Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Rising

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Aug 08, 2006

Freelance photojournalist Frank West struggles to survive a zombie outbreak after being trapped inside the Willamette Parkview Mall. Frank has seventy-two hours to get the scoop of his life while dispatching the undead hordes with anything he can grab.

How Long Is A Playthrough

YoungFrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By YoungFrey

I've never played DR before, but after having played Case Zero I'm considering trying DR.  But I thought Case Zero was good because it's so short that running it multiple times isn't a chore.  If the base 3 days in DR takes 10 hours, I think I'm a lot less likely to be on board with it.  So how long is the base play, I don't count dying and restarting, I mean, "if you just let the game clock run, how much real time is that"?

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MeierTheRed

If you get the über weapons in the game you could probably beat it in 18 to 20 hours.

IAmTheRad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By IAmTheRad

Well, 12 hours in Dead Rising is 1 hour of real time. About 6 hours for 72hr mode if you just sit around doing nothing. But cutscenes and loading doesn't take away time as far as I know.

zidane_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By zidane_24

If you are playing from the beginning and not restarting to keep your level or anything, then it should be six hours plus cutscenes. 1 game day = 2 hours in real life. Overtime mode would tack, at most, 2 more hours onto that.

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MeierTheRed

Looks like i'm remembering this game wrong, if people have completed it in 6-7 hours. Maybe i was playing the free time mode or whatever the hell it was called.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead

It's long, but good. It's basically a game of survival and it makes you work for it a lot of the time. The cult day is the weakest but it's still decent.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.