Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders II

Game » consists of 30 releases. Released Aug 14, 2012

Players return to the post-Apocalypse in the sequel to 2010's Darksiders, this time as former protagonist War's fellow Horseman of the Apocalypse, Death, the pale rider, who seeks to resurrect Humanity to clear his brother's good name.

This game could do with some map check-lists.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

Because oh my God, the collectibles! They just never stopped coming! It's like with every new turn in the story, every time I entered a new environment, there was yet another separate collectibles category to add to the list. I literally just completed the game and my collection list is currently:

• 31/34 Mystic Stonebites
    • 21/25 Power Stonebites
    • 6/10 Resistance Stonebites
    • 35/40 pages for the Book of the Dead
    • 12/15 Relics of Etu-Goth
    • 7/10 Relics of Renagoth
    • 4/5 Relics of Khagoth
    • 2/4 Gnomes

Which still leaves me with 25 things to find. And that's after I done a lot of backtracking through the world everytime I'd find myself with a new piece of gear or ability. My completion time is around 31 hours because of all the added time I've dedicated to scouring through previous dungeons and areas, keeping a keen eye out for any of those little stones, or to try and wrack my brain as to where all of those bloody portals I've passed amongst my previous travels were.

And by map check lists, I mean having a check list assigned to every dungeon on the map listing what collectibles remain within, with each realm giving you an overall check list of just how much stuff is left. Because the amount of collectibles is bladdy shitting ridonkulous! And because each category transpires across the entire world open to you, there's no one particular rhyme or reason as to where they could be. Just imagine if you have, say, just one relic or stone left but have no idea where else to look... Am I really expected to meticulously comb through every dungeon, every stretch of land, to find that piece of shit??

I really like Darksiders II as well--the story has some issues and it's overall a bit on the easy side, however--so much so that I'd be willing to platinum the sucker. Or that is I would if I wasn't potentially forced to resort to a guide. BTW does your current collectible count carry over into NG+? Not like it matters I guess. Even if it does, it'd be maddening to go through again without all of my story-dictated gear should I actually locate a collectible but didn't have the current means to get it.

If they could implement check lists via a patch or something, though, I'd be ever so grateful, and this would feel like a goal I could actually accomplish without sacrificing my sanity in the process. I'm just so damn anxious at the idea of moving on from my original playthrough because I can't let these bastards beat me! I want to be able to go into NG+ fresh and ready to just play the game, enjoy more of the combat, round up loose trophies, without any damn collectible anxiety at the back of my mind.

EDIT: Oh, I'm also missing a few Arbitar Maze coordinates and 2 angels on Earth..

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#2  Edited By Lazyaza

Nothing carries over to newgame plus except for your weapons/armor and crucible tier unlocks. I found out the hard way that everything else resets. The collectibles quests are near impossible to complete without a guide and even with one you still need to backtrack the entire game world. Vigil royally fucked up in that regard which is fucking weird considering Darksiders 1 straight up told you where things were.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

I just had to let all of that go, it was making me irritated with the game. The arbiter maze can be beaten without finding all of the coordinates. I found most of them, but it was much easier to print a list off the internet. I was also missing two angels for the longest time. there's two that are really well hidden in the road/tunnel section, theres a possibility that one or possibly both are there.

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Tennmuerti

Stonebites were my stopping point, everything else i found, but fuck stonebites.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#5  Edited By musubi

Found everything. Im going to mash my way through the crucible today and I'll have 1000/1000. Gamesradar has a good guide up and there are also some really good video guides on YouTube.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#6  Edited By Yummylee

@Demoskinos said:

Found everything. Im going to mash my way through the crucible today and I'll have 1000/1000. Gamesradar has a good guide up and there are also some really good video guides on YouTube.

Well, shit. I used a youtube guide to find myself the final Gnome, but... nah, I simply can't be bothered. Even with using a guide, it's not like I can specifically recall which so and so's I've actually found and which I'm missing so it's still a lot of exploring around not knowing whether I'm in the right place or not. And exploring through dungeons post their completion is a fucking drag and I can't be bothered putting in the effort frankly. Unless there's an update that adds in dungeon/realm check-lists, I think I might be done with Darksiders II.

I'm not going to head into NG+ either because I don't want to lose all of my current collectibles... should I ever decide to carry the search after a small time's passed. Gah, everything to do with these collectibles is such a joke. =/

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I concur, this game has too much stuff to not have an easier way to know where the stuff is without resorting to the internet.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By musubi

@Yummylee said:

@Demoskinos said:

Well, shit. I used a youtube guide to find myself the final Gnome, but... nah, I simply can't be bothered. Even with using a guide, it's not like I can specifically recall which so and so's I've actually found and which I'm missing so it's still a lot of exploring around not knowing whether I'm in the right place or not. And exploring through dungeons post their completion is a fucking drag and I can't be bothered putting in the effort frankly. Unless there's an update that adds in dungeon/realm check-lists, I think I might be done with Darksiders II.

I'm not going to head into NG+ either because I don't want to lose all of my current collectibles... should I ever decide to carry the search after a small time's passed. Gah, everything to do with these collectibles is such a joke. =/

I just put on some bombcasts and went at it. But hey... each to their own. I'm kind of a crazy OCD gamer so I can't expect everyone to be as nuts about this stuff as I am.

darkwolfg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By darkwolfg

best guide for collectibles is the ign guides , and i almost lost my mind when doing it ... the gnomes were easy enough but its ridiculous for everything else , i mean thank god the relics were after the forge lands cuz if i had to search a whole extra huge area id shoot myself , though they both give pretty good rewords , ostogoth more than black root with giving you the abyssal gauntlets

Heltom92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Heltom92

Yea checklists are a must in a game like this, maybe it's something they can add in a patch if enough people request it?

amir90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By amir90

An item to find everything on the map would encourage after end game exploration.

Nah, I don't care about steam achievements.. :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.