Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Cyberpunk 2077

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Dec 10, 2020

An open-world action role-playing game by CD Projekt RED based on the pen and paper RPG Cyberpunk 2020.

Crossover Character? (SPOILERS!)

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

I'm not sure how to post this without spoiling anything because as soon as I say what game is spoiled it's pretty easy to figure out. Hell, the title of this post is probably enough to give it away.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

WITCHER 3 SPOILERS AHEAD!

So I finished The Witcher 3 last night. Something Ciri said really stood out to me. Check it out:

"People there had metal in their heads, waged war from a distance, using things similar to megascopes. And there were no horses, everyone had their own flying ship instead."

This sounds like Cyberpunk 2077 to me!

I think it could be a very cool crossover. The last I heard we create our own character in Cyberpunk so Ciri will probably be an NPC. If this turns out to be true, it'll be interesting to see how much screen time she's given, or how much her presence impacts the story. Ciri says she was in that world for six months so maybe she could play a major role.

I wonder if Avallac'h will make an appearance as well. I'd assume you couldn't have one without the other since he was the one who took her there.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

It's just an Easter egg, one justified by her insane powers - in the saga, Ciri canonically ends up in Arthurian times.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

I doubt it will be more than a similar little side note, even though I wouldn't mind actually seeing her in some sidequest chain or something.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#4  Edited By FLStyle

@bane: This isn't the first time someone has posted about this and unfortunately it isn't the first time I've had to shoot it down.

CD Projekt RED does not own nor did they create Cyberpunk 2077. It is a table top RPG series, the first of which released in 1988, that CD Projekt got the license for to create a video game based on it. There is no chance that any Witcher characters will play any significant part in it, outside of easter eggs, non-canon cameos and references like this one.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
    ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I doubt Ciri will show up in Cyberpunk. It's easy to forget but Cyberpunk isn't CDProject RED's original IP. It's a tabletop game (and a good one at that) that they're basing 2077 on. This is likely just a line alluding to the fact that CDProject is, in fact, still developing Cyberpunk being told to the player in a way that doesn't break the fiction of The Witcher. But then again The Witcher isn't theirs either, technically so maybe I'll be proven wrong. There's no way anyone except CDProject and the people close to the Cyberpunk name knows exactly what this game is going to be about. I would actually prefer it if The Witcher didn't cross over into Cyberpunk at all. I like my fantasy on one side and my cyberpunk on the other.

huser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd love for the full on supernatural to make an appearance in the cynical world of Cyberpunk (where Geralt on his worst day would be looked as a gawking tourist), but it's likely not to result in anything interesting for the reasons others have mentioned.

Then again I want to be able to go to Night City's Mall to check in on 120 year old Jobs and Wozniak working a kiosk.

I'm curious if any updating to the setting will be done, either in the history that should have already happened by 2017-8 (the first edition was set in 2013 and already had divergent history by 1989) that might be explained by alt-reality shenanigans.

Bane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@ghostiet: Sure, I remember that from somewhere. She did visit many worlds in the years she was gone, though.

@flstyle: Damn, I didn't know that. I still think there's a greater than zero chance she'll be in the game in some fashion, but maybe not in as prominent a role as I originally thought.

@clairvoyantvibrations: That's true about the Witcher IP. Time will tell I suppose.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.