Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deadly Premonition

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Feb 23, 2010

An open-world action-adventure game following an eccentric FBI agent as he investigates a series of bizarre murders in the small rural town of Greenvale.

How long is this game?

DeepSpace9MM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By DeepSpace9MM

Like a lot of people I'm sure, I know next to jack and shit about this game but now am strangely curious thanks to the ER. Most of all though, I'm wondering just how long is this game? I'm not expecting Shin Megami Tensei length here or anything, but what fun is the endurance run if it's super short? I also apologize if this questions already been asked.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By luce

I heard 20 hours

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By renmckormack

its about 20 hours or so.  There are optional side missions for cash/items but you can balst through the quest pretty quickly.  However you will die a lot and the time between events kind of drags.  i.e. it takes forever to drive anywhere in the game.  Its like a mini open world old game mashed up with silent hill. 

RobotHamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By RobotHamster

Well whatever it is times that by two since there are two ER going on at the same time and thats how long it'll take.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By Lelcar

As much as I am completely pumped for this and want to watch it everyday, they probably should have spread out the episodes to like bi-weekly to make the ERs last longer.
    larryrules138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By larryrules138

If you just power through the story without doing any/many side missions, it's about 20 hours. If you do absolutely everything there is to do, it's about 40 hours. The guy who wrote the DP review for 1UP clocked in like 42 hours.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#7  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Also, the difficulty achievements don't stack. So, if you're going for the full 1000, you have to play through it three times.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By beargirl1
    @Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    " Also, the difficulty achievements don't stack. So, if you're going for the full 1000, you have to play through it three times. "
    is it even good enough to play through three times and still enjoy it? i'm wondering since you said it was good. 
    jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By jeffgoldblum
    @Lelcar said:
    " As much as I am completely pumped for this and want to watch it everyday, they probably should have spread out the episodes to like bi-weekly to make the ERs last longer. "
    For all we know it will only be released on mondays and fridays.
    larryrules138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By larryrules138
    @JeffGoldblum said:

" @Lelcar said:

" As much as I am completely pumped for this and want to watch it everyday, they probably should have spread out the episodes to like bi-weekly to make the ERs last longer. "

For all we know it will only be released on mondays and fridays. "
    I'm pretty sure in one of the videos they mentioned there being a new video tomorrow (Tuesday)

" @Sleepy_Insomniac said:

" Also, the difficulty achievements don't stack. So, if you're going for the full 1000, you have to play through it three times. "
    is it even good enough to play through three times and still enjoy it? i'm wondering since you said it was good.  "
      I just beat this game a month ago and this ER has put me in the mood to play it again, seriously. It's just an absurd game and it's mad enjoyable for some reason despite most of it being subpar. It's hard to explain. Just keep watching.
    Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#11  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    @AjayRaz said:

" @Sleepy_Insomniac said:

is it even good enough to play through three times and still enjoy it? i'm wondering since you said it was good.  "
    Right now, it's something I don't want to commit to, but I am willing to go through it two more times just to experience the higher difficulties and collect missing cards, items, etc. The biggest drag about playing the game another time is knowing exactly how the story will unfold. It doesn't dick around with setting up a sequel or different endings, it has a logical (and thankfully complete) conclusion. The actual gameplay is the worst part of it, and the prospect of playing those parts alone is really unappealing.

That's not rescinding my opinion that the game is good however; I honestly do believe the story is one of the best and makes the gameplay (which isn't all that terrible) worth tolerating.
    luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By luce

This endurance run will probably last around 5 weeks if they don't quit or die often

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.