Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Destiny has box art!

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon
    No Caption Provided

Art style is looking great, then again Bungie created Halo, which I always loved its art style. These new enemies are some of the coolest looking things I have seen since, well, Elites!

If the picture does not display.

Edit: Well I can't post in the thread because of the flags but none the less the game sounds ambitious, it could potentially be amazing, and these new creatures look freaking awesome. Also, I was refreshing because it was having issues with being posted errors and what not, I was also checking the forum to make sure it was not, but looks like it eventually did...

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#2  Edited By Yummylee
    No Caption Provided

Man, you're really excited about this box art aren't ya? :P

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Considering it isn't even box art, it still looks bad

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Blu3V3nom07
    No Caption Provided

MistaSparkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By MistaSparkle

I think it looks pretty cool. Or at least the guy closest does...the guy in the back looks a lot less badass.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By SomeDeliCook

Looks like Elites

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By mrfluke
    cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By cmblasko

I'm expecting big things from this. Pretty excited, even based on the scant amount of information made public.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I await your post on the menu screen music.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd say it promo poster

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Promo art is more like it. Also, they are doing something set in a sci-fi universe again or so it seems which seems really disappointing. Hopefully I'm wrong?

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I don't know how I feel about that enemy design. They look like if a Helghast fucked a Grunt, then took some fashion advice from some dumb anime Gundam fanboys.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mrfluke

@somedelicook@demoskinos@project343@damisterchief @extomar @gamer_152@mistasparkle: @nightriff: @cmblasko@big_jon:said:

I'm expecting big things from this. Pretty excited, even based on the scant amount of information made public.

well heres the latest info dump.

comes to us from those sons of bitches at neogaf, seems they got a hold of the destiny preorder materials which includes a synopsis, of what i assume is the set up for the game.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513574

case you bros dont wanna go on the link. heres the synopsis that the neogaf users got from destructoid.

No Caption Provided

here's a statue of a destiny character design that according to neogaf was tweeted out by a journalist

No Caption Provided

and this to me looks like the actual box art. ( picture below, came from said neogaf thread)

No Caption Provided

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#14 gamer_152  Moderator

Well, it's not the box art, but I can't say it's particularly grabbing me.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I don't know how I feel about that enemy design. They look like if a Helghast fucked a Grunt, then took some fashion advice from some dumb anime Gundam fanboys.

I hate Gundam and Anime, I love this look. I will have to wait and see what I think about the other stuff though.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@mrfluke: Create a character? Well that's interesting. Hope to hell this comes to Steam.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cannot wait to see actual gameplay! I love Bungie games and this game gives me the vibe of open world FPS monster hunter which I would be so damn into.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mrfluke

@theht: what ive read about this game has this game pegged for this gen consoles only (with a possible port to the "nextbox"). and rumors suggest the next destiny games will come to PC.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/article/bungie-s-destiny-isn-t-coming-pc-concept-art-suggests

http://www.polygon.com/2012/11/27/3699650/destiny-leaked-images-bungie

the leaked stuff suggest that this game is the 1st of 4 planned games, and this series is being published by activision of all people, so i wouldnt be surprised if thats true that the other destiny games will come to PC.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh exclusivity... you continue to make no sense to my wallet.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can't wait until we get some more info about this game!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ArtisanBreads

All the great art I've seen for this game already, and the cover is quite bland. But oh well.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks kinda awesome and all the leaked info seems super interesting, but I think they should just announce it already.

Seriously, this industry takes forever to do anything at all. Stuff constantly leaks and there are teasers for other teasers. By the time they finally announce stuff, everybody kinda sorta knows about it.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks alright, nothing mindblowing.. Also I hope they change the name, I can see it as a working title but if it's really the final name then it's pretty lame.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Looks alright, nothing mindblowing.. Also I hope they change the name, I can see it as a working title but if it's really the final name then it's pretty lame.

Easy to remember single word titles are great! Unless it's called Dick, then it's more than great.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

@nilazz said:

@probablytuna said:

Easy to remember single word titles are great! Unless it's called Dick, then it's more than great.

No Caption Provided

Dicks' pretty good.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

I like the art style no matter what the box art is or isn't

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mrfluke

@superfriend: well your in luck! as they are going to officially unveil the game tommorow!

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@superfriend: well your in luck! as they are going to officially unveil the game tommorow!

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

I think it looks pretty cool.

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks cool enough.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#32  Edited By wefwefasdf

It looks great! I'm looking forward to seeing more.

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

I know! Edge of my seat right here!! I really hope it turns out to be the spiritual successor to Halo a lot of people want. Just.. no MMO, please. At least not with a monthly fee.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Quarters

I really hope it's not just Halo 2.0. We already have games exactly like the old Halos with the new Halos.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

I know! Edge of my seat right here!! I really hope it turns out to be the spiritual successor to Halo a lot of people want. Just.. no MMO, please. At least not with a monthly fee.

i really hope its no monthly fee, but im wagering its gonna be in the style of borderlands minus the "attitude" that borderlands is known for..

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@superfriend said:

@mrfluke said:

i really hope its no monthly fee, but im wagering its gonna be in the style of borderlands minus the "attitude" that borderlands is known for..

So maybe it has decent writing?

And I sure hope the combat is dynamic like Halo vs what Borderlands feels like. I am pretty sure it will be.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@superfriend said:

@mrfluke said:

And I sure hope the combat is dynamic like Halo vs what Borderlands feels like. I am pretty sure it will be.

these are the original halo guys, i will be shocked if their gameplay puzzle is not in some form in destiny

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@artisanbreads said:

@mrfluke said:

@superfriend said:

@mrfluke said:

these are the original halo guys, i will be shocked if their gameplay puzzle is not in some form in destiny

Yeah I agree. I kind of feel like it may be a bit more CoD like in how it handles, but I could be wrong. I kind of hope that is the case (mainly, I mean players won't have big meaty shields and stuff).

But there are supposedly vehicles and everything so I'm expecting a Halo like feel to that.

WarlordPayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always connected, breaks traditional multiplayer, and the social activities makes me think of Demon's/Dark Souls.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrfluke said:

@artisanbreads said:

@mrfluke said:

@superfriend said:

@mrfluke said:

Yeah I agree. I kind of feel like it may be a bit more CoD like in how it handles, but I could be wrong. I kind of hope that is the case (mainly, I mean players won't have big meaty shields and stuff).

But there are supposedly vehicles and everything so I'm expecting a Halo like feel to that.

yea that would be good if they actually evolved the foundation of halos sandbox style gameplay

i have huge expectations for this game, especially with how i thought 343 blew it with halo 4. when like the prometheans i thought were a crappy addition to the halo sandbox.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.