Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Darksiders

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Jan 05, 2010

Developed by Vigil Games, Darksiders puts players in control of War, one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, as he attempts to find out who caused a premature Apocalypse while battling both Angels and Demons on a dead Earth.

PC version just keeps crashing and does not start....

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GaspoweR

I think Ive finally given up on trying to get this game to run again and I'm kinda upset despite the fact that I bought this game off a Steam sale and I never got anything out of it which is incredibly frustrating. The game just doesn't run and no solution suggetesd in various forum posts on Steam and on the Darksiders site that has worked for some hasn't helped at all.

Fuck this game...Seriously.... I really want to play it BUT IT JUST WON"T LET ME

Teran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Teran
    @GaspoweR: What's the problem?  Does the game launch and then black screen?  Does it not launch at all?  Does it launch and play fine before crashing?
    slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By slax

I think what I did was set Darksiders to run as an Administrator. You'll have to navigate to it through your steam folders using My Computer or the equivalent. 

I didn't have any problems after that.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By cornbredx

what a weird necro

I think after a month your attempts to help may fall on deaf ears. He's probably long since given up haha =P

Just sayin'

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

If it goes to a black screen after the Vigil games video then try deleting the...ATI/AMD video thing. I did that and it worked. But, since you said you tried everything on the Steam forums then I assume you tried that too.

slax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By slax
    @CornBREDX: That's a good point. I didn't even notice. But if anyone else comes around looking for answers, maybe our suggestions will help them and they won't need to start a new thread.
    TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By TobbRobb

Weeeeell, in the off chance that he hasn't given up/found the solution. It's probably because of some kind of crossfire config, I had to disable my second GPU to run it.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By GaspoweR

Uh, actually it just resolved on its own for some reason after a week or so...I don't know how it happened though since none of the video solutions worked and it just fixed itself. Anyway, I eventually finished the game and I was pretty happy with it.

BUT STILL FUCK THAT GAME.... :D

THQ wasn't much of a help (since they handle support and not Vigil themselves) and I noticed that it was pretty much a problem for most people.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.