Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Oct 22, 2013

The Director's Cut of Deus Ex: Human Revolution features redone boss battles, improved graphics, A.I. and combat, and all DLC released for the original game. The Wii U version makes use of the controller's screen to allow new features like map notes.

Fix for the bad PC performance (Nvidia and SLI users)

Strathy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Strathy

The QA on this game was clearly not strong.... Anyway, these fixes solved 100% of my performance issues. There are different registry fixes floating around but they did not fully fix the problem in my case.

FIRST FIX

Taken from Steam forums and Guru3d forums.

In regedit open:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC and locate AllowJobStealing - set it to 0

For NVIDIA owners - in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eidos\Deus Ex: HRDC\Graphics locate AtiForceFetch4 - set it to 0

SECOND FIX (For Nvidia SLI users only)

The game flat out does not possess an SLI profile (at the time of posting this), but you can use the one for the original Deus Ex: Human Revolution without anything catching fire too dramatically. Just find the original Deus Ex SLI profile in whatever SLI profile manager you use and add the Directors Cut executable to it.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

It's weird how this happened again for the game. This was a problem with the original release (same fix as well) that was patched out within the first week or so. The fact that this issue popped up again makes me wonder if the directors cut was worked on an unpatched version of the game. Also, since the original version of the game was fixed, this makes me wonder how long it is going to take to get a new patch out for the directors cut.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Directors Cut is the first version of the vanilla game, im guessing theyll patch it again at some point.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.