Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls III

Game » consists of 10 releases. Released Mar 24, 2016

This game melds elements from all previous Souls games and concludes the Dark Souls trilogy.

Should I do the late game optional levels?

• 58 results
    Napstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@inevpatoria: The game in general has a problem with repetitive boss mechanics whether it's bosses that teleport or summon a bunch of other guys to help them.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@napstar said:

@inevpatoria: The game in general has a problem with repetitive boss mechanics whether it's bosses that teleport or summon a bunch of other guys to help them.

Yeah. I enjoyed the game quite a bit overall. But I definitely found myself wrinkling my nose at a lot of the choices.

Avatar image for deactivated-629ec706f0783
    deactivated-629ec706f0783

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inevpatoria: I was thinking hard on where I place DS3 in my personal list of the games, and while I think DS3 is really great...I think it might be last on my list, mainly because the boss fights just didn't stand out as shocking or insane like the had in DS1 and DS2. Between the repetitive mechanics, and too many "two phase bosses", I can't really think of a boss encounter that feels like it will stick with me.

This could all change if and when they do DLC though, as DLC seems to always add the best encounters to all Souls games.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@inevpatoria: I was thinking hard on where I place DS3 in my personal list of the games, and while I think DS3 is really great...I think it might be last on my list, mainly because the boss fights just didn't stand out as shocking or insane like the had in DS1 and DS2. Between the repetitive mechanics, and too many "two phase bosses", I can't really think of a boss encounter that feels like it will stick with me.

This could all change if and when they do DLC though, as DLC seems to always add the best encounters to all Souls games.

Completely agree. Again, really enjoyed Dark Souls 3 overall, and have even gone back to it idly considering a second playthrough. It's very streamlined and very fluid. But it didn't land in a memorable way with me.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I've played any of them out of the gate as much as Dark Souls 3 but it definitely lacks something. Dark Souls II would be low on my list solely because I've not dived deep enough into that. I want to like that game more but my one playthrough was a genuine struggle.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

absolutely play everything. all the content is terrific and the optional stuff is the most challenging and rewarding part.

GStats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I haven't finished Archdragon Peak yet. But it's a pretty cool area on the whole. To be honest, it's worth it just for that awesome scene where the dragon flies down in front of you.

Gimme_Dopamine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely complete everything you can your first run. Good luck bro.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.