Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis Warhead

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

A standalone expansion pack to Crysis, Warhead's campaign follows Sergeant Michael 'Psycho' Sykes, as he faces his own trials and challenges on the other side of the island, parallel to the events of the first game.

Crysis: Warhead Discussion

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Sergeant
    Sergeant "Psycho" Sykes

I loved the first game and think this game will be far better than the first. I really think it will surprise many by just how good it is. I know Jeff thought the original was the most overrated game of 2007, but I disagree entirely. Yes it true that it had some problems but it showed masses of brilliance in some of it's gameplay mechanics. Crysis for me is one of the few FPS games where the player gets to genuinely imbue his own personality into the gameplay, via the Nano Suit abilities. If your bold with it's use and functionality, and draw strongly from your imagination, you begin to see crazy possibilites that are simply not possible in other FPS games. Playing Crysis in this no fear manner is what makes it a extremely fun for me.

The original in truth was certainly not without it's niggling problems though, we all know that, but Crytek have said that Crysis Warhead improves upon all these issues to a instantly noticable degree. In fact, this game came about partly because of the issues with the first game. The A.I is now said to be far more tighter and reactive to the player, and also environmental changes created by the player. I think the latter is something which I think will make all the difference myself.  As well as this, the game is much better optimized now for lower end systems, meaning many of you that were not able to play the game in settings that it really deserved can now expect better performance.

The other reason for it being made was that Crytek saw the latest Rambo film and said they had to make Crysis as intense as the final scenes in that lol. It's a great aim for any game FPS game to have. I sincerely hope they make it a reality.

The fact gamers will now be playing as Psycho (fellow Brit) now is a postive indication of how Crytek see this game.  This game is basically going to have balls and character in abundance, and you can be sure it's going to bombard you with some crazy ass shit. I cannot wait, because If Crysis Mk 2 improves on all the problems of the last game surely it's safe to assume this game will be well and truly awesome.

http://crysiswarhead.ea.com/agegate.htm

Who else is really looking forward to this?
    Abunai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Abunai

I realllllly want this, for one reason, the (apparent) optimisation.
    Does anyone know if they are going to put the new "optimisation patch" into the original crysis?

Dead_Pixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dead_Pixel

Sounds like it is a positive step forward from the first game.....which I really enjoyed.

NeoTheta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By NeoTheta

I can't wait till Warhead. Apparently, since Psycho is such an..."enigmatic" character, there's going to be lots more destruction than the first game. Likewise, with the addition of new weapons and a better running engine, this game is going to rock.

JonnyK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JonnyK

I read they are putting the optimization patch into crysis.  But they said it'll be a while.

Mardarkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Mardarkin

The original set a great benchmark for graphics and physics on a game engine; even without the various enjoyable nanosuit dynamics, it would be one of the best games of last year for that reason.

I'm not certain I'll spend money on Warhead.  The environment is likely to be exactly the same, visually, and I can't help but feel ripped off on those terms.  However, I know that the game will be fun, as it is one of the few times I've played something where I felt genuinely stealthy, like a real prowling assassin.  As the original post implies, too, the ability to alter your mission style according to your situation and personality is one of the key aspects of this franchise.  This looks promising, to be sure.

Nobility

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nobility

I'm only interested in this game to see how far the engine can be optimized.  If you can get Crysis graphics to work on high on a relatively powerful machine, developers might flock to this instead of the UE3 engine.

toxicpiano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By toxicpiano

I didn't rate the first one. It didn't seemed a bit average. Certainly the graphics were above average, the rest left a lot to be desired for me. It's nice that they've super optimized the engine now, it should be put to good use.

AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AaronBelfast

Surprised none of you guys have shown us Crysis pictures, usually when  I enter a Crysis thread I except to see me some piccys

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#10  Edited By mrhankey
    Abunai said:
    "I realllllly want this, for one reason, the (apparent) optimisation.
    Does anyone know if they are going to put the new "optimisation patch" into the original crysis?
    "
    After Warhead is released is what i've heard. Although i just see Warhead being more of the same.
    JonnyK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JonnyK
    nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nevereathim

I'm really hyped for it and I just hope that people won't pirate the hell out of it

sculsoldi3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By sculsoldi3r

It looks awesome!

TanKLoveR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TanKLoveR

It looks really cool and more action driven than the original, so it should be fun.

The_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By The_Dude

I'm just looking forward to the cry engine 2 being better optimized.

xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By xplodedd

shouldn't this go in the crysis warhead forum?

epic_pets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By epic_pets

game looks cool

Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Locke
    JonnyK said:
    "I read they are putting the optimization patch into crysis.  But they said it'll be a while.
    "
    Hopefully it comes out sometime this year then.
    unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By unclejohnny79

It looks fantastic

sculsoldi3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sculsoldi3r

It looks great, but I think FarCry2 will own it. Best graphics from e3 was voted GoW2 even!! (by ign)

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By VACkillers

this game will so rock when it comes out.... i cant remember but is this a stand alone game? or an expansion? i remember the crytek guys being interviewed and mentioned that it was originally an expansion but it took a life on its own but never clearly stated if it was a standalone game or not....
    Main thing im looking forward to for this game, is the system requirements, as they've aparently done some "serious" optimization and can max the game out pretty much on a 600 buck machine, and from what was shown at E3, it looked every bit as good as crysis graphicly...... which will be absolutely awsome!

jugend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jugend

It's stand alone, but story-wise kind of an expansion since it supposedly takes place during the first one. As long as the AI is improved I'll be happy. Though hopefully there won't be a level spent in a VTOL.

unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By unclejohnny79
    sculsoldi3r said:
    "It looks great, but I think FarCry2 will own it. Best graphics from e3 was voted GoW2 even!! (by ign)"
    Warheads gonna own farcry2
    sculsoldi3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By sculsoldi3r
    unclejohnny79 said:
    "sculsoldi3r said:
    "It looks great, but I think FarCry2 will own it. Best graphics from e3 was voted GoW2 even!! (by ign)"
    "
    LOL, crysis warhead was around for like what last 6 months? Farcry2 like 3 years. Farcry 2 will whoop warheads candy ass, cmon didnt even get best graphics award and its CRYSIS!!!
    unclejohnny79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By unclejohnny79
    sculsoldi3r said:
    "unclejohnny79 said:
    "sculsoldi3r said:
    "
    LOL, crysis warhead was around for like what last 6 months? Farcry2 like 3 years. Farcry 2 will whoop warheads candy ass, cmon didnt even get best graphics award and its CRYSIS!!!"
    maybe they were not counting expansion packs
    Whilom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Whilom
    unclejohnny79 said:
    "sculsoldi3r said:
    "unclejohnny79 said:
    "sculsoldi3r said:
    "
    LOL, crysis warhead was around for like what last 6 months? Farcry2 like 3 years. Farcry 2 will whoop warheads candy ass, cmon didnt even get best graphics award and its CRYSIS!!!"
    maybe they were not counting expansion packs
    "
    Far cry has worse graphics than Crysis by far.
    The first crysis was excellent until the aliens appreared. My brother has it on his computer. I havent tried it on my computer yet.  My brother completed it within like a few days.
    The second crysis with the view of pyshco (Badass british dude), Gotta be good. Hopefully the ending will be better than the first one.
    ArcticWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ArcticWolf

I'm pretty excited for it since there seems to be more explosion and firepower, which is exactly what I loved about the first one. I just hope that its as optimized as they say it is, and I hope that I can max it out, or play it on high with 30+ FPS on my 9600GT.

UpMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By UpMax

7 Minute Gameplay :
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/244531.html

It looks and play's awesome, more explosions and intense scenes. I hope it's as optimized as they say it is

youstolemykill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By youstolemykill

I`m looking forward to it. This crysis demo ran like crap on my 8800GT, at 1280x1024, so I did not end up getting it. Hopefully they can give us a constant 35-45 FPS for Warhead. Crytek has said it got some serious optimizing.

And $30 for game, does not hurt.

Dib9394

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dib9394

It looks more of the same from Crysis. But more of the same means it's going to be awesome! 

youstolemykill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By youstolemykill

If it runs much better than the first Crysis. Then Crytek could have a massive hit on their hands.

UpMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By UpMax

I am glad that they realised the mistake that they made by not optimizing the first game.

kuddles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By kuddles

Okay, I think a lot of you people are mistaken when you say the game needs "better optmized".

The game is really well optimized.   The whole reason the first game garnered so much attention is because the amount of polygon mapping and shading going on at one time is far beyond anything else on the market.  There is way more going on in terms of calculations then 3DMark Vantage, and yet it has to respond to physics and be completely destructible at the same time, which is insane.

You can accuse Crysis of being too ambitious that it cut off sales, or that the point of entry is too high, but saying it's poorly optimized is quite frankly false.  I guarantee you that if Warhead runs better, it won't be because it's better optimized as much as they will try to make the game less graphically intensive in ways most people won't notice.

youstolemykill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By youstolemykill

I think people just say that because you would think an 8800 would acutally be able to run it at somewhat high settings. When people are buying these 8800 GTX, GT`s whatever they kinda expect the game not be be at 10 fps when something happens on screen.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35  Edited By OGCartman
    sculsoldi3r said:
    "unclejohnny79 said:
    "sculsoldi3r said:
    "
    Dude thats stupid. Theyre not going to give an Expansion the best Graphics award. Crysis WHOOOOOPPS Farcry 2 in graphics, obviously.
    xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36  Edited By xruntime

This should be in the Crysis Warhead forum.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.