Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Iron Skin Banned in Abyss After Update?

shulinchung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By shulinchung

After hearing the news about the release of an update, I jumped into the abyss in order to test how much is the iron skin nerfed for the four king fight. I found out that I can't use iron skin in Abyss, but all other pyromancy spells work fine.

Did I just encountered a bug, or the devs really just banned iron skin spell in Abyss? If they just banned it for balance without making a reason in the story, then, as much as I love this game, I am very disappointed. That's just way too inelegant for my taste......

Edit: Oh, I just realized that I might still had transient curse on me during the fight, and it prevented the use of iron skin.

Avatar image for lookitspineapple
    LookItsPineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LookItsPineapple

If you need to use Iron Flesh on the 4 Kings, you're doing it wrong.

shulinchung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By shulinchung

I didn't need it. I just wanted to test how much they nerfed it. Because I couldn't use it, I went two-handed and beat them to a pulp. :)

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_Laughing_Man
    @shulinchung said:

I didn't need it. I just wanted to test how much they nerfed it. Because I couldn't use it, I went two-handed and beat them to a pulp. :)

Someone posted a video of how much they nerfed it. It was not like a ungodly amount or anything. 
    Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Grissefar
    @LookItsPineapple said:

If you need to use Iron Flesh on the 4 Kings, you're doing it wrong.

If you need to post in this manner, you're doing it wrong.
    OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By OroJackson

If you placed a transient curse on yourself in order to kill the ghosts, when you fall into the abyss you are unable to buff yourself, Iron Flesh included. Just hang out on the stairs until the transient curse runs out and Iron Flesh should work just fine.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Doctorchimp

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@shulinchung said:

Someone posted a video of how much they nerfed it. It was not like a ungodly amount or anything.

I couldn't tell the difference if Iron Skin was protecting me or not on New Game plus with my character.

They nerfed it beyond reason, there's no reason to carry it because it also still makes you immobile. There was a trade-off before, now you cast it and you still takes tons of damage as you're stuck to the ground.

However Power Within got buffed I'm pretty sure and it's pretty good so I just swapped them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.