Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 2

Game » consists of 37 releases. Released Mar 22, 2011

Set three years after the original Crysis, an ambushed Marine named Alcatraz dons the famous Nanosuit and fights his way through an obliterated New York City to stop the alien invasion.

Crysis 2 - First Gameplay Screens

• 54 results
    SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By SeriouslyNow
    @bitcloud said:
    " @SeriouslyNow: Unreal 1 had volumetric fog and so did Quake 3 arena. The feature has been around for a long time, just looks much better and recognizable now(same goes with everything else. "
    It did not.  They both had variant of vertex and pixel based fogtabling.  Volumetric Lighting didn't even come into play until Pixel Shader 2.0 and Fragment Shaders for OpenGL 2.0

I wish people would actually understand what terms mean.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#53  Edited By Marz

something for my gtx 480 to look foward too.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By HitmanAgent47
    @bitcloud: Fine, i'll post crysis 2 screenshots then if that's what you want. Here they are, you said how do I know what crysis 2 looks like, it's not even out yet, I can't judge the game. If you want to know what I really see, then what I see is reflected with these screenshots. Maybe they are impressive to you, however if crysis ever looked this bad, pc gamers will be embarassed. Low rez textures, lack of soft shadows, lousy geometry, lack of realism, corridor shooter. I took more than 600 crysis screenshots, I know what the game looks like, I finished it over 30X on very high settings, I am more qualified than anyone to speak on the topic, your not. I don't know imagine a almost realistic game, then look at these screenshots, it's not even half as good. 

Cryengine 3

Okay maybe it's not an easy concept to explain what i'm seeing, okay you know crysis is an only pc game, they didn't have to make other versions for consoles. So they didn't have to worry about limitations, so they just made the most realistic game they can and didn't care if pc's at the game could run it or not. Okay let's talk cryengine 3, this engine can be runned on all three platforms, consoles and pc. Now that you factor in the consoles to the equation, the levels are smaller and the textures are less, to make it work on all three, which is different than before. That's the downgrade i'm trying to explain with crysis 2 and the cryengine 3. You can't see it, however I totally can because it's changed to accomadate consoles and their limitations. They didn't move to a city because it's cool, rather it's alot easier to render on consoles. Crysis has really big levels, it's no corridor shooter at all, now it is. If that doesn't make sense, I don't know what to tell you because that's exactly how I see it and why I made that comment. It's not out of elitism, rather i'm being a realist. We all sort of know that's at the back of our minds, if we were objective. I'm being honest, since it's made with three platform, I don't see how the pc version is going to get better, it's already working from limitiations. 

If it was on a pc, it would have higher resolution, which means more pixels and more AA which means less jaggies and more aniostropic filtering meaning we can see futher. However the textures and design will still be similar and it's already downgraded from realism to semi realistic bright color low polygons lousy character models. It's no crysis because it's not near photorealistic, that's not good enough for a crysis game imo.
    Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By Johnny5

Giantbomb...i am  disappoint.

ATrevelan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#57  Edited By ATrevelan

I feel like I'm watching Rain Man right now.

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#58  Edited By Cwaff

Considering getting this for the 360, doubt my pc could run it.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#59  Edited By c1337us

Looks slick but I think I am going to slum it on consoles this time around.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#60  Edited By Bollard
    @Marz: Something for my GTX 580 to look forward to :P 

Also, OT, those Crysis one pics that were posted and were apparently "Very High" settings and "look photorealistic" looked terrible! Jaggy and washed out ew. I'm not saying Crysis one is a bad looking game at all - but those screenies were the worst I've ever seen of it.
    MisterMouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By MisterMouse

I agree with everyone above in that the mech designs look very derivative of a lot of other alien mach designs out there.

withateethuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#62  Edited By withateethuh
    @pyromaster222:  Well thats better than just being based off one design in the first game - those things from the matrix.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.