Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Crysis Warhead

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Sep 16, 2008

A standalone expansion pack to Crysis, Warhead's campaign follows Sergeant Michael 'Psycho' Sykes, as he faces his own trials and challenges on the other side of the island, parallel to the events of the first game.

Gamespot Review !!!

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Hamz
    Link

Another great review from Kevin Van Ord aka KvO. The man is a master review, solid with his words and all round awesome guy. And i have to say his review makes me want to go out and buy a better PC so i can play through Crysis and Crysis Warhead together, back to back. But oh well i guess i'll wait till around christmas before i can get a better PC, just really would like to be able to play Crysis and Warhead with some decent graphics to see just how awesome this game is.

Anyway figured i'd give the community a heads up on this excellent review.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Arkthemaniac

I don't feel like reading the review of a game I can't run, so are you being sarcastic or not?

xruntime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By xruntime

No offense Hamz, but didn't you claim to have played the game and that you found it to be nothing more than a tech demo?

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Otacon

I swear Kevin V reviews everything at GS now. need a computer that can run this and Crysis

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hamz
    xruntime said:
    "No offense Hamz, but didn't you claim to have played the game and that you found it to be nothing more than a tech demo?"
    I've played Crysis and i found that the game was enjoyable but not nearlly as great as many claimed it to be. In honesty i think a lot of people fell for its jaw dropping visuals and purposefully ignored its short comings in gameplay. My way of thinking about Crysis is that its like an extremely attractive woman at a bar, you spend all night gazing at her and then pluck up the courage to chat to her only to find her personality isn't as amazing as she looks.
    mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By mattbodega
    Hamz said:
    "Link

Another great review from Kevin Van Ord aka KvO. The man is a master review, solid with his words and all round awesome guy. And i have to say his review makes me want to go out and buy a better PC so i can play through Crysis and Crysis Warhead together, back to back. But oh well i guess i'll wait till around christmas before i can get a better PC, just really would like to be able to play Crysis and Warhead with some decent graphics to see just how awesome this game is.

Anyway figured i'd give the community a heads up on this excellent review."
    Why didn't you back me up on the podcast when I said "Kevin Van Ord tells know lies?!"

Kevin Van Ord is one of the best reviewers out there today. He's got an acute ability to give games the benefit of the doubt. He knows when a game is about more than  just the gameplay(like Assassin's Creed) and can put a high profile game in its proper place(Mass Effect). If Kevin Van Ord likes Crysis:Warhead, I'll probably pick it up myself!
    CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CactusWolf
    Otacon said:
    "I swear Kevin V reviews everything at GS now. need a computer that can run this and Crysis"
    Not as if that's a bad thing though.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Hamz
    MattBodega said:
    "Why didn't you back me up on the podcast when I said "Kevin Van Ord tells know lies?!"

Kevin Van Ord is one of the best reviewers out there today. He's got an acute ability to give games the benefit of the doubt. He knows when a game is about more than  just the gameplay(like Assassin's Creed) and can put a high profile game in its proper place(Mass Effect). If Kevin Van Ord likes Crysis:Warhead, I'll probably pick it up myself!"
    I was going to but i didn't want to derail with a huge rant about anti-KvO people...and i whole heartedly agree that Kevin Van Ord is one of the best reviewers on the web when it comes to gaming. His knowledge about games is astoundingly accurate and detailed which i think lends itself well to how he reviews. KvO manages to pick up on the little things both good and bad and explain how they affect the game in whichever way. He just has an ability to, like you said, know when a game is more than just what it appears to be on the box.
    Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Player1
    Otacon said:
    "I swear Kevin V reviews everything at GS now. need a computer that can run this and Crysis"
    Ya, it seems like hes trying to be the new Jeff. Only he doesn't have the following Jeff has, so it won't work out. Wish the best of luck to him. 

His reviews are hit and miss for me. Sometimes I love them, sometimes I hate them. 
    xplodedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By xplodedd

i am pretty sure my computer can actually run this game, ill buy it eventually.

elbow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By elbow

Yes sir! Just yesterday I got myself a 9800GTX and was all rearing to go, and today I popped this in and it felt like the world of shooters was right again.

I played through my first level or so today and so far my highlights come from loading that APC with TNT then running away and just "BOOOOOOOMM!!!!!".

Still I wish there was a way that you could jump on vehicles and just fuck with them.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24

Kevin is actually a good reviewer.  I have posted some unfavorable things about him in the past and I regret it because he does review most of his games with a good opinion.  My only complaint is Mass Effect.  And that is a big one.  But, he works very hard and writes a lot of reviews. 

Now, Aaron Thomas is another story...
    Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Demilich

Fuck I want this game so bad now.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By twenty0ne

Kevin's a great reviewer, and I like him even more because he's at Gamespot, but I whole-heartedly disagree with his Mass Effect review.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By mracoon

I preferred the IGN review, not because of the score but just because of the writing (Jason Ocampo is  a better PC reviewer IMO)

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Pibo47
    Hamz said:
    "Link

Anyway figured i'd give the community a heads up on this excellent review."
    Van ord is teh shit, i love that dude. I wish he would come to giantbomb tho. That way i wouldnt ever have to go to gamespot again.
    Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Keyser_Soze

Who's larger Kevin VanOrd or Jeff Gerstmann?

Demilich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Demilich
    Keyser_Soze said:
    "Who's larger Kevin VanOrd or Jeff Gerstmann?"
    Gabe Newell.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.