Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Helpful Invaders?

KeganBL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By KeganBL

As I sit next to the bonfire close to Sens Fortress, I still find myself puzzled by the events that just occurred. I was making my way up to ring the first bell at the top of the church when I came across a humanoid bathed in red fog. Because of experiences in my past lives I knew that I was about to face my death. I stood ready to block his first blow, but instead he just bowed.

“Well at least I would die to a gentleman”, I thought so I decided to bow as well.

I fired a soul arrow at him and expected him to strike at me in return. Once again to my surprise he bowed and dropped a bag on the ground. I hesitantly walked toward the bag and picked it up. In it was ten souls of once great heroes. I bowed to this invader, thanking him for his gift and before I knew it he had disappeared.

Has anyone else ever been greeted by a helpful soul dawning the dress of a killer?

ps. what the hell should I do with all of these souls burning a hole in my pocket?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Spoonman671

Helpful invaders were actually pretty common in Demon's Souls.  All of the invaders I've encountered in Dark Souls have been dicks.

duxstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By duxstar

It happen's sometimes, but don't expect it in the future; they'll probably bow and then fight

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

Wow, every invader I got was out for blood. Lucky break.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Turambar
    @KeganBL said:

As I sit next to the bonfire close to Sens Fortress, I still find myself puzzled by the events that just occurred. I was making my way up to ring the first bell at the top of the church when I came across a humanoid bathed in red fog. Because of experiences in my past lives I knew that I was about to face my death. I stood ready to block his first blow, but instead he just bowed.

“Well at least I would die to a gentleman”, I thought so I decided to bow as well.

I fired a soul arrow at him and expected him to strike at me in return. Once again to my surprise he bowed and dropped a bag on the ground. I hesitantly walked toward the bag and picked it up. In it was ten souls of once great heroes. I bowed to this invader, thanking him for his gift and before I knew it he had disappeared.

Has anyone else ever been greeted by a helpful soul dawning the dress of a killer?

ps. what the hell should I do with all of these souls burning a hole in my pocket?

Spend them on levels. 
    xxxlynchxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By xxxlynchxxx

Wow. Every time I've been invaded I have been raped in half. Good for you.

slantedwindows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By slantedwindows

once, i was given 2 slabs and 10 dragon scales - no lie.

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By Draugen

@KeganBL: I wrote a blog post about the first time it happened to me. It was a really humbling experience that gave me back some belief in humanity as a species. :)

I've never been good a pvp, and I always end up being super-backstabbed and one-shotted whenever someone invades with malicious intent. When I get the "invaded" message, I just tend leg it for the boss fight. I remember I was chased right to the fog before the gargoyles once, and I reached it just as he was about to murder me. All I wanted was an animation where my character turned around and gave him the finger as he traversed the fog.

I never invade to kill myself. First of all, I'll probably die, but it is really fun to freak people out. I usually put away my weapons and shield, and run around in my skivvies. Whenever he comes into view, I just stop and wave at him, and run away if he comes close. It really freaks people out. I shadowed one guy all the way to the bossfight once, and he had to walk backwards, because he was afraid of turning his back to me.

golguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By golguin

During PVP in the Kiln I've been given some pretty good stuff, but I've given most of it back. since I have everything. I don't remember if they were red soapstone, dark moon, dragon, or darkwraith, but I've been given such things as 10 titanite slabs, 5 souls of gywn, and other random things. I believe that instead of the titanite slabs I asked for some humanity and was given 17 twin humanities.

I myself usually drop 1 dragon scale before I summon a dragon cov since I usually end up winning and I have no use for the scale. I think twice I gave 99 twinkling titanite to phantoms that won 5 or more matches in a row. I'll occasionally summon a phantom to see if they can fight without estus since most people who join 2v1 or 3v1 can't fight for shit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.