Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Costume Quest

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Oct 20, 2010

A downloadable turn-based RPG by Double Fine. Play as a child on Halloween night in search of your twin sibling.

Is Costume Quest broken for anyone else?

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RazielCuts

Is anyone finding Costume Quest broken for them? 

I'm at the beginning and I need to get something to put in the Pie for the headteacher, what you need is in the 'Party' that you can't get into without something patriotic which is the Statue of Liberty costume. I'm one piece short (a sheet of some sort) and I've circled the entire neighbourhood like a bajillion times. Its too small a place to miss anything.     There is a guy in a ghost costume, I wonder if you have to do anything to him?

There is that sewer pipe by one of the lincolns but you can't go in because your costume will get wet. 

Anyway, HELP! 

tylenoljones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By tylenoljones
    @RazielCuts:  Switch to the knight costume, and press the o button to use your shield. That should let you pass under the water by the sewage pipe. 
    MildMolasses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By MildMolasses

I ran into a similar problem. Maybe I missed it because the text is so tiny, but it seems like they didn't really explain that the other costumes had useful abilities. I never clued in that the heelies were specific to the robot and not just the shoes that the kids are wearing.  If they had mentioned the shield umbrella, it would have saved me a lot of wandering around. 

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RazielCuts

Hey thanks guys! I was seriously thinking I shouldn't of opened all the coffins before I got the quest (cas that's where you usually got all your costume materials up until then) 

I was switching to the knight but thought the shield defend looked too big for the hole. I was trying to take the costume off and what not, ha.  

Just did it, thanks again! 

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Later in the game, they seem to make the costume abilities more clear.  I didn't have any problem figuring out to use the shield for the sewers, but in comparasion to later on, it does seem a bit vague.
    JMartNWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By JMartNWA

There is a moment or two where you need most of the costumes, not all... but a few spots where although the clues are obvious, only one costume will get you past the specific obstacle. 

hpv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By hpv

At least you can play it! I had the demo start up to just a black screen on the demo on both 360 and PS3 and after purchasing it on PS3 have only managed to get it to start once despite re-downloading it 3 times. I've even tried it on two other PS3s to the same result, though no one else on the Internet seems to be having this problem.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By 234r2we232

It's quite sad how "broken" apparently means "This super easy game is too challenging for me. It's certainly not my fault". Nice.

BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By BBQBram
    @sofacitysweetheart said:
    " It's quite sad how "broken" apparently means "This super easy game is too challenging for me. It's certainly not my fault". Nice. "
    ZING

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.