Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Def Jam Rapstar

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Oct 05, 2010

Grab the mic and prove you got swagger in this hip-hop-focused music game from 4mm Games and Terminal Reality.

My problem with Def Jam Rapstar

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By buzz_killington

That a song like this will never appear in the game:

And if you're making a game that's only differentiator is the fact that "yo you rap", then what the fuck is the point? No one wants to rap along with new jacks like Drake. And no one wants to rap radio edits of Ice Cube songs. 

No one.
    blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By blair

Well, a lot of people want to rap along with Drake, but that's not the point of this response.  Rappers like Notorious and Biz will be featured, so that's a win, as far as I'm concerned.  It may not the perfect, definitive rap game, but it still has me genuinely excited.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By buzz_killington
    @Blair: I guess some people would like to rap along with Drake, but I really thought this game was going to be a hard "M" and the definitive rap game, as you said. I thought that's how Def Jam rolls, because in all EA Def Jam games, the soundtrack was uncensored.
    blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By blair
    @buzz_killington:  I thought the jury was still out on the censorship vs 'M' rating?  I hope that it ends up being a hard 'M' game but I have no idea what they plan to do.  Lastly, Def Jam isn't very hard anymore, they've become too mainstream to maintain street cred.
    PoppaKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By PoppaKyle

I know what you mean. It's probably gonna be all new mainstream rap/pop. I'll wait to see the track list before I buy. I don't really wanna do any Kid Cudi or Lil Wayne songs (No offense to people who like them, it's not my kinda music) 

I'm hoping for some Wu-Tang, Nas, Organized Konfusion, DMX, Obie Trice, Bone Thugs, Public Enemy. But Meth and Red were in a trailer so that means some Wu-Tang and Red!  

We'll see.
    PoppaKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By PoppaKyle

Also i'll be very dissapoint if there's no KRS One in the game..

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.