Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

After a painful journey, it's finally done! ... for now.

dprotp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I also totally learned how to crush Ornstein and Smough--as long as I have a high-stability shield, that is, and then I can kill them in any order! Suck it, you two!

Out of all the bosses, the Centipede Demon somehow gave me the biggest problems. No idea why.

No Caption Provided

I just got that platinum less than a half hour ago. Things got rough when I returned to my two year-old save field only to find myself at the start of NG+ and had consumed every boss soul. Luckily, I had everything (all pyromancies, spells, miracles, rare weapons, full upgrades) except for one of the three Sif weapons. I managed to make two cursed greatswords from his soul on accident... whoops. Thankfully, a kind soul on /r/darksouls responded to my help request within minutes and happened to have spare Sif souls. He made my missing weapon, and summoned me into his world via my Red Sign Soapstone (I was level 153 and he was about 540), and dropped the sword for me. We gestured back and forth and then suicided--only for me to get 540,000 souls because TARGET VANQUISHED kicked in early enough. And so my journey ended in Blighttown on NG++++...

Also, offtopic sidenote: MGS2's platinum is terrible. Don't do it!

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I keep thinking about doing it as I missed some bosses first time around but every attempt is roadblocked by Capra.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Bloodborne was the only game where I came close to getting the platinum. The only thing I need is the trophy for killing the queen in the chalice dungeons. Too bad they're such a boring grind. Honestly, beating the game three times over was less boring than doing a single level of a chalice dungeon. I probably would have kept going too but at one point I didn't have materials to craft the next chalice and the thought of having to grind for materials in the chalice dungeons, in order to grind through the dungeons themselves was just too much.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As someone who doesn't give a crap about achievements/trophies I still have them all for DaS. Just kind of happened automatically while playing.

dprotp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: it's the one game series I've cared any the trophies for! Something about most of then just seems reasonable and just requires playing a bit more of the game.

Although MGS2 happened because I thought it'd be funny to have it...

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@dprotp: I almost did that for MGS4 but some are so tedious I gave up on that.

dprotp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dprotp

@hassun: oh yeah. Those are just trash. Can't handle that much crazy!

@shindig: absolutely. Capra was still killing me real quick even on NG+++... And then I realized I can skip him (and Taurus demon), the Depths, Gaping Demon, and the entire first chunk of Blighttown. HOT STRATS

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Taurus is cool, though. And Gaping Dragon. If those dogs didn't block the steps Capra would be a simpler proposition. I'm looking to perfect the dung pie / firebomb method just to get him out the way next time.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.