Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

Did anyone else here S-Rank Deadly Premonition?

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By kevinski

I just finished getting S-Rank in Deadly Premonition. It's only the second game that I've S-Ranked, the first being Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I definitely feel as though I've "completed" the game, as opposed to just beating it. That's rare for me.

Who else here has S-Ranked the game, and who else is planning to eventually do so?

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DrPockets000

Planning on doing so, haven't done so yet.

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By RobotHamster

I've gotten all the trading cards and now have to beat it on hard and easy, but after about 20 minutes into my second play through and I really don't have the motivation to play it again.  But good for you man, it takes a brave soul to play through DP...three times.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By c1337us

I very rarely try to S rank games. DP isn't going to be one of them.

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kevinski
    @RobotHamster said:
    " I've gotten all the trading cards and now have to beat it on hard and easy, but after about 20 minutes into my second play through and I really don't have the motivation to play it again.  But good for you man, it takes a brave soul to play through DP...three times. "
    I played it on Normal first, then Easy, then Hard. I didn't get all of the trading cards and complete all of the side missions until my third playthrough, which very well could've been a mistake. I'm glad that I got through it, though. It's pretty challenging at times, but the game definitely rewards patience.
    LazyPiranha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By LazyPiranha
    @kevinski: Yeah I got the S rank.  Beating it with all the trading cards just left two left and I couldn't let that stand.  It did get very tedious after a while, but I figured what the hell.  
    KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I definitely plan on it. I just don't know when I'm going to feel like committing the time to play the game two more times. I may start a second playthrough soon. I just can't stand not S-ranking a game with so few achievements.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By armaan8014
    @kevinski:  That's awesome :)  Did you watch the ER? Could you tell me any awesome secrets you discovered that the crew didn't?
    Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Coombs
    @kevinski:
    No Caption Provided
    These are the First Ten people to S rank it on the 360 (On GB anyway)

@LazyPiranha:
    You made the list, Congrats.
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#10  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Got the S rank. Enjoyed it all three times.

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kevinski
    @LazyPiranha said:
    " @kevinski: Yeah I got the S rank.  Beating it with all the trading cards just left two left and I couldn't let that stand.  It did get very tedious after a while, but I figured what the hell.   "
    Yeah, I wasn't really a fan of how Emily's side missions were handled. I find it ironic that her side missions, which depend on the weather conditions, eventually net you the doll that alters the weather conditions.

@armaan8014 said:
    " @kevinski:  That's awesome :)  Did you watch the ER? Could you tell me any awesome secrets you discovered that the crew didn't? "
    Well, replaying each Other World sequence toward the end gets you some pretty awesome weapons. I have an infinite RPG, for example, which takes out Crawling Shadows in one hit. XD

@Coombs said:
    " @kevinski: These are the First Ten people to S rank it on the 360 (On GB anyway)

@LazyPiranha: You made the list, Congrats. "
    Thanks for showing that list. I was mainly referring to DP forum regulars, though. :P

@Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    " Got the S rank. Enjoyed it all three times. "
    Nice to hear. I enjoyed the game every single time. My only real regret was going for a complete save file on Hard difficulty. It was driving me a bit crazy at times, although - to be fair - I generally only died when I got impatient and tried to run past enemies, ultimately allowing them to overwhelm me in numbers.
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By DrPockets000

Is it pretty hard to get all the cards?  They seem very obviously placed so far.

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kevinski
    @DrPockets000 said:
    " Is it pretty hard to get all the cards?  They seem very obviously placed so far. "
    Well, they're not hidden or anything, per se, but it can be a real bitch to get some of them, depending on which difficulty you're playing on. Someone who's playing the game on Easy shouldn't have a problem with replaying the Other World levels, for example. I, on the other hand, played my complete file on Hard, so retrieving the cards certainly wasn't always easy. Still, I do feel that some of the side missions were too strict in their timing requirements, especially Emily's.
    Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Sign me up for the S rank. I finished my quick and dirty easy playthrough yesterday. This game was a treat, I don't care what anyone says.

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kevinski
    @Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:
    " Sign me up for the S rank. I finished my quick and dirty easy playthrough yesterday. This game was a treat, I don't care what anyone says. "
    Congrats! And yeah, really, I don't understand why people find this game to be such a chore to play. I just finished Alan Wake, and I can't think of a time when a game's ending (or the events leading up to it) was less fulfilling.
    Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
    Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie
    @kevinski said:
    " @Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:
    " Sign me up for the S rank. I finished my quick and dirty easy playthrough yesterday. This game was a treat, I don't care what anyone says. "
    Congrats! And yeah, really, I don't understand why people find this game to be such a chore to play. I just finished Alan Wake, and I can't think of a time when a game's ending (or the events leading up to it) was less fulfilling. "
    You sir, are spot on! My reaction to Alan Wake is exactly the same. I gladly replayed DP three times but  I am in no hurry  to go through Alan Wake again. Not that it's a bad game (it's pretty good)  but it just didn't grab me. Kinda wish I rented it rather than bought it.
    Dragon4234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Dragon4234

Sucks though that a majority of the other world challenges that net you awesome weapons can only be done as Zach. Having that infinite Machine Gun from Galaxy of Terror would of help immensely.  

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By kevinski
    @Dragon4234 said:
    " Sucks though that a majority of the other world challenges that net you awesome weapons can only be done as Zach. Having that infinite Machine Gun from Galaxy of Terror would of help immensely.   "
    Yeah, although the infinite RPG is an even better example. It takes out Crawling Shadows in a single hit.
    Seroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By Seroth

I only try to S-Rank games I really like and...well... 

@Coombs said:

" @kevinski:
    No Caption Provided
    These are the First Ten people to S rank it on the 360 (On GB anyway)
    You might see my name on that list. :P
    Dragon4234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dragon4234
    @kevinski: Fuck that shit I've killed myself so many damn times with that trying to clear the other world challenges. I fire as soon as I hit the aim button and the game thinks I wanna shoot the goddamn floor and takes off 7/10 of my friggin' life.
    kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kevinski
    @Dragon4234 said:
    " @kevinski: Fuck that shit I've killed myself so many damn times with that trying to clear the other world challenges. I fire as soon as I hit the aim button and the game thinks I wanna shoot the goddamn floor and takes off 7/10 of my friggin' life. "
    Anytime that I died, I generally made a really, really stupid mistake. That usually involved trying to run past enemies, rather than killing them. They'd eventually all just gang up on me to the point where I couldn't fight them off. Oh, and there were several mishaps with the infinite RPG, but that's another story. XD
    NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NekuCTR

S-rank over here!

Vlaphor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Vlaphor

One thing that kind of pissed me off is that you do have to beat it three times just to S-Rank it.  Higher difficulties don't get you the lower achievements like they do in other games.  Also, the achievements in this game suck ass...it's just beat the game three times and collect all the cards.  I find this to be true with most low budget Japanese games, the lazy achievements. 

LazyPiranha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LazyPiranha
    @Vlaphor: Yeah, it's the same thing with EDF2017, another game which I hope to S rank whenever my sanity and better judgement finally leaves me for good.  
    Avatar image for deactivated-59694a80bc6d9
    deactivated-59694a80bc6d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I got the Japanese PS3 version because I live in Europe, I got all the trophies so that's like an S-Rank right?

kevinski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kevinski
    @Vlaphor said:
    " One thing that kind of pissed me off is that you do have to beat it three times just to S-Rank it.  Higher difficulties don't get you the lower achievements like they do in other games.  Also, the achievements in this game suck ass...it's just beat the game three times and collect all the cards.  I find this to be true with most low budget Japanese games, the lazy achievements.  "
    I don't think that budget plays a part. I seem to recall someone talking about how Japanese developers, for some reason, haven't taken to achievements in the same way that developers in other countries/regions have. They seem to be very uninspired, relying more on progression and less on true achievements.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Do you actually have to start a new playthrough to beat it on different difficulties, or can you just replay all the chapters on different difficulties with the same profile (and thus all my infinite ammo weapons)? I really don't want to lose my save with all the stuff I did (all the side quests, all the cards, and I even bought all of the cars because I had cash to burn). 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.