project Lumi."

And now, after what seems like an eternity since her passing, Lumi emerges from her slumber within Eden.

Save Eden. Save Lumi.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By KaosAngel

@umdesch4: Tetsuya must've been high as fuck when he dreamt up the story for Genki Rockets. So I guess it's officially the prelude to the next album then...as it continues the story of Lumi?

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By umdesch4

@neozeke: Yes, you are mostly correct about the cameras and mirrors. As I said, it's probably musion eyeliner, which is this:

Best use of it I think I've ever seen is this:

http://vimeo.com/9543537

umdesch4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By umdesch4

@KaosAngel said:

@umdesch4: Tetsuya must've been high as fuck when he dreamt up the story for Genki Rockets. So I guess it's officially the prelude to the next album then...as it continues the story of Lumi?

I'm with you in hoping so!

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By kerse

@umdesch4 said:

Just for interest's sake, check out this awkwardly-named youtube video “Hatsune Miku is a rising star in Japan, she’s also a virtual avatar created by Crypton Media using Yamaha’s Vocaloid voice synthesizer and appearing on stage via a 3D hologram ”

That's what you get with today's synthetic voice and "hologram" (probably just musion eyeliner, which is pretty awesome, I must admit) technology to create an artificial person. I personally think I've gotten more convincing results with Vocaloid myself, but even so, nowhere as expressive as Lumi in a song like "Fly!" for example.

I don't know why but that kinda freaks me out.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KaosAngel

@kerse: Never seen real life space loli before? Come on, just think of all the good use that technology can be used for.

Quesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 13

#29  Edited By Quesa

I'd like to see some proof of No More Heroes taking place in 2037.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.