Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Destiny

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Sep 09, 2014

Shoot your way across the solar system to level up and collect new loot in this multiplayer-focused first-person shooter from Bungie and Activision.

Taken King for Someone Who Only Owns the Base Game

Avatar image for vincentblackrose
    VincentBlackrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Hey there,

I own the base Destiny game only (no DLCs) and was wondering if I buy the "Legendary Edition" can I add that content onto the account I already have or does the game expect you to create a new one with the game? I poked around their website and the Amazon page but couldn't find any definitive answers.

Thanks for any help!

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yeah, the account is linked to your PSN. You could actually sign in from anywhere that has your PSN and Destiny installed.

Since it's linked to your PSN, all the content you purchase underneath your PSN follows the account. Example: I can play Destiny at my brother's house with all expansions unlocked, because I bought the Collector's Edition. He only owns the base game on his account, so, even though the DLC is on the machine, he doesn't have access to it because his PSN isn't registered as having purchased it.

Avatar image for vincentblackrose
    VincentBlackrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By VincentBlackrose

Well I more meant like if I bought the physical disc and put it in my PS4, would I be able to continue to use the character I already have? Buying the DLC and Taken King on top of what I own seems to be more expensive at this point so I was hoping to just buy the package.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I believe all physical editions of The Taken King is just a download code. The only disc with it is the base game. If you're not getting the Collectors Edition you might as well just get the download version.

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@vincentblackrose: Yes. Whether or not you're using a disk, your PSN ID is what's important. You could sign in on any PS4 with Destiny installed or in the disk tray, as long as the PS4 has your Playstation account linked with it.

BoFooQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By BoFooQ

I am in similar boat. I have base destiny and no DLC, what if I buy taken king, do I get 2 old DLC too? I will not buy anything till it comes out and I see what it actually is, but I'm interested. I'm also interested to see what my base game will turn into with all new patch and PvP stuff.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.