Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead Space

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Oct 14, 2008

Engineer Isaac Clarke battles a polymorphic virus-like alien infestation that turns human corpses into grotesque undead alien monsters called "Necromorphs" while trying to survive on board an infested interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Best death!

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By TomA

What's your best(or worst) death in Dead Space.Mine is when i smashed a box to get some ammo,i turned around and there was a slicer guy right there and he just cleaved me in two,lol.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By jakob187

I think my best death yet was a three-parter, and it was just amazing to watch, because it really shows off the extent of their limb dismemberment/clipping/physics engine.

I was flung backwards by one of the explody-dood's arms, which made me land into a bunch of those little crawly things that come out of the big bloated slicer doods, and while I was mashing the shit out of A and X to try and kill them all, one of the mega-slicers (the ones that looks like they have oil all over there) just slices my fucking head off.  As if that wasn't enough, the other super bloated slicer, after I died, was crawling around with his claws, and ended up slamming both of them into my dead body, dismembering my leg and arm from me.  LOL

Fucking epic.
    Wolswor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Wolswor

I had just cleared a room and there were several of the hole-in-head bodies on the ground...I walked over to the shop, I heard a noise and thought "just a slicer..I'll deal with him in a second."  I start hearing a lot of noise and kinda think.."what the..."  I turn around and see a bat thing has converted about 4 into durable slicers and was running over to another pile.  I just kinda sat there and said "wow, I'm so dead.."  It didn't end well.  After I respawned I went back and kinetic grabbed all the bodies and used the ripper to grind them into dust before I let the bats spawn.  I made those bastards pay.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jakob187
    Wolswor said:
    "I had just cleared a room and there were several of the hole-in-head bodies on the ground...I walked over to the shop, I heard a noise and thought "just a slicer..I'll deal with him in a second."  I start hearing a lot of noise and kinda think.."what the..."  I turn around and see a bat thing has converted about 4 into durable slicers and was running over to another pile.  I just kinda sat there and said "wow, I'm so dead.."  It didn't end well.  After I respawned I went back and kinetic grabbed all the bodies and used the ripper to grind them into dust before I let the bats spawn.  I made those bastards pay."
    The bats single-handedly made me learn the value of stomping the FUCK out of dead bodies before continuing onward.  LOL
    TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By TomA
    jakob187 said:
    "Wolswor said:
    "I had just cleared a room and there were several of the hole-in-head bodies on the ground...I walked over to the shop, I heard a noise and thought "just a slicer..I'll deal with him in a second."  I start hearing a lot of noise and kinda think.."what the..."  I turn around and see a bat thing has converted about 4 into durable slicers and was running over to another pile.  I just kinda sat there and said "wow, I'm so dead.."  It didn't end well.  After I respawned I went back and kinetic grabbed all the bodies and used the ripper to grind them into dust before I let the bats spawn.  I made those bastards pay."
    The bats single-handedly made me learn the value of stomping the FUCK out of dead bodies before continuing onward.  LOL"
    Ya lol.
    PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By PenguinNerd

Hmmm....I'd have to say it was when I was simply over run by a crap ton of dudes....I let one of those guys that have like the spider type of legs and a skull for a head through and he hopped onto me ripped my head off and put it's legs into my neck....I now had a skull head and began walking around like a zombie...so AWESOME

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By MisterSpiffy
    jakob187 said:
    "explody-dood's
    little crawly things
    the big bloated slicer doods
    one of themega-slicers (the ones that looks like they have oil all over there)"
    Wolswor said:
    "a bat thing"
    nerdboy said:
    " those guys that have like the spider type of legs and a skull for a head"
    I love how everybody has to describe this game's enemies.
    PenguinNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By PenguinNerd
    MisterSpiffy said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "explody-dood's
    little crawly things
    Wolswor said:
    "a bat thing"
    nerdboy said:
    I love how everybody has to describe this game's enemies."
    :D  I don't know their names....
    TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By TheGTAvaccine

The part where you have to go on the exterior of the ship and hide behind stuff so you dont get smashed by asteroid hunks. Well, if you get killed on that part you basically get blown up, but for some reason both of my legs were still attached to my waist and they went floating off into space twirling around. Looked hilarious.

Wolswor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wolswor
    MisterSpiffy said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "explody-dood's
    little crawly things
    Wolswor said:
    "a bat thing"
    nerdboy said:
    They don't have names, other than the "slicer" which was only called that by a dev and never in game.  In the game they are all called necromorphs..
    jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By jakob187
    MisterSpiffy said:
    "jakob187 said:
    "explody-dood's
    little crawly things
    Wolswor said:
    "a bat thing"
    nerdboy said:
    I'm not gonna lie.  I think it's AWESOME that you have to describe them.  It makes people see a type of image in their head, and then they go "man, I kinda wanna see that".
    Basically, everything in the game looks like it walked out of John Carpenter's The Thing...except for the Brutes.  Those are specifically named in the game, and those things are basically The Thing-meets-silverback gorilla!!!
    Avatar image for dark_spartan796
    Dark_Spartan796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Dark_Spartan796

My best death came when I was fighting the final boss, the Hive Mind.

I had reached the second part when it grabs you by the leg with its tentacles and hurls you into the air, flailing you around every which way while you hear certain parts of your body crack. It seems if you don't destroy all of its weak points fast enough, another tentacle comes over and wraps around your arm, and just rips it off. At first, I thought this was part of the fight, because it almost seemed to give me back control. But, then its...head lurched forward and drove the upper half of my body into its rings of teeth. Isaac screams horribly, and all that remains is the lifeless lower half of my Epic Tier 3 Engineer.

Dead Space's death sequences are some of the most horrifying and visceral I've ever seen. I love it.

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By DECA555

no doubt the best death i experienced (they were few) was during the segment where you need to put the beacon on the asteroid. Those gyrator spikes of death turned me into a fucking stump. It cut off all my limbs and my head and hurled me back into the room

Note To Self - Avoid large moving rings with large blades on them....DURR

Avatar image for thelawnwrangler
    TheLawnWrangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By TheLawnWrangler

dark spartan has mine :( theres a kid at my school named isaac and everytime i think of this game i feel really really bad for him (lol i just imagine him getting torn to shreds :[ i should give him a hug...... or a fruit basket O.o)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.