Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

Going back to Derelict Row (Pls. no spoilers)

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GaspoweR

I finished the Cloak and Dagger side quest as well as disabling the signal jammer, both missions requiring you to go to Derelict Row. So initially I went through those missions with stealth and never got detected. I knocked out gang members only when needed and proceeded to avoid most of them. Later on, there came a point that we were going to head to Hengsha. Soooooo...I went back to Derelict Row to gain more xp and just toy around with the enemies with my newly acquired wall punch augmentation. I decided to go through the abandoned building route which required said aug and the fall damage prevention aug. My character was spec'd to be non lethal since I was actually gunning for the no kills achievement...

HOWEVER, I failed to anticipate the consequence of getting the wall punch augmentation. After eagerly awaiting to use the wall punch and take out a fool who was going to be on the other side of the wall, I saw Jensen punch the entire wall down and grab the banger's head and proceeded to turn it, snapping the vertebrae. Needless to say, I was shocked. I did not anticipate before hand that said move was lethal. Naturally, I would just quick load to the previous save and re do it all over again but I realized that killing said fool gave me a feeling of catharsis. After spending a long time NOT taking out an entire compound of fools, this was my chance to do it, without the fear of not getting the extra xp for getting caught. So then I decided in my mind to "FUCK STEALTH, I'M TAKING OUT ALL OF YOU, GANG BANGERS." I proceeded to clean out the entire compound with my non-lethal weapons but instead of using the stun take down, I decided to use my elbow knives for the first time and it felt GREAT.

So there ends my story...How about you duders? Got any similar DEHR stories?

mfpantst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mfpantst

word.  Awesome story.  I've killed a couple civies here and there because I was worried they'd see me hax0ring..

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By TheHT

pretty much my favourite thing to do is get off a headshot and then immediately elbow blade another enemy. i imagine dual takedowns are almost as satisfying. not really a story, but hey, the combat isn't nearly as meh as reviews say.

Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 28

#4  Edited By Legend

Near the end of the game, I couldn't find a character that one of the secondary missions requires you to talk to. That was mainly because there were a lot of enemies in that area and I wasn't free to look wherever I want without confronting them. I played the entire game without killing anyone up to this point. So, what I did was save, use my upgraded laser rifle and two enemy takedown aug to kill everyone that dared to stand in my way; find where the person I needed to talk to was located and then load my save now that I knew where he was. Adam Jensen can be one badass motherfucker.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I was trying to sneak through one level, then I saw an enemy looking out a window  and I had to shoot him. I did, and his brains were all over the glass. It was neat.

mesoian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By mesoian

@GaspoweR said:

I finished the Cloak and Dagger side quest as well as disabling the signal jammer, both missions requiring you to go to Derelict Row. So initially I went through those missions with stealth and never got detected. I knocked out gang members only when needed and proceeded to avoid most of them. Later on, there came a point that we were going to head to Hengsha. Soooooo...I went back to Derelict Row to gain more xp and just toy around with the enemies with my newly acquired wall punch augmentation. I decided to go through the abandoned building route which required said aug and the fall damage prevention aug. My character was spec'd to be non lethal since I was actually gunning for the no kills achievement...

HOWEVER, I failed to anticipate the consequence of getting the wall punch augmentation. After eagerly awaiting to use the wall punch and take out a fool who was going to be on the other side of the wall, I saw Jensen punch the entire wall down and grab the banger's head and proceeded to turn it, snapping the vertebrae. Needless to say, I was shocked. I did not anticipate before hand that said move was lethal. Naturally, I would just quick load to the previous save and re do it all over again but I realized that killing said fool gave me a feeling of catharsis. After spending a long time NOT taking out an entire compound of fools, this was my chance to do it, without the fear of not getting the extra xp for getting caught. So then I decided in my mind to "FUCK STEALTH, I'M TAKING OUT ALL OF YOU, GANG BANGERS." I proceeded to clean out the entire compound with my non-lethal weapons but instead of using the stun take down, I decided to use my elbow knives for the first time and it felt GREAT.

So there ends my story...How about you duders? Got any similar DEHR stories?

It's funny, I did the same thing at this particular part.

For some reason, all the guys I had knocked out before were still knocked out, but Derelict Row is a confusing place to navagate, so I ended up alerting a bunch of gang members after taking the wrong turn. Rather than reloading, I just said "Oh forget it" and started whipping LAMs at them. I ended up killing the rest of the gang members who weren't knocked out.

I think it's because the AI isn't very good and you still have to sneak around them that it feels like you're placating the game a lot. Not doing that makes things easier, but it's very limiting. But to be able to do both methods as a sort of "end of level" experience was a nice palette clenser.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By GaspoweR

@FancySoapsMan said:

I was trying to sneak through one level, then I saw an enemy looking out a window and I had to shoot him. I did, and his brains were all over the glass. It was neat.

I have a feeling this has some underlying meaning or joke that I'm supposed to see but I can't...but what the hell. Doing said move on dumb AI opponents feels like they deserved it...since they are dumb.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.