Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Dead State

Game » consists of 1 releases. Released Dec 04, 2014

An open world zombie survival RPG. It promises to focus on the survivor mentality and social interactions that arise from such a disaster scenario.

Anyone played this?

dusker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Has anyone played this and can tell me what they think? I haven't seen a lot of coverage, but the initial ZRPG hook seems cool to me.

FreshyFresh23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It's cool. You create a character with a standard RPG type creator - pick stats and then an initial set up skills which, as you add more points, unlock perks you can choose from.

You'll then eventually wind up in the shelter, a school. You'll have a number of other survivors with you. You'll be dealing with quests from characters, world events, exploring for rations and things to survive. You can upgrade the stronghold/shelter. It's fun, I recommend it if you like rpgs/sims. It has turn based combat, similar to the original fallout games.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By UpperDecker

@dusker I am a huge turn based strategy game buff. I loved xcom's, jagged alliance, etc. If you ever played Suikoiden, and wanted that to be a turn based strategy game this is it.

You start off as a plane wreck survivor and go into this small town with a small group of people. You will have missions, like going to go hardware supplies, and you can loot as well. You will run into zombies, along with other survivors. Some friendly, some hostile. The combat system is okay, although sometimes it gets frustrating and you will yell and curse when your people get bit and infected.

I don't know if the game is worth 30 dollars or not at this point, but if you want to see some gameplay, you can add me to steam and do the link watch thing and I can show you some of it if you'd like. My steam name is ROGamingRyan. Just offering to help!

Ryan

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By BisonHero

I keep thinking that this game is State of Decay or Dead Nation.

It's really hard to keep the names of zombie games straight at this point.

UpperDecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bisonhero, it's even harder to find games without zombies in them these days.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
    deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only played the early access version. It had a really cool setup and looked very promising. Just back then there was no exchanging items between party members and a lot of other junk and I had no idea how to give gifts and check up on supplies. I have not checked out the full version to see if these issues are still there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.