Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

Mystery code gets you Bonus Disc and Red Faction: Guerilla

• 69 results
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By apathylad

Remember that Mystery code that came with some copies of Darksiders? Here's what you're getting (revealed on this site):

Still hanging onto that mystery code? Good, because this is what you're getting:

• A digital Hellbook disc featuring Darksiders art, videos, and other awesome stuff!
    • A free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla, a third person shooter featuring fully destructible environments... on Mars! To learn more about RF:G, go here.
      • Click here to receive the 360 version.
      • Click here to receive the PS3 version.

Once you click on which version you want, enter your Promo Code and click "Apply."

This offer is only available to US residents and ends March 7, 2010. Shipping and handling not included.

I just hope the shipping and handling isn't expensive. -_-' Anyway, it's a neat bonus which I'll redeem now. Remember, limited time offer.

http://community.darksiders.com/ 

There was an update addressing common concerns as to what you're getting, etc.:

----- FAQ:----

We'd like to address some of the questions regarding the promotional code offer.

Why is my code invalid?
    When entering your code, please make sure you to do the following:

• Enter in all the hyphens
    • Check if certain characters are the number "0" or the letter "O"

Why isn't the Darksiders Hellbook appearing in my shopping cart?
    This is now fixed. Do not worry if you placed your order before this, the disc will be sent with Red Faction: Guerrilla.

When will I receive my copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla and Darksiders Hellbook disc?
    As stated in the PDF that came with your order, it will take four weeks.

--------

- Second Update :It turns out you don't need a mystery code to get this offer, provided you have a new copy and a proof of purchase of the game.

The Codeless are Not Forgotten

Bought a game but didn't get a code? Don't worry. Clickhere to open and then print a mail-in form. Send the complete form with the following items:
    • Your original purchase receipt of a NEW copy of Darksiders
    • The package barcode
    • Shipping and handling costs
    Your free copy of Red Faction: Guerrilla along with the Hellbook disc should show up in about four weeks from receipt of form and items.
    This offer is only available to US residents and ends March 7, 2010.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Holy goddamn.  Just saw this.  I was about to buy RF:G yesterday!  Woo!

Genfuyung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Genfuyung

Wow thats crazy.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ProfessorEss

I just bought RF:G last week, I really like it.
    Score to those of you who bought Darksiders - an awesome game in and of itself.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By JJOR64

I want a free game.   :(

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MikkaQ

That's nuts, but I'm kinda sorry I bought RF:G now... not that I really have been playing it. It's a little... empty to me, other than the awesome destruction.

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just ordered mine, yay.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By apathylad
    @XII_Sniper said:
    " That's nuts, but I'm kinda sorry I bought RF:G now... not that I really have been playing it. It's a little... empty to me, other than the awesome destruction. "
    Well, if you did have Darksiders with the code, you'd at least get a bonus disc and be able to give the Red Faction game to a friend or something.

I already redeemed the code. It cost me $5 to pay for the shipping, so I wonder how long it will take to get here. The one thing that may be frustrating is that I've been reading that some gamers bought Darksiders at launch and never got the code! The code was only included in certain copies for some reason. 
    The order came with this PDF:

No Caption Provided
    Carlos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Carlos

Yeah too bad I already have RF:G and don't want to pay 10 bucks for shipping >:V

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Carlos said:
    " Yeah too bad I already have RF:G and don't want to pay 10 bucks for shipping >:V "
    It's 5 bucks, you have to remove the extended download thing.
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By apathylad
    @xobballox said:
    " @Carlos said:
    " Yeah too bad I already have RF:G and don't want to pay 10 bucks for shipping >:V "
    It's 5 bucks, you have to remove the extended download thing. "
    Yeah, and $5 for a Darksiders bonus disc isn't bad. The Red Faction game can be a gift or sold.
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm just worried that RF:G will just come in a game sleeve and not a case.  I hope that's not the case.  (Pun unintended.)  Also, THQ is starting to earn some street cred' with me.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By jakob187

I have a split reaction to this.  Here it is: 

1. WOO HOO!!!  FINALLY, we know what the code is, and it's to let people who might not have played one of the best games of last year (as well as one of my favorite) to FINALLY get in on the fucking carnage!  YEAH!!!  Plus, my copy has water damaged box art to it now, so I'm praying this comes in a case that can replace that!!!  YEAH, FUCKIN' A, THQ!!!  Also, BONUS DISC FOR DARKSIDERS?!  FUCKIN' A, COTTON!!!
    2. Really?  A copy of RFG, which is a game that is almost in no way related to Darksiders other than being published by the same company...and a bonus disc of art and stuff?  Like, if there is video documentary stuff on the making of Darksiders...and its troubled development cycle, then sure.  However, something like a Darksiders T-shirt with a design by Joe Mad as well as a piece of original Darksiders art signed by Joe Mad would've been WAAAAAAAY cooler.

So yeah, it's a little bittersweet...but it's STILL sweet.  It's especially sweet for those people who didn't get to play RFG, as that game has some incredible multiplayer to it. 

I'll be redeeming mine, but I don't know how I'm supposed to be paying the shipping on it. 

*EDIT*  I can't seem to get the community site to come up.  Anyone else have issues with it?
    Avatar image for ghost_of_perdition
    Ghost_of_Perdition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Awesome. Now if I can get the site to load up...

EDIT: Ordered! And yeah, as others have said, shipping is $5 as long as you get rid of that extended download option.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pie
    @jakob187 said:

1. Really?  A copy of RFG, which is a game that is almost in no way related to Darksiders other than being published by the same company...and a bonus disc of art and stuff?  Like, if there is video documentary stuff on the making of Darksiders...and its troubled development cycle, then sure.  However, something like a Darksiders T-shirt with a design by Joe Mad as well as a piece of original Darksiders art signed by Joe Mad would've been WAAAAAAAY cooler.
       "
    Were you expecting anything more than a new weapon?
    Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Shadow

So wait a second.  Would I be able to get this code if I bought Darksiders new right now?

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By apathylad
    @Pie said:
    " @jakob187 said:

1. Really?  A copy of RFG, which is a game that is almost in no way related to Darksiders other than being published by the same company...and a bonus disc of art and stuff?  Like, if there is video documentary stuff on the making of Darksiders...and its troubled development cycle, then sure.  However, something like a Darksiders T-shirt with a design by Joe Mad as well as a piece of original Darksiders art signed by Joe Mad would've been WAAAAAAAY cooler.
       "
    Were you expecting anything more than a new weapon? "
    Yeah, honestly I wasn't expecting much from the bonus item. I thought it was going to be some sort of DLC, theme, or gamerpics.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By shadows_kill

where is/was the code when you got it? cause i bought it about a day or so after launch and im not seeing it >_>

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Apathylad said:
    " @Pie said:
    " @jakob187 said:

"
    Were you expecting anything more than a new weapon? "
    Yeah, honestly I wasn't expecting much from the bonus item. I thought it was going to be some sort of DLC, theme, or gamerpics. "
    I was expecting the War costume thats on Xbox Live, and then PS3 would get something to do with home.@shadows_kill said:
    " where is/was the code when you got it? cause i bought it about a day or so after launch and im not seeing it >_> "
    It was only in some copies, and only in America.
    shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By shadows_kill
    @xobballox said: 

in america and i guess im just lucky to not get one.... and i wanted to get red fraction too
    apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By apathylad
    @Shadow: 

I'm not sure. Certain Gamestops might have display copies with the coupon inside, but there's no real way of knowing.

@shadows_kill:
    It should be in the box where the instruction manual is. Only certain copies had codes though. Honestly I didn't know about the code until I read about it in these forums. I opened the sealed copy I had on the shelf and it was there.
    DAD_FIGHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#22  Edited By DAD_FIGHT

Haha, wouldn't it figure that the second they finally reveal the thing, the site goes down? 

Even if it isn't really related to Darksiders whatsoever, throwing in a free copy of RF:G is a pretty goddamn great little "thank you" for those who snagged a first-run copy, not to mention the extra disc and all. Feel pretty bad for those who got a copy without, though :/ 

It's weird, too, because like a bunch of people on here, I was almost about to buy RF:G today. But if it's on the house, welp...

RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deep down, I was hoping by some miracle this would be that replica of Chaoseater that one dude got :P

But I didn't play RF:G, and enjoyed the demo, so this is awesome.

seenew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By seenew

Im excited about this. I was going to pick up a copy of RF:G not too long ago for about 20 bucks so getting it for cheaper is always good :)

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jakob187
    @Pie: Well, I'm just saying - limited edition artwork by Joe Mad for a limited code seemed logical, and especially since Joe Mad's artwork on the game is SOOOOOO awesome.  However, I guess I should look at it like this:  I'm going to have a whole disc of Joe Mad work, which is sweet!
    defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By defaulttag

Woot! I just redeemed my code. $5 for a new copy of RF:G with Darksiders bonus disc. Why not? Only a few people got the code. Either you pre-ordered Darksiders or bought it within the first week or so. Even then, not all of those first shipped had the code. I'm happy I supported Darksiders. It's a good game in it's own right. Nice to have this little bonus though.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By wefwefasdf

Sweet! That is definitely worth five bucks. I'm glad I am glad I am one of the lucky ones. :D

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By c1337us

Wow thats pretty awesome. Too bad it was for North America only. But I already have one copy of Red Faction Guerilla that I have never played. I probably didn't need another one.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Relys

I played the beta of RFG.

It's worth paying $5 shipping.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Pretty nice deal, but the code was only for the US.

Still, some people on the Darksiders forums were absolute douchebags about this whole code, thinking it was going to be some form of exclusive content for the game and would really go into rants when somebody came on and was upset they didn't get a code.  Never seen such a big community of "it's OUR toy, we don't want to share!"  Personally I was expecting this to be the War armour for your avatar/Home.  It was free with pre-orders in Europe.

Although I do believe it's up to buy now as well, so if you bought it and then found out you could have it for free, it would have been a slap in the face.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#31  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

Anyone interested in my code, send me a PM. I already have RF:G for 360, and I don't care to get another copy.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
    KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#32  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Wow. That's a great way to reward people who took a risk on buying Darksiders! Kinda bummed I didn't get it now, wouldn't mind receiving a free copy of RF:G as well.

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By StarFoxA
    @Apathylad: The story isn't awesome and Mars doesn't really have beautiful scenery (just a lot of rocks), but the rest is true. RFG is a great game.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jakob187
    @StarFoxA said:
    " @Apathylad: The story isn't awesome and Mars doesn't really have beautiful scenery (just a lot of rocks), but the rest is true. RFG is a great game. "
    Yep, and I'd almost be willing to bet that anyone who got their copy for 360...and asked REAL NICELY...might be able to get me, StarFoxA, and Metroid545...the CHAMPIONS of RFG...to party up for some multiplayer sweetness!
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#35  Edited By StarFoxA
    @jakob187 said:
    " @StarFoxA said:
    " @Apathylad: The story isn't awesome and Mars doesn't really have beautiful scenery (just a lot of rocks), but the rest is true. RFG is a great game. "
    Yep, and I'd almost be willing to bet that anyone who got their copy for 360...and asked REAL NICELY...might be able to get me, StarFoxA, and Metroid545...the CHAMPIONS of RFG...to party up for some multiplayer sweetness! "
    Might? Make that a definite YES! I'm always ready for some more RFG action (despite having 160,000+XP).
    CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By CenturionCajun

Damn, I didn't imagine they would be giving away a free copy of one of their major releases from last year. Good going THQ. Both for doing something awesome and thinking of such a creative way to market one of their other franchises. I already have Guerrilla but I'll happily give it away to someone at work because I'm sure I won't get anything for it on trade in.

seenew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By seenew

Ordered my copy. Only crappy part is THQ doesn't ask for a shipping address and the address on my bank account is a PO Box so now the game is being sent to a PO BOX. Not really sure how thats gonna work out...

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#38  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online
    @Chaser324 said:
    " Anyone interested in my code, send me a PM. I already have RF:G for 360, and I don't care to get another copy. "
    Seriously? Nobody is interested?
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#39  Edited By ch13696

Not so much a plus for me because I already have Red Faction Guerilla on PC, PS3, and 360. Got em from Red Faction Pack on Impulse (THQ Complete Pack on Steam), Birthday present, and bought it on day one.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By shadows_kill

WOO found my code :D i'll be ordering it in a min but whats their extended download service? cause it seems to be just to get 5$ more..

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By jeffgoldblum

I'll just go to my local rental store and get the code out of one of the boxes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
    deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Too bad I already beat RF:G on Friday or this would be really cool.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jakob187

So, a couple of quick questions: 

1. Do I need the UPC or receipt or anything from the Darksiders box in order to claim this promo?
    2. Shipping can only be done by credit card or debit, I'm assuming?  No money order option?
    3. With the way the shipping looks, it would seem the game is coming in a case.  Anyone who can confirm that?
    Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Jeffsekai

Thats awesome.

Avatar image for ghost_of_perdition
    Ghost_of_Perdition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@jakob187 said:

" So, a couple of quick questions: 

1. Do I need the UPC or receipt or anything from the Darksiders box in order to claim this promo?
    2. Shipping can only be done by credit card or debit, I'm assuming?  No money order option?
    3. With the way the shipping looks, it would seem the game is coming in a case.  Anyone who can confirm that?
    "

1. All you need is that code, which should be in the Darksiders box.
    2. Credit/debit, paypal, and some other option. I don't recall seeing a money order option. 
    EDIT: Credit/debit, paypal, check, and wire transfer.
    3. I've been trying to find out since yesterday, and came up with nothing.
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jakob187
    @Ghost_of_Perdition: The first one is really the one I needed to know, as I'm trading in my copy of Darksiders today and didn't know if I needed to do some snipping to it.
    shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#47  Edited By shirogane

Argh, poor me not living in the US. I've been meaning to get RFG sometime too.
    Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#48  Edited By Skytylz

they would have sold alot more copies if they would have let people know this.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#49  Edited By MetalGearSunny

That's such a good deal. Too bad I already have Red Faction Guerrilla.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By jakob187
    @Skytylz said:
    " they would have sold alot more copies if they would have let people know this. "
    Mystery > stating the mystery 

I won't lie, as sweet as it is for people to be getting copies of RFG, I still think that some autographed limited edition Joe Mad artwork would've been awesome. 

@Metal_Gear_Sunny said:
    " That's such a good deal. Too bad I already have Red Faction Guerrilla. "
    Then claim it and trade it in, or use it as a birthday present for someone.  Hell, the only reason I asked my questions earlier is because I have a personal copy of the game...and then we have one at work...so I'm using my copy of RFG + Dante's Inferno + Darksiders to = Bioshock 2, then get my "free" copy of RFG to replenish this copy that I'm currently selling.  Even THAT is perfectly fine, as the artwork for my current copy of RFG is water damaged like crazy, so it could use replacing. 

With the $5.00 shipping charge for RFG, I'm assuming it's coming in a case, because $5.00 for just a paper sleeve wouldn't cost jack nor shit for shipping.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.