Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Aug 31, 2010

The downloadable prologue to Dead Rising 2 (exclusive to the Xbox 360) gives players a taste of the new "Combo Weapon" mechanic, as Chuck Greene must escape the zombie-infested rural town of Still Creek while preventing his daughter from succumbing to the zombie plague.

List of all combo weapons and item locations.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By WalkerTR77

For the "A bigger taste" achievement, you must build all combo weapons yourself at a workbench. There are 9 in total and will accumulate across multiple playthroughs.

• Spiked bat - combination of baseball bat & box of nails. Both are sitting beside the first workbench in the garage.
    • Drill bucket - combination of power drill & metal bucket.  A power drill is on a shelf in the same room as Katey while a bucket is located in the garage store room (near the ladder leading to the roof.)
    • I.E.D.          - combination of box of nails & propane tank. Both are abundant in the garage.
    • Molotov      - combination of whiskeynewspaper. Newspaper is strewn around the streets while whiskey can be found in several areas, including the bar and the garage exterior.
    • Air horn     - combination of green spray paint & pylon. Green spray paint is located on the garage roof (door in the back of the storeroom) while the pylon is a traffic cone, common around the quarantine zone.
    • Electric rake - combination of garden rake & car battery. Rakes can be found in big bucks hardware store and the car battery is on top of a dumpster in an alleyway behind the movie theater (near quarantine zone).
    • Paddlesaw  - combination of paddle & chainsaw. The paddle is on a walkway beside an abandoned building, straight across from the garage. Chainsaws can be found at big bucks.
    • Boomstick - combination of  shotgun & pitchfork. The shotgun is found on the second floor of the sheriffs office (jump over a fence to the left of the pawn shop to gain access) pitch forks are, again, at big bucks.
    • Beer hat - combination of construction hat & beer. Beer can be found at the bar and strewn around various areas, the construction hat is on a rooftop which will be passed while opening the hunting store. Access the rooftops by hopping up to the large windows on the second floor of the hotel, then follow the walkways around.

Well that's all of them, let me know if I need to clarify anything or if any of these item names are wrong.
    Hooded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Hooded

Thats awesome. I'll give them a try :D Thanks

gannon16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By gannon16

Awesome. Thanks for posting this.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By CL60

Didn't Brad say in the QL he tried whiskey and newspaper, and it didn't work?

Avatar image for white_silhouette
    White_Silhouette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By White_Silhouette

Awesome going to try them when I get home. If not already done this should be added to the objects to the Case Zero page .

borodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By borodin
    @CL60: Yeah I figure he actually tried beer and newspaper accidently? :S But whiskey and newspaper definitely *does* work
    SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By SteamPunkJin

I thought that was battery was for the Motorcycle. If I go for the electric rake do I screw myself in terms of rebuilding the bike?

groin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By groin
    @CL60: He probably tried beer and newspaper. It is an easy mistake to make.
    OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By OldGuy
    @SteamPunkJin: No, you need an engine for the bike but not a battery.
    WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WalkerTR77

It annoys me that a number of those components (construction hat, paddle) are hidden away in silly places where most people won't find them. The weapons they make are pretty awesome but that's no reason to try and keep them from us. And yea, Brad probably used beer instead of whiskey for the molotov.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By AndrewB
    @CL60 said:
    " Didn't Brad say in the QL he tried whiskey and newspaper, and it didn't work? "
    They also said on the podcast that zombies don't slip on gumballs. Vinny was right. They definitely do.
    TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TomyDingo

How do you obtain the combo cards? When I make combo weapons, it just gives me the scratch card.

WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WalkerTR77
    @AndrewB:  I agree, they slip on gumballs.
    @tomydingo: I have leveled to five, got ending A, saved all survivors and unlocked all achievements and I still don't have combo cards for some of the weapons. Looks like you need to wait till the full game.
    TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TomyDingo
    @WalkerTR77 said:
    "@tomydingo: I have leveled to five, got ending A, saved all survivors and unlocked all achievements and I still don't have combo cards for some of the weapons. Looks like you need to wait till the full game. "
    Ah ok. I just remember getting a scratch card for the Molotov and then getting the combo card, so I figured the same with the other combos.
    WalkerTR77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By WalkerTR77
    @tomydingo:  The unlocks for leveling up are random, so the skills/cards etc you end up with is down to luck.
    TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TomyDingo
    @WalkerTR77 said:
    " @tomydingo:  The unlocks for leveling up are random, so the skills/cards etc you end up with is down to luck. "
    Interesting, I may play through it again to level up my speed/inventory/health rather than my throw distance.
    Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By Pie

A lot of the items that don't have the little combination symbol (spanner) looks like they will be able to be combined in the full game because when you pick up that book that strengthens construction items/weapons it will show the book symbol but not the spanner symbol. Just thought I'd mention that.

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By MistaSparkle

Even though it probably won't, I really want either a place to store weapons in DR2 or a mode that let's me spawn every weapon in the game. That would make things a whole lot easier. Unfortunately, DR isn't too into the idea of easy though.

Klaimore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By Klaimore

Thank you so much I was wondering what I could do with that stupid spray!

Arius123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Arius123

awesome thanks for this.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.