Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Still playing?

R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Any bombers still playing this game? What keeps you coming back?

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By HH

i got to level 27 on my first run with the game, then moved on to something else, then got back into it about a month ago, and i've been playing the shit out of it since, getting my daily bounties done efficiently, leveling up my guns, then playing crucible, and doing raids, i've had a few good sessions with groups on mics, but even without, the new matchmade weekly heroic strike is awesome, properly challenging where you have to play smart, look out for eachother, and treat every last enemy with respect if you want to make it through. it feels to me it's what the game was balanced for, and all in all the variations in build and loadout continue to become apparent.

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm working on getting my gear upgraded. I keep coming back, for some reason. I honestly love the feel of the guns and the shooting of stuff is sooooooo fun and feels so good. But, the grind is hard to deal with.

I'm inching towards 30, which is pretty good considering I don't kill myself grinding and I work 40 hours a week, so my game time has been split between Destiny, Hotline Miami 2, and Dark Souls. Right now I have 3 weapon bounties and they all require Crucible play (UGH) which I suck at, so that should be fun...

Anyway, I really like the game, I love how it feels to play, the grind isn't so bad. Oh, and I love collecting shaders and capes for my hunter. :D

Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Brundage

Have three maxed out characters, one for each class. 300 hours total and almost have all the loot. Only hopping on to play the nightfalls and weeklys for the coins. So only playing a couple hours a week.

I think at this point, most dedicated players are just waiting for the next expansion to drop.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I spent the first three months of release playing it obsessively doing all the daily quests every day on all three characters and then raids on the weekends with friends. I was hooked on that shit and everything I did sort of became clockwork. Eventually The Dark Below came out and while I played through all the missions, did numerous weekly strikes and reached max rank with Morn, I never once finished Crota's End (legitimately anyway) and since my friends and I weren't that great, Hard Mode was even well, harder. At that point I was pretty burnt out and finally stopped playing. Now occasionally I go on to check what Xur has, waiting for the day Gjallerhorn comes back on sale.

Hestilllives19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#6  Edited By Hestilllives19

I'm well over 800 hours into Destiny, please don't make me look at the real numbers, I may cry. 32 Warlock, Hunter, and Titan with almost all of the Exotic armor (last two weeks Xur helped me finish the collection with Skullfort and Apotheosis, have had all armors but deleted the awful ones like Helm of Dire Ahamkara) and only a few useless pieces unleveled. All subclasses finished long ago. I have every useful Exotic/Raid gun in the game except Black Hammer and Truth (destroyed Praeydyth's Timepiece, Dragon's Breath, Universal Remote and Pocket Infinity because they are awful and running out of vault/character space). We run only on Tuesday reset now and mainly just Crota Normal for the secondaries several of us are missing, but just once through and checkpoint at Deathsinger for 3 characters. If we run Crota Hard, it's late in the week and for giggles cause only a few of my guys need Crux left and those that do don't really care because the Necrocasm is a garbage gun and a pain to level up. Besides that we do Nightfall's together on Tuesday and Weekly's on our own with Matchmaking. Check Xur on the weekend and that's about it. Down to 2-5 hours a week, Nightfall difficulty or boredom dependent (may run VoG for fun if we are bored), but that is down from the 10-15 hours a week we use to play together. Slowly beating back the addiction.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Rafaelfc

If I could I would burn my digital version to disc and set it on fire, I hate this game so much.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

I came back for a bit because I got it in my head that I really wanted a Thorn after playing a few sessions with a buddy. Played for a few days until I got a Exotic Bounty and it was like... the same shit that I had last time I had one. And I went back to not really play it again. I dip back in and play the new content, then I dip back out.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#9  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I gave up on it some time in November. I returned for about an hour when that first DLC was released but that didn't catch my interest. I think I reached level 25 or so.

Destiny did reinvigorate my interest in Defiance though. I think that game does pretty much everything Destiny set out to do, but did it alright.

I even consciously held off playing the final campaign mission for a couple of weeks just to have an excuse to play the other stuff in the game, since I kinda knew I'd never return to it if I finished it.

sodapop7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still playing every week. Upgrading stuff and playing with friends is keeping me going, but it's starting to slow down from what I was doing a month or so ago. Need CTF or the next expansion to come out soon. Seriously just give me CTF.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

@rafaelfc said:

If I could I would burn my digital version to disc and set it on fire, I hate this game so much.

I can sympathize.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By pyrodactyl

Hell no. You can only do that hard mode raid so many times before you find it tedious as fuck. Especially for such a suck ass reward. They could bring some new events in, make an epic version of VoG or buff the garbage exotic weapons we got for the expansion but that would be fun and we don't want that. How about we nerf stuff some more? Urg...

They totally fucked PvP too by giving everyone a broken shotgun that you can reroll to get the most broken perks on. Having 1 option for your secondary slot to stay competitive is not good game design Bungie.

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

I have to force myself to play it at this point. The grinding is insane and the content is repetitive.

studioerebus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I didn't even make it to the Moon I was so bored. At least my white PS4 still looks nice...

porjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I haven't played since last year (maybe 150-200 hours), but I have been thinking about some PS4 trophy runs for it lately. Fake gaming points are the only thing to get me back.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. Last time I started it was...eh, sometime last year. I had some good fun playing it with people I somehow knew, but when I didn't really have time to commit to it myself and others outleveled me, I gave up on it. Never even finished the original campaign, which probably wasn't a huge loss. I sure wish I would've gone with physical instead of digital...especially instead of the digital deluxe edition I bought when I was still riding the hype-train.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By ozzdog12

uhh....No....I'm actually surprised people still do, but then again people still play the first MW, so who knows anymore

whitegreyblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

Sadly, these are my feelings as well. I can't believe I was so foolish as to buy the $99 digital edition. I re-installed the game in Dec when The Dark Below DLC came out, played about an hour, and deleted the game again. I got $60 worth of play, but certainly not $100.

For me it was an experiment into buying a big AAA release digitally on console, and I regretted it almost immediately once I started playing. I could have traded a physical copy in within the first month and recouped about $30-40.

TeamJersey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, hell yes. I have a crew that pretty much only plays the nightfall strikes and the raid's now. I still think the raid's are some of the most satisfying co op experiences that I have had playing games with my friends. Just a lot of fun. Still leveling some guns. I am pretty sure Bloodborne will take me away from playing it as much for now, but I will be back for House of Wolves.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By ajamafalous

375 hours, though for the last month or so I've been into other stuff so I haven't really done anything besides the Nightfalls and the raid. I have a 32 and two 31s. If House of Wolves had come out in March like it was originally planned, I don't think as many people would feel as burned out as they do. Here's to hoping that the HoW delay was worth it; if it comes out and it's just the same amount of content as TDB (datamining points to yes) and the strikes and raid are as bad/bland, then I don't think many people are going to stick around to buy into Comet on faith alone. Bungie ran out of good will with even their hardcore playerbase a while ago.

FidusLingura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I'm still playing. Over 300 hours in and have 3 high level characters on both ps4 and xbox one.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Played regularly with a crew doing Raid runs every weekend and generally playing together during the week. When the first expansion came out I took a long hard look at how much time I spent on the game and what I honestly had to show for it - decided to not get the expansion and stopped playing Destiny completely. In the end I'm glad I put it aside, because it was dozens of hours going into a game that was at best baiting me forward and at worst downright abusing my time.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23  Edited By theacidskull

I only play it when I want to kill time. I've purchased non of the DLC or expansions. I just kill a bunch of dudes in the crucible while watching some easy TV shows like parks and rec.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. I got to level 28 and was playing pretty regularly, then one day realized i didn't feel like doing boring bounties and haven't played again since. And the release of the new 40$ of on disk DLC has probably kept me from ever going back to it.

rand0mZer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I come back to it from time to time. I bought the limited edition so despite how I feel about it, I feel like I should get my monies worth and play all of the expansions. I do like the game though gameplay wise, it's just the story and the grinding that really made it difficult for me to play on a daily or even a semi-daily basis.

Junkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Junkboy

Last weekly/raid/nightfall/ect was end of Feb for me. Have my 32 lock and 31 titan/Hunter but have the gear and mats for one to hit 32 if I want. Though I did log in for hardlight a few weeks ago, only missing hawkmoon and four barrel shotty from DLC for complete collection.

There just isn't enough end game and I found better podcasts/catching up on tv show games to play.

I like many others feel like a fool for buying season pass. I don't think I will go back for the next "expansion" and doubt I'll ever trust Bungie. I don't expect to play destiny 2 either they burned that bridge with me.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.