Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis 3

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Feb 19, 2013

A mysteriously resurrected Prophet fights his way through the now literal jungles of the fallen New York City, continuing the fight against the malevolent Ceph alien invaders.

Beta's out now. Go play it!

• 90 results
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I don't know what else to say, but I just wanted to mention it. It just went up now. Everyone should go play it and come back and report what they thought of it. I'm downloading it on Xbox Live now, and if it's not up for everyone, I'm sure by the time most of you can even post here (since I imagine many are sleeping, or out somewhere else rather than here), the beta will be up by then. When you get the chance, if you're interested, try it out and come back to talk about it.

My excitement over Crysis 3 right now is still somewhat conflicted, so I can't say with extreme enthusiasm what I think about the game in general so far, but in short time from now I'll be able to say what I thought of the beta; hopefully we can hear what you think as well. I'm trying to be optimistic, and so far from what the game has shown, there hasn't been really any reason for me to be pessimistic in any meaningful way.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By OfficeGamer

Thanks but no thanks

I've only played the first Crysis on the Xbox when they ported it, but that was enough to know that Crysis was a singleplayer game with a purpose and a specific design. It was never meant to be an online arena shooter, and now that it is, what makes it different from Warfighter or any other COD knock off that you didn't create a Beta thread for in the past?

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Nilazz

I just played a couple of matches and the frame rate on the xbox 360 version is really really rough, when you get close to someone and try to shoot them it's horrible.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
    Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Imsorrymsjackson

No thanks, fucking FPS games can fuck off for a couple of years.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Seppli

Is it on Origin? Open Beta?

arimajinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By arimajinn

NO! You Can't Make Me! :P

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By lego_my_eggo

@Seppli: He mentioned Xbox Live, and PS.Blog mentioned it so i assume it will be up there when they update the store as well.

seannao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By seannao

@Seppli:

Everything published on EA is gonna be on Origin now, I 'd guess... :( Sad.Face.

Also yes, it's on Origin. I'm downloading it at this moment.

The pre-order stuff is a lot of cosmetic things and multiplayer head-starts.

I imagine Battlefield 4 will have head-start packs, too, when the time comes.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#9  Edited By alistercat

I like Crysis, I don't play a lot of shooters online, and Origin is fine. Not many people like me, it seems.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By NTM

Oh fuck, I hope it's just because it's a beta, but goodness, the visuals of it are just plain mediocre. Other than that, it's Crysis 2 again with a few tweaks.

@Nilazz: Frame-rate wasn't bad for me at all, but the visuals were really effing underwhelming. I'm hoping (as I said above) that it's because of it being a beta. I was so distracted by it I couldn't even finish my first match before quitting. Bleh. Oh, and maybe it was me, but it felt like I kept dying, even if I pumped a lot of bullets into others, it didn't matter, I'd still lose.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By NTM

@OfficeGamer: I never created any beta threads in the past... Unless I'm forgetting something, or you're generalizing. Plus, just spending a few minutes in it, I can already tell you that it's not good.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Funkydupe

I've never liked Crysis.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OfficeGamer

@NTM said:

@OfficeGamer: I never created any beta threads in the past...

That's my point, why create one for Crytek's latest online arena FPS and not the 10 others that come out every year? What makes it special, or worth it? The thing that, from what I've seen Crysis fans say, stands out about Crysis is it's open world non-linear singleplayer, and since after beating and enjoying Crysis 2 on Xbox, I can see that Crytek dumped the one thing that made it special, and therefore turning their game into a Modern Warfare style game with nanosuits, why create this thread?

I'm not hating I'm curious :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@Nilazz: I stopped playing Crysis 2 because the frame rate was so bad, it's a shame they didn't fix it.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By Meowshi

@OfficeGamer said:

@NTM said:

That's my point, why create one for Crytek's latest online arena FPS and not the 10 others that come out every year? What makes it special, or worth it? The thing that, from what I've seen Crysis fans say, stands out about Crysis is it's open world non-linear singleplayer, and since after beating and enjoying Crysis 2 on Xbox, I can see that Crytek dumped the one thing that made it special, and therefore turning their game into a Modern Warfare style game with nanosuits, why create this thread?

If you haven't actually played multiplayer Crysis, then why would he waste his time refuting your opinion? It's an opinion based on nothing.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By NTM

@OfficeGamer: I created it because I'm interested in Crysis, and Crysis 3 is one of my most anticipated games of this year, though I still feel like I don't know much about it, and the optimism is cautious. I wasn't that excited for those other games. I should also mention, when it comes to any game that I can get my hands on before release and it has to do with multiplayer, I'll do it, because I'm interested in the game, I don't necessarily care about the multiplayer, most of the time I never even play the MP's in games. The way I see it is, "Oh, I can play this game now, let me try it." If it was a single player demo, I'd definitely try it and be a little more excited for it.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By OfficeGamer

@Meowshi said:

@OfficeGamer said:

@NTM said:

If you haven't actually played multiplayer Crysis, then why would he waste his time refuting your opinion? It's an opinion based on nothing.

Actually my opinion is based on about 6 hours of Crysis 2 multiplayer, and I'm not asking him to refute it, I'm asking him to tell me what makes it special.

@NTM said:

@OfficeGamer: I created it because I'm interested in Crysis, and Crysis 3 is one of my most anticipated games of this year, though I still feel like I don't know much about it, and the optimism is cautious. I wasn't that excited for those other games. I should also mention, when it comes to any game that I can get my hands on before release and it has to do with multiplayer, I'll do it, because I'm interested in the game, I don't necessarily care about the multiplayer, most of the time I never even play the MP's in games. The way I see it is, "Oh, I can play this game now, let me try it."

I'm finding a difficulty understanding what "interested in Crysis" means when like I said evidently C2 and 3 focus on the things Crysis didn't focus on, but hey duder I respect your opinion and I hope C3 doesn't disappoint your anticipation!

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NTM

@OfficeGamer: Dude, while I do like a lot of what others liked about Crysis, I'm not just everyone; it's not like we all thought the same when we played those games. Plus, I spent way more time than I needed to in Crysis 2 to enjoy it, more and more. I have over 100 hours in the campaign, and around the 100 mark, I actually started to enjoy it for the qualities it has. Crysis 2 still has some major problems, but it's still merely great. Yes, that's a long time, but still.

When I first played Crysis 2, I was really disappointed, but for me, as I'm sure for many others, it wasn't just because of the few things you've stated, there's a lot more to the game than that, that made me dislike it. I think we're getting off topic here. The point is, I made this topic because I'm still interested in Crysis, I love Crysis, and over a good amount of time playing Crysis 2, I like that quite a bit as well. I should also say, Crysis to me, as a series is still special. That's just personal opinion.

That's the reason I made this, because I think Crysis is special in my personal opinion, not because this individual beta is special on its own.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#19  Edited By Justin258

@OfficeGamer said:

Thanks but no thanks

I've only played the first Crysis on the Xbox when they ported it, but that was enough to know that Crysis was a singleplayer game with a purpose and a specific design. It was never meant to be an online arena shooter, and now that it is, what makes it different from Warfighter or any other COD knock off that you didn't create a Beta thread for in the past?

Crysis 2's campaign was really, really good so I'm not really concerned about this game, and the multiplayer was pretty fun as well. It was a really good package that took inspiration from CoD, but didn't really feel like a bad knockoff to me. In fact, it felt pretty damn good, especially with the way people played with the powers, the ability to jump really high and climb around the map, etc., it wasn't terribly unique but it was far from just being a simple knockoff.

Meanwhile, thanks for the heads-up @NTM.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NTM

@believer258: Sure. I hope you have a better time with it than me. I didn't even want to finish the first match I was in.

seannao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By seannao

LEVEL 1 FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The multiplayer is pretty pick-up-and-play. Not that much different from Crysis 2 so far except for some new, more intuitive suit perks and that they've separated the meters for Armor and Stealth instead of having them share the same meter.

Very fast paced and about the same "time to kill" as Cry2 MP. A lot more gimmick guns strewn about the levels you can pick up, even a GIANT STEEL PIPE. So that's actually a very good improvement! Always felt that the Cry2 MP was kinda stale from the lack of gun selection and having alien power weapons helps mix it up.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Justin258

@NTM said:

@believer258: Sure. I hope you have a better time with it than me. I didn't even want to finish the first match I was in.

Whoa, wait, really? I haven't read the rest of your thread, so if you've already answered this question don't worry, but: What was wrong with it?

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By OfficeGamer

@NTM said:

@OfficeGamer: Dude, while I do like a lot of what others liked about Crysis, I'm not just everyone; it's not like we all thought the same when we played those games. Plus, I spent way more time than I needed to in Crysis 2 to enjoy it, more and more. I have over 100 hours in the campaign, and around the 100 mark, I actually started to enjoy it for the qualities it has. Crysis 2 still has some major problems, but it's still merely great. Yes, that's a long time, but still.

When I first played Crysis 2, I was really disappointed, but for me, as I'm sure for many others, it wasn't just because of the few things you've stated, there's a lot more to the game than that, that made me dislike it. I think we're getting off topic here. The point is, I made this topic because I'm still interested in Crysis, I love Crysis, and over a good amount of time playing Crysis 2, I like that quite a bit as well. I should also say, Crysis to me, as a series is still special. That's just personal opinion.

That's the reason I made this, because I think Crysis is special in my personal opinion, not because this individual beta is special on its own.

Yeah ok fair enough

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NTM

@seannao: I guess I should be more open about the beta. It seems shallow of me, but because the visuals were so sub-par, I wasn't intrigued enough to finish the first match. I know, it's a beta, but goodness. I really hope it's not indicative of the final game at all. The one thing that I noticed that I did like was that you climb ledges much faster; that's really all. Like I said, other than that it's just Crysis 2 with a few tweaks.

seannao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By seannao

@NTM:

I suppose you have to keep in mind that graphically from Cry 1 to Cry 2, the devs were quoted from their own press releases (videos I think) that they were hitting the ceiling constantly with console hardware.

I'm not sure what engine Cry 3 is running on opposed to Cry 2. It might just be a refinement of Cry2's engine. It might just be a consequence of their somewhat cut and dry, cold, mechanical, no-nonsense art design (except on the alien weapons and futuretech gimmick guns) but yeah, the pallet they're using is like. Urban. Chrome. Gunmetal. ... some laser sights here and there...

It's visually limited even though it doesn't have to be.

I imagine it is fairly indicative of the final game. You can look back at Crysis 2 and get a good impression of what to expect, I think anyway!

I probably will skip out on Crysis 3 since I already play Planetside 2 a whole heck of a lot and I wasn't too thrilled with Cry2's storytelling or multi.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By NTM

@believer258: Well, if you can get past the ugly visuals, and I guess for some (though not for me) a bad frame-rate, you might like it. It's just like Crysis 2 with a few adjustments. I think I'm being too shallow over it, and I don't want to say with final judgement that it 'sucks'. I was just underwhelmed from a visual perspective, but I shouldn't expect it to be great since it is a beta. Just hoping it's in no way indicative to the final game, that's all. Still though, you should try it and come back to talk about it; you may enjoy it.

@OfficeGamer: Sorry if that sounded like I was getting feisty, that wasn't my real tone. Your question, it just seemed like an awkward one. I mean, one can be more interested in certain games than others, that's the reason I never even thought about posting about beta's for other games, including the fact that I just don't care too much for multiplayer in games. Furthermore, I'm still interested in Crysis, because setting aside Crysis 2, the original Crysis gave a huge impression on me and I still absolutely love that game, and I still like Crytek as a company. Just because some people feel this way or that way about a game, you shouldn't have just thought that I thought about it the same way. Yeah, that's all. Sorry if this is badly written, I'm tired now.

Fierrze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Fierrze

It was ok, but i don't see myself playing it more than the 4 matches i played. I only played the hunter mode, because that seemed to be the main "thing" in this beta. It was awesome tho playing as the Hunter and shoot the explosive arrow in to the sewers in the airplane map and look at the kill feed and see that you got 5 kills with one arrow :D

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NTM

@seannao: I have a feeling it's because it's a beta, not because of any other reason. It's just not done. I can't see Crysis 3 being this bad-looking compared to Crysis 2 or Crysis on 360. I mean, it isn't even 'good'. Crysis 2, though it has its fair share of bugs and glitches, looks much, much better than this.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#29  Edited By musubi

That would mean I'd have to turn on my Xbox. That sounds like work. Nope.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Justin258

@NTM: Anything beyond graphics?. Crysis 2's framerate on Xbox wasn't so great either but it looks and runs great on PC.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By NTM

@believer258: Ehhh, well, maybe it was me being off, but it seemed like it took way too many shots to kill other people while it only took them a few hits to take me down. I remember doing much better with the Crysis 2 beta. My internet connection was fine as well, so it wasn't lag or anything. The visuals of this beta and the visuals from Crysis 2 on consoles is easily apparent. Crysis 2, though it having some nasty bugs, still looked really, really great on consoles. This beta doesn't. Go play it, you don't need to ask me or anyone else questions, ha ha. I want to hear what you think about it. By the way, what will you be playing it on? I did play (and have) Crysis 2 on PC, but that's none of my concern right now though since I don't have a PC to play it on anymore, so my comparisons are with the 360 version.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Justin258

@NTM said:

@believer258: Ehhh, well, maybe it was me being off, but it seemed like it took way too many shots to kill other people while it only took them a few hits to take me down. I remember doing much better with the Crysis 2 beta. My internet connection was fine as well, so it wasn't lag or anything. The visuals of this beta and the visuals from Crysis 2 on consoles is easily apparent. Crysis 2, though it having some nasty bugs, still looked really, really great on consoles. This beta doesn't. Go play it, you don't need to ask me or anyone else questions, ha ha. I want to hear what you think about it. By the way, what will you be playing it on? I did play (and have) Crysis 2 on PC, but that's none of my concern right now though since I don't have a PC to play it on anymore, so my comparisons are with the 360 version.

I will be playing Crysis 3 on PC, so those framerate problems and graphics issues probably won't affect me so badly, or at all.

PHenry1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By PHenry1991

I'm not really into Crysis, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

Tried both Crysis 1 and 2 and I keep getting destroyed in the first levels. Now I might not have epic skills but I know how to play a FPS and I just can't play them so I think I will pass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I actually quite liked Crysis 2's multiplayer and this seems like an evolution on that. It still looks gorgeous and runs great on my mid/low end 460 GTX, which is really cool.

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By OfficeGamer

@Demoskinos said:

No Caption Provided

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37  Edited By VoshiNova

Thanks for the reminder! I almost completely forgot.

I'll hop back on here in a bit and let you know what I thought - for reference I really enjoyed Crysis 2's multiplayer.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By zenmastah

for Nvidia users theyve released BETA drivers that should fix the other BETA drivers they released.

313.96 for the latest.

Also the game is kinda pretty but i have no interest in MP with this one so im mostly getting killed while running around looking at things lol.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#39  Edited By musubi

@OfficeGamer said:

@Demoskinos said:

No Caption Provided

That means I'd have to fire up Origin...which...gross.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#40  Edited By Ben_H
    @Imsorrymsjackson said:

No thanks, fucking FPS games can fuck off for a couple of years.

Sounds about right. 

Far Cry 3 was probably the last FPS game I will play for a couple years at least. I'm so sick of them at this point. I didn't even finish Borderlands 2 and I adored the first Borderlands. I just have no interest in that gameplay style anymore. 

The original Crysis was okay but it didn't make me want to play more Crysis in the future, so I don't really think I would want to play this, plus it is on Xbox (Edit: Apparently PC too? Meh). I don't think my Xbox is plugged in at this point. My SNES takes higher priority on the plug hierarchy.
    OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By OfficeGamer

@Demoskinos said:

@OfficeGamer said:

@Demoskinos said:

No Caption Provided

That means I'd have to fire up Origin...which...gross.

It did cause me to puke my lunch but the demo's downloading aint it?!

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Azteck

Crysis 3 "beta". Most likely it's just a glorified demo, just like the Crysis 2 Beta was.

xMEGADETHxSLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By xMEGADETHxSLY

Didnt really like it, played for about 1 hour and "hunter" is a lot like Halo's infection mode but you have a bow and arrow which sounds cool but a smart camper will use the riot shild and camp in the corner of a small confined space and just melee the dudes.

I was going to download it on PC but i realized that i needed Origin and i just uninstalled it for Sim City so ehh..

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By OfficeGamer

Well I'll be damned this shit is fun

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#45  Edited By buft

@AlisterCat said:

I like Crysis, I don't play a lot of shooters online, and Origin is fine. Not many people like me, it seems.

I'm Spatacus

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NTM

@believer258: Or they might. Just because it's a PC makes little difference when it's a beta if comparing to the final game. I played Crysis 2's beta on 360, PC, and PS3, all of them looked worse than the final product.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By NTM

@Mr_Skeleton: You can't really run 'n gun in it, or if you do, it has to be sparingly.

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By rawrz

It was alright except for the part that it likes to freeze up my xbox every few matches.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Solh0und

Played enough of the beta to go "I think I'll buy Tomb Raider instead"

However, I hope the campaign is more exciting.

curlyq101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#50  Edited By curlyq101

Played a little bit of the "beta" on xbox. It's OK. I enjoyed the Hunter mode, but other than that it feels pretty mediocre. Frame rate wasn't a problem for me, but there was HELLA texture pop in. Just like Crysis 2, I'll most likely pass.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.