Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dark Souls

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Sep 22, 2011

A quasi-sequel to From Software's action-RPG Demon's Souls, set in a new universe while retaining most of the basic gameplay and the high level of challenge. It features a less-linear world, a new checkpoint system in the form of bonfires, and the unique Humanity system.

Worth restarting?

Theresonlyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Theresonlyone

I'm 6 hours in but I didn't take the master key when I created my character I then consumed a Fire Soul instead of handing it to the woman.

I did get a couple of lucky drops; Demon's Greataxe and Black Knights sword.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

I just restarted and found that the beginning part of the game that took me about four hours only took me around 40 minutes the second time through.

I'm a lot better off now, I'm a bit higher level with more humanity and it just feels like a fresh start on a new game. I was getting pretty frustrated, so in that regard it was definitely worth it for me to restart.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By TobbRobb
    @Theresonlyone: The entire Asylum part shouldn't take more than 10min this time and the rest should be pretty quick as well, trust me I tried a few alts and the early parts are EASY when you've played through them once. The Master Key and improved Estus are pretty damn useful, so I'd say restart, though they aren't necessary if you feel you can progress anyway.
    Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
    TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Master key is meh for me, prefer hunting around for keys etc.
    Got a good feeling when I could open a door somewhere later because I bought the residence key from the first merchant at the start.

The fire soul is handy tho, +1 estus is ace!

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By McShank

The master key would have helped me earlier on but as I have gone about 30+ hours into the game, i dont need it anymore as I have either found the keys or am past the part where its useful. The sword though is a random drop, as my friend got it while i got their halbred, which is not my main weapon :D Unless you like or want to use that sword later, i would restart just to get the better start on the game as most people probably had a frustrating start. Think the only reason i didn't do as bad as others have said theirs was because i spent the week prior beating demons on NG+++.. man that was not fun.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.