Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Another Boss Thread: Namir

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Scotto

The other boss fights in this game were frustrating, and out of place, but they were at least doable. This guy is the worst thing about a game I otherwise like a lot.

And for reasons I won't go into, I also don't have access to any of my augmentations for the fight.

God Eidos, what possessed you to put boss fights in this game? You'll spend an entire mission sneaking around like a ghost, only to be forced to fight one character with an insane amount of health, as well as infinite grenades and cloaking ability, for no justifiable reason. It begs so many questions from a fiction that is otherwise pretty solid.

- Scott

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EuanDewar

Yeah Boss fights in general seemed like a bad idea for this kind of game.

- Euan.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Example1013

Leaving a comment and my name.

-Example1013

Scotto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Scotto

I don't know what the deal is with this website, and people being unable to get past the fact that I sign my posts with my name. It's a firmly ingrained habit from my Usenet days, and it's perfectly harmless.

- Scott

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By iDarktread
    @Scotto said:

I don't know what the deal is with this website, and people being unable to get past the fact that I sign my posts with my name. It's a firmly ingrained habit from my Usenet days, and it's perfectly harmless.

You should add that exact line to your mini-bio.
    Stahlbrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Stahlbrand

There is ammo in the boxes the sculptures stand on. I just did it this evening with a hard-stealth spec'd character, and it took about a dozen tries.

Tough stuff for sure, EMP didn't seem to phase him much, and that was all I was carrying grenade/mine-wise. X-ray vision and target marking helped keep track of him, so I could run off and recover health.

Only other advice I can offer is; don't over-invest in attacks, if you stand too close for too long, he'll throw 'nades behind you and then you'll be stuck between his super-damaging weapon and the grenades.

-My Name is at the Top of This Post

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
    tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By tim_the_corsair

Tim

- amidoinitrite?

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Clonedzero

i ran into a corner and covered ever direction possible with frag mines, when one blew i fired my SMG aimlessly in that direction it worked really well, i killed him second try.

-clonedzero

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MiniPato

Stay in cover around corners and pop out and shoot him when you see him, then run to the another corner of the room. Real easy if you have the revolver with explosive rounds since you don't have to be too accurate. If you played stealthily, keep playing stealthily, sometimes it works. Same thing with the first boss too. Stealth was out of the option on the second boss though.

SlashDance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SlashDance

Remember that you can save your game whenever you want, even in the middle of a boss fight.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#11  Edited By Legend

He's not that bad. You just need to be patient. Use the see through walls augmentation to locate him. Shoot him a few times with your most powerful weapon, and quickly run away. Use health and energy items often. Rinse and repeat.

- Legend (Why are we doing this again?

bcjohnnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By bcjohnnie

The boss fights take me out of the game so much... I can deal with the crappy enemy AI, and the not-so-great controls, since most of this game still feels so much like Deus Ex to me... the story is unfolding very nicely, and there is a lot of good detail in here.

Personally, I think this game would at least deserve a GOTY mention if they hadn't messed up these boss fights so bad. I suspect that once October/November rolls around everyone will forget about Deus Ex anyway.

These boss fights might be the most disappointing thing I've ever seen in a videogame that I completely enjoy otherwise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.