Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Just rang second bell. Where now?

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Hooded

Hey guys, I just rang the 2nd bell, the lower bell. So theres a gate open near burg (im guessing Sens whatchamacallit) but theres a huge lava lake and a fog door, which looks like a boss fight. Shall I go that way or just back to Firelink Shrine. Thats a really way back up through Blighttown (shortcut Drakes Vally) is there a quicker way?

Thanks.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By eroticfishcake

I went to Sen's Fortress since the demon's down there were a little too powerful for me. Sen's Fortress felt like a good place. Get's really interesting after that too.

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By EmptyApartment

Yeah you can go to Sens or check out the forest (darkroot basin) if you haven't, I would suggest leavin the lava area (demon ruins) to a little later

EmptyApartment

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By EmptyApartment

Sorry forgot to add that yeah the way I went back is through the swamp up the water wheel and through drakes....also about that fog door *spoiler* yes a boss is behind that fog but he won't attack until you grab the armor that's there, if u wish u can grab that armor and die, its pretty good stats and lightweight

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hooded

@eroticfishcake: @EmptyApartment said:

Sorry forgot to add that yeah the way I went back is through the swamp up the water wheel and through drakes....also about that fog door *spoiler* yes a boss is behind that fog but he won't attack until you grab the armor that's there, if u wish u can grab that armor and die, its pretty good stats and lightweight

Awesome, thanks guys, I'll do that and i'll grab the armor when i'm hollow. Thanks :D

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By mason

@EmptyApartment: You can also totally beat that boss (demon ruins), even at a middling level. There are 3 main ways to beat him, and 2 of those ways are extremely cheap. You could also fight him head on, but that looks like it would take some real skill and the right gear. His huge area effect attacks need to be dodged with very specific positioning and timing. I'll probably try it that way on my next playthrough. But this time, I cheezed it (not the way Vinny described in the podcast, but the other way).

@Hooded: I'm holding off on Sen's Fortress myself since the lizardmen are a little tougher than expected. I find the forest has been quite forgiving at my level. After I'm done with that, I'll progress deeper into New Londo Ruins and hopefully reach the wraiths so I can finally get some titanite chunks. Once I'm farmed enough there I'll move onto Sen's.

You could also check out the Great Hollow & Ash Lake (from Blighttown tree), if you can handle it.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hooded

@mason said:

You could also check out the Great Hollow & Ash Lake (from Blighttown tree), if you can handle it.

Wheres that? I dont think I know of the tree. I have done alot of the forest although I still need to take on the Wolf.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By eroticfishcake

Speaking of which, has anybody managed to return to that tutorial area at the beginning of the game? I just thought you guys should know if you haven't. It's quite interesting.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hooded

@eroticfishcake said:

Speaking of which, has anybody managed to return to that tutorial area at the beginning of the game? I just thought you guys should know if you haven't. It's quite interesting.

Yeah I did, I did alot of grinding there :)

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By jacdg

@eroticfishcake said:

I beat the Stray Demon, took me an hour but it felt great afterwords!

And to the OP, I would suggest go through the forest first, there's a few cool boss fights there.

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mason

@Hooded: Shh.

No Caption Provided

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Cincaid

@JacDG said:

@eroticfishcake said:

And to the OP, I would suggest go through the forest first, there's a few cool boss fights there.

Any pointers to beat said demon? :)

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jacdg

@Cincaid said:

@JacDG said:

@eroticfishcake said:

Any pointers to beat said demon? :)

Just study it's attack patterns, dodge like shit when he does his but stomp, which was the only move I had trouble with, and attack every time he does the AoE blast thing (the one where you are safe, whilst standing a little bit behind him) two-hand your weapon, shields doesn't do jack shit there anyway.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By eroticfishcake

@Cincaid: What JacDG said more or less. What I did was equip your best melee weapon (two hand it of course) and when you fall down the pit run straight towards him and try to stay behind him at all times. His attacks are really easy to dodge but take note when he raises his two hands to slam the weapon down since that's his AoE attack. Just do a backstep and a half and you should be safe. I died around three times but did it the fourth time flawlessly with this method (bar the one Estus flask for the fall).

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hooded

Wow them lizard people on the way to Sens dont mess about, killed the first 2 but they are serious

@mason said:

@Hooded: Shh.

No Caption Provided

Wow, thats great. Thanks lol

Avatar image for bobby_the_great
    Bobby_The_Great

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Bobby_The_Great

I'd say head to Sen's Fortress and then go into Anor Londo.

James5955

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By James5955

I'd recommend going into that area with the lava next to the fog door and following the path just so you can reach a chest that has really, really good armor. Gold-hemmed has great defense for how much it weighs. Note that when you loot the armor the boss will aggro, so you'll most likely die and it'll be a pain to get your souls back... I'd do it when you have little to nothing to lose.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Hooded

@James5955 said:

I'd recommend going into that area with the lava next to the fog door and following the path just so you can reach a chest that has really, really good armor. Gold-hemmed has great defense for how much it weighs. Note that when you loot the armor the boss will aggro, so you'll most likely die and it'll be a pain to get your souls back... I'd do it when you have little to nothing to lose.

At the moment i'm human with 2 humanities and a few thousand souls. So i'll grab it when I loose it all.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hooded

By the way guys, if you can answer this it would be great, after ringing the second bell i read a message on the floor saying fake wall, I attacked it and some egg guy was in my way, he asked if i was a servant, I said FUCK NO and he wouldn't talk to me again. I killed him and rested at the bomfire. But after listening to the Bombcast, it seems what VInny was talking about, it may of been where I was. Did I kill a NPC that could of sold me shit?

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Syndrom

i killed that dude to, by accident really, he was in my way :s

WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By WonderboyCoz

after the depths, should I go to blighttown or into the catacomb area near firelink before that because blighttown seems pretty frustrating at the moment?

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Aishan

@WonderboyCoz: Definitely Blighttown. It's tough and confusing at first, but it's the way to go. Just proceed slowly and make sure to take some anti-poison herbs with you.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Cincaid

@Hooded said:

By the way guys, if you can answer this it would be great, after ringing the second bell i read a message on the floor saying fake wall, I attacked it and some egg guy was in my way, he asked if i was a servant, I said FUCK NO and he wouldn't talk to me again. I killed him and rested at the bomfire. But after listening to the Bombcast, it seems what VInny was talking about, it may of been where I was. Did I kill a NPC that could of sold me shit?

He sells Pyromancy spells. And you can say you're a servant without joining any covenant, he'll move either way. So yeah, sad to say you took out your anger on the wrong dude, hehe.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25  Edited By Marz

After i beat quelaag, i went into the Hollow and the Ash Lake....  I don't recommend going there without having a lordvessel....  totally went to the ancient dragon covenant dude.... i was like cool... but then i had to climb all the way back that level, back to blight town, then back to firelink shrine (took a long time)

But right now i'm in the forest area and seems the mobs here are easy to kill, so i guess i found my next area to explore.

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Cincaid

@WonderboyCoz said:

after the depths, should I go to blighttown or into the catacomb area near firelink before that because blighttown seems pretty frustrating at the moment?

What @Aishan said is correct. Blighttown can be extremely frustrating, mostly because it's a big and confusing (and laggy) area, with many places you can fall to your death. There are two bonfires there, and as long as you find one of them I suggest you explore as much as you can since there are some really nice loot down there. Where to go: When you finally make it to the bottom swamp, make your way to the right of the area. You should see what looks like a giant spider nest, and that's where the boss is guarding the second bell.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Syndrom

rang the second bell too, picked up the gold hemmed armor set, now kinda lost as where to go, tried sen's fortress but those lizard dudes are tough. Wanna get havel's ring though and from what i've read i have to go through the darkroot basin to do that? (don't have masterkey :( )

WonderboyCoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By WonderboyCoz

thanks guys, will try it out again after work. I think it might be time to get another weapon, this drake sword isnt as useful as it used to be.

Aishan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Aishan

@Syndrom said:

rang the second bell too, picked up the gold hemmed armor set, now kinda lost as where to go, tried sen's fortress but those lizard dudes are tough. Wanna get havel's ring though and from what i've read i have to go through the darkroot basin to do that? (don't have masterkey :( )

Yep, Darkroot is the way to go, but you're only likely to come across 3 or 4 enemies on your way -- a couple of trees just outside the Parish exit and a couple of Ice Golems down in the basin itself. The Golems are also pretty easy to take out. Shouldn't have much trouble to get to Havel's tower.

Syndrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Syndrom

@Aishan said:

@Syndrom said:

Yep, Darkroot is the way to go, but you're only likely to come across 3 or 4 enemies on your way -- a couple of trees just outside the Parish exit and a couple of Ice Golems down in the basin itself. The Golems are also pretty easy to take out. Shouldn't have much trouble to get to Havel's tower.

alright thanks, i went there today but when i saw those ice golems i just started to run for it haha. they looked like to much to handle, but i'll go kick their ass later.

mason

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mason

@Syndrom: It's not the basin, but rather darkroot garden you need to check out. Go past the glowing door and it'll lead you to the key you need to reach Havel. Edit: after fighting a boss that is. But he ain't nothing. Just have magic resistance.

Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Hooded

@Cincaid said:

@Hooded said:

He sells Pyromancy spells. And you can say you're a servant without joining any covenant, he'll move either way. So yeah, sad to say you took out your anger on the wrong dude, hehe.

Oh maaan :( Oh well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.