Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 16, 2012

Set in a medieval-fantasy world engulfed in civil war, Chivalry is a multiplayer-focused class-based action game putting players in the role of valorous knights.

GB Chivalry Server PW?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

Playing this free weekend of chivalry and just saw the GB server. Anyone have the password?

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

So no one knows? I know I saw in the player list.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By AlexW00d
    Darksaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Darksaw

The server went up tonight so we had somewhere to play during the PC Gaming Hub gamenight. The server will be up for at least a month, maybe more if it's popular.

The password should now be removed, the map rotation is TO and LTS. Go murder eachother duders!

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Funkydupe

@Darksaw: I hate FFA so thanks for not including that rubbish mode. Some servers have that running for 10 minutes and that's just 8 minutes too much for me. What a stupid mode that is. Fun for exactly 2 minutes max and then you don't ever want to play it again.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@Funkydupe said:

@Darksaw: I hate FFA so thanks for not including that rubbish mode. Some servers have that running for 10 minutes and that's just 8 minutes too much for me. What a stupid mode that is. Fun for exactly 2 minutes max and then you don't ever want to play it again.

As of today's patch I've set it to a mixture of team objective, last team standing, and capture the flag. Nine map rotation.

Moztacular

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Moztacular
    @Rolyatkcinmai: I'm sorry for the ignorance but what is the password for the server? Is it kept under wraps or can it be shared? Thanks
    Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@Moztacular said:

@Rolyatkcinmai: I'm sorry for the ignorance but what is the password for the server? Is it kept under wraps or can it be shared? Thanks

There isn't one most of the time. There was tonight because Drew was using it for TNT.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By BisonHero

@Funkydupe said:

Agreed. Quite frankly, I think the game only really shines whilst playing Team Objective. Last Team Standing is tolerable, but I think the game just works so much better when one team is trying to slowly advance while the other is trying to halt their progress. It works wonders for TF2, and it's also the best mode in Chivalry.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@BisonHero said:

@Funkydupe said:

Agreed. Quite frankly, I think the game only really shines whilst playing Team Objective. Last Team Standing is tolerable, but I think the game just works so much better when one team is trying to slowly advance while the other is trying to halt their progress. It works wonders for TF2, and it's also the best mode in Chivalry.

I tend to agree, but LTS works fine on Arena and Moor. The matches are quick and brutal, and generally the map only lasts ~10 mins tops. Ruins was the only map I was kind of split on. It has no TO option, so LTS was the only non-deathmatch mode I could put it on. It's a great map, but on LTS the sheer size means a potentially 13 round match can last 45 mins. Luckily, as of Thursday's patch that's one of the CTF maps. I've switched Ruins to CTF and it works much better now. We currently have 5 TO, 3 LTS, and 2 CTF maps. I think that's a pretty solid lineup and allows us to utilize all ten non-duel maps.

We will be running duel mode off and on as well. Probably on a certain weeknight each week or something. To be determined.

Here's the current rotation on the server, for anyone interested;

1. TO-Citadel
    2. LTS-ArgonsWall
    3. TO-Darkforest
    4. CTF-Ruins
    5. TO-Battlegrounds
    6. LTS-Arena
    7. TO-Hillside
    8. LTS-Moor
    9. CTF-Frigid
    10. TO-Stoneshill
    Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mister_V

sorry if this has already been mentioned but what's the name of the server. I was trying to find it yesterday but couldn't see it in the server browser.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@Mister_V said:

sorry if this has already been mentioned but what's the name of the server. I was trying to find it yesterday but couldn't see it in the server browser.

"Giant Bomb Press C To Aaaarrrrgggghh!!!"

The game has weird problems where even if you select no regions, it will sometimes filter out servers not in your region. We have several Brits with this problem currently.

All is not lost however! You can simply place this in your console (~) to directly connect; "open 198.23.141.202:7779" (no quotes) The console saves between sessions so you can just open the console again and hit up next time you play to reconnect. Hopefully this bug is fixed soon, but for now this works. You could probably even bind a key to join the server, but I haven't tested that. "setbind o open 198.23.141.202:7779" would hypothetically bind O to join the server.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mister_V

@Rolyatkcinmai: Thanks for the info. Ill see if i can get in later.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.