Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

The downloadable prologue to Dead Rising 2 (exclusive to the Xbox 360) gives players a taste of the new "Combo Weapon" mechanic, as Chuck Greene must escape the zombie-infested rural town of Still Creek while preventing his daughter from succumbing to the zombie plague.

Case Zero Impressions?

modeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By modeps

ANyone in here try out Case Zero yet? Seems like, from the quick look anyway, that Chuck runs a little funny.   I can't wait to get home to try it out though. It's gonna be so great!

myalt22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By myalt22

He runs fine, If a little slow.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RobertOrri

Here's mine: 

No Caption Provided

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @RobertOrri said:

" Here's mine: 

No Caption Provided
    "
    Australia?
    Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Rockanomics

I miiiight of played it, but I think I'm about to throw the various bits and pieces that once made an XBox in the trash.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RobertOrri
    @ProfessorEss said:
    Australia? "

Iceland, but using a UK gamertag since the service isn't offered here. For some reason Microsoft does an IP check to confirm if I am really in the country assigned to my gamertag whenever I download mature-rated content from XBLM. No, I have absolutely no idea why they do this - it's idiotic.
    Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Three0neFive
    @RobertOrri said:
    " @ProfessorEss said:
    Australia? "
    Iceland, but using a UK gamertag since the service isn't offered here. For some reason Microsoft does an IP check to confirm if I am really in the country assigned to my gamertag whenever I download mature-rated content from XBLM. No, I have absolutely no idea why they do this - it's idiotic. "
    Pretty sure copywrite law requires it.
    Twazuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Twazuk

Every time I shoot the sniper rifle my controller disconnects. 
    I've tried it 3 times and it disconnects every time. 
    What gives? 
    Edit: Actually, every time i hit anything with anything it disconnects! 
    What the fuck?

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By RandomHero666
    @RobertOrri said:
    " Here's mine: 

No Caption Provided
    "
    I feel your pain. I downloaded the trial game fine, then went to buy Microsoft points.
    The full game is not available in my location.. but the fucking trial is. I don't get it
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Diamond

I really like it.  Brings back everything I liked about Dead Rising and more.  Makes me hyped for Dead Rising 2.  The framerate could be smoother, but it doesn't hurt the gameplay.   The friendly AI could be better, but it's at least a little better than the first game.

It's one of the flawed games I'm willing to give a pass to because the gameplay is so interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d59d1a719efd
    deactivated-5d59d1a719efd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the quick look of it was pretty cool,and it makes me want to try out the actual game,I'm probably not going to get case zero though,need more money.
    I think that the weapon combinations  are going to be limited though,I just don't see there being that many,plus I don't think they'll think of all the possibilities that they could come up with.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By CL60

To those who have it, how long is it? Judging by the QL, it seems short.(I'm not complaining, I'm just curious. I'll probably get it anyway)

joeybagad0nutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By joeybagad0nutz
    @CL60 said:
    " To those who have it, how long is it? Judging by the QL, it seems short.(I'm not complaining, I'm just curious. I'll probably get it anyway) "
    Felt like Hour and a half. Maybe two hours.
    OverLord00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By OverLord00

I've really enjoyed my time with it.  More than likely gonna pick it up on release.   Made me want to throw the original back in my xbox for the first time in....years..

Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda
    @modeps:    @CL60:

I played through the whole thing in about two or three attempts and it took me about three hours and i was kinda rescuing as many as i could between finding the motercycle parts my second attempt. The punishing save system is still around. But im not complaining. I like the fact that its so harsh it adds to the difficulty of the franchise but you do get three separate save slots in zero compared to just one in the original dead rising. besides there are several bathrooms throughout the town. its not a long sidetrack to save like with the original dead rising. there is a kinda false time limit as in you are requited to complete your tasks and rescue the survivors if you want to in a single 12 hour span in game. and if you fail you have to revert back to a save or carry over your money and level progress into a restart just like DR1. the games 12 hours in real time is roughly two hours or so.  the graphics are great even for an arcade title. and the animations are far better than that of the original. Chuck runs much more fluidly and realistically compared to frank who ran like he had a stick up his butt the whole time. the game is a bit short. but its just an arcade title with a bunch of re-playability. as i said it took me about three hours and two or so attempts to complete with an A ending. frankly for just 5 bucks its well worth it. especially if your a big fan of the franchise. there are six or eight combo weapons in zero and they are all fun. i found the paddle saw to be devastating and the beer hat is way useful for keeping extra health without hogging up a ton of inventory slots. the only thing missing from the original is the photography, and of course frank and his constipated turtle run. 

the food mixer blenders are back. changeable clothes, hairstyles, hats, shoes, the timed case mission system has returned. rescuing survivors throughout the world is back. but this time they seem just a touch more resilient and are a bit less prone to running head on into the biggest group of zombies they could find and getting ripped to shreds. they seem to be a little more difficult for the zombies to grab and start attacking but it still occasionally happens. you can play slot machines and win/find money to spend at a pawn shop for weapons or information. you can also move when aiming and firing firearms now. but you cant move when your trying to throw other objects.

if anything i would give this a try. its an actual arcade game with achievements and everything. and even has a free trial version if your skeptical. i think its a mistake to consider this thing to be just a paid demo. if anything its a good arcade title to romp around in for a few hours and for 5 bucks for the full version its a great buy. you can even carry over your level progress (up to level 5) and money over to DR2 once its released just like pub games.

@MonkeyMelon:
    case zero is only 5 dollars. you dont have an extra 5 dollars?
    WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By WickedCestus

I'm about half an hour in, and I'm enjoying it so far, but it's very different from most games. 

Never played the first Dead Rising.

Avatar image for pnut_buttr_panda
    PNut_Buttr_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By PNut_Buttr_Panda
    @RandomHero666 said:
    " @RobertOrri said:
    " Here's mine: 

No Caption Provided
    "
    I feel your pain. I downloaded the trial game fine, then went to buy Microsoft points. The full game is not available in my location.. but the fucking trial is. I don't get it "
    this happens occasionally with some arcade stuff around release time. demos too. when their is a large influx of downloads clogging the bandwidth microsofts servers sometimes shut out different regions temporarily  to keep the servers from crashing and allowing those that do have access to it to download it at a reasonable rate and not at a slow crawl. this happened to me with the original bad company demo as well as a couple weeks ago for the mafia 2 demo. just wait a bit and it should come back up.
    Berezov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Berezov

I love it, I've got to level 5 and going to get the rest of the achievements today! Can't wait for the game to come out later this month!

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19  Edited By RandomHero666
    @PNut_Buttr_Panda said:
    " @RandomHero666 said:
    " @RobertOrri said:
    " Here's mine: 

No Caption Provided
    "
    I feel your pain. I downloaded the trial game fine, then went to buy Microsoft points. The full game is not available in my location.. but the fucking trial is. I don't get it "
    this happens occasionally with some arcade stuff around release time. demos too. when their is a large influx of downloads clogging the bandwidth microsofts servers sometimes shut out different regions temporarily  to keep the servers from crashing and allowing those that do have access to it to download it at a reasonable rate and not at a slow crawl. this happened to me with the original bad company demo as well as a couple weeks ago for the mafia 2 demo. just wait a bit and it should come back up. "
    Most arcade and on-demand games are off limits to me, I have to use a different account.
    Still, doesn't matter, i'm just going to get more points this weekend and put them on the other account

Been looking forward to Code Zero for a long time, the trial is pretty awesome, even if it is short

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.