Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crackdown 2

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Jul 06, 2010

Crackdown 2 is the sequel to the popular open-world supercop game. Players return to Pacific City, where rampaging mutants and resistance groups vie for control of the streets. The sequel adds four-player co-op along with competitive multiplayer.

Nice surprise in the demo

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By empfeix

So while Crackdown 2 is very much the same style of game that everyone either loved or hated.  I just have to mention how great I thought the music was in the demo. 

I wont lie that I think Perfect Dark for the N64 had some of the best music ever in a game.  The menu music in Crackdown 2 could easily have been placed inside the classic Perfect Dark game and fit right in, it never gets old. 

Anyway after blowing some stuff up and calling in some choppers - I jump around until finding a vehicle to drive.  I am instantly greeted to a Creedence Clearwater Revival: Bad Moon Rising remix.  Its great and I stay in the truck to listen to some more songs.  My time limit expires with me sitting in car, I guess I wasn't that concerned about saving mankind.  

I can see the fun I'll have carrying my car sized jukebox around with me once I'm strong enough to pick them up, causing chaos at the same time.

I found this good article about the man behind the music, its an good read -  http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/14/interview-audio-director-kristofor-mellroth-on-the-sounds-of-cr/

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By empfeix

So while Crackdown 2 is very much the same style of game that everyone either loved or hated.  I just have to mention how great I thought the music was in the demo. 

I wont lie that I think Perfect Dark for the N64 had some of the best music ever in a game.  The menu music in Crackdown 2 could easily have been placed inside the classic Perfect Dark game and fit right in, it never gets old. 

Anyway after blowing some stuff up and calling in some choppers - I jump around until finding a vehicle to drive.  I am instantly greeted to a Creedence Clearwater Revival: Bad Moon Rising remix.  Its great and I stay in the truck to listen to some more songs.  My time limit expires with me sitting in car, I guess I wasn't that concerned about saving mankind.  

I can see the fun I'll have carrying my car sized jukebox around with me once I'm strong enough to pick them up, causing chaos at the same time.

I found this good article about the man behind the music, its an good read -  http://www.joystiq.com/2010/05/14/interview-audio-director-kristofor-mellroth-on-the-sounds-of-cr/

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

Damn, I really can't wait to play this demo later on tonight. Crackdown is one of my favorite games in the last little while and I've been hearing a lot of good things about Crackdown 2 for people who liked the first. Bad Moon Rising remix sounds cool too!

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#3  Edited By ShadowVirus

Yeah when I played the demo, I loved the music that played in the cars, I was upset when the car set on fire though :[ 
    Thanks for that article will definitely read that.

lawlerballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By lawlerballer

i tried but got denied 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.