Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

I just made up my mind I bought this one steam, Advice is needed.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DonPixel

I just made up my mind I bought this one ON steam, Advice is needed.

I was playing Deus HR the rented version on the 360 but I don't want to rush myself trough the content, Long story short my wallet is hurt again but my heart is happy.

My questions are the following:

-Is there a meaningful difference in going sneaky or gun nuts in later missions? do this modify the outcome of the game or opens new content?

-What argumentations are the most useful for early game? I was stuck trying to get into the police station for a while and it was very annoying I wasted my points in Armor instead of Hacking.

Overall does, don't and should would be apreciated

Also is there a way to tweak the visuals for other than the in game menu? can't seem to find a guide.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#2  Edited By alistercat

The most useful augment to take early is the speech upgrade (only 2 points and can be very helpful), upgrading your hacking level so you can hack higher level doors or the hacking stealth upgrade so taking nodes is easier.

Not being seen, not killing guards and stuff has minor effects for ambient dialogue and in some cases reactions from main characters. In several missions whether or not you are seen or kill guards effects rewards. Experience is the main reason to not be seen and not kill. Takedowns offer the most, especially if they are double takedowns.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Hacking is definitely SUPER useful, and I would recommend getting it up to level five as soon as possible (and when specifically talking about the police station, the easier approach is to convince the guy at the front desk to let you in, but I'm going to guess that it's already too late for that).  

And I would recommend being stealthy and using non-lethal weapons/melee takedowns when possible, because you get way more XP, and even with armor upgrades, Jensen can still die pretty quickly. You should carry something like a combat rifle for boss fights though, and upgrade it when you can. 

No clue on visual settings, as I played the PS3 version, which didn't have anything like that. 

Edit: Also, if you're like me, and you want to find EVERYTHING in this game, then you're going to need to get the high jump and level five hacking skills before Jensen leaves Detroit. Probably the Icarus thing too. Not sure if that's needed. Well, I needed it, because I kept falling off buildings, but that's beside the point. Oh, and the lifting heavy stuff one too. 

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Vinny_Says

Dude, the game is so easy you can get by with only 3 augments.

But play it on normal first, because jumping in on hard will just make you confused. You can just talk your way into the police station too and sneaking by dudes will net you some good xp.

RavenX302

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By RavenX302

early things to focus on is speech, hacking, and depending on the way you play, upgrading your storage size. I also found the double takedown aug very useful and if you are going stealth i would focus on invisibility aug with a faster battery charge. I wouldn't even bother upgrading more batteries and I never found the 6 stealth augs useful at all. The jumping and falling augs a very useful later on and can open different avenues. If you are going through all the side stuff and buying kits then you won't have any shortage of aug upgrades before too long.

TwilitEnd656

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TwilitEnd656

Aside from the earlier missions where how people react to you killing or sparing dudes, going sneaky may result in more XP, depending on your play. Smooth Operator (1000) for going through sections without raising alarms, Ghost (500) for going through without being seen, coupled with melee knockouts result in a good amount of XP compared to killing dudes (is what I experienced).

Hacking augs, specifically the main hacking and stealth are pretty good to nab early on. Inventory space is dependent on just how much you think you'll even carry; spend points for those as you see fit. I hoard quite a bit, so I got it fairly early. Aside from those, it's hard to really tell you unless you know how you're going to play. I'll just list stealth, since that's how I played. Obvious cloaking augment aside, the actual stealth augments are non-essential, perhaps aside from vision cones, considering they're pretty much just add-ons to give slightly more information (noise range, mark and track which is almost pointless thanks to your radar). CASIE, the social aug, quite honestly, is pretty useless; if you listen to what characters are saying you should have NO problem saying all the right things. I... Think that's all I have to say on that.

And there's no way to tweak graphics other than the actual visual options from my understanding.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By The_Nubster

I would concentrate on making yourself an accessible motherfucker. Upgrade your hacking, do the wall punch and picking up heavy things, long-drop, anything to give yourself option. Except for boss fights, you can often step back and bypass all enemies if you have the right augs. Double takedown is useful for min-maxing XP points, if you want to go to that extreme.

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By valrog

I invested my early Praxis points into Cybernetic Arm Prosthesis and Hacking. Moving heavy objects is definitely a great advantage, as well is a bigger inventory. Hacking is useful for gaining access to a lot of rooms and it will net you a lot of XP. Also, if you're not using weapons but Take-Downs, then definitely get the Multiple Take-Down augmentation. Otherwise just get steady aim and reduced recoil augs. Other than that, I don't really feel other augs are vital. Though I am playing on Normal.

@AlisterCat said:

The most useful augment to take early is the speech upgrade (only 2 points and can be very helpful), upgrading your hacking level so you can hack higher level doors or the hacking stealth upgrade so taking nodes is easier.

I never felt the need to use the Social Enhancer.
    megalowho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By megalowho

Speech, level 3 hacking, and if you want to find hidden areas for more items/XP, get the jump/heavy lift/heavy punch/falling augments early as well. All are useful from start to finish.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DonPixel

@valrog said:

I invested my early Praxis points into Cybernetic Arm Prosthesis and Hacking. Moving heavy objects is definitely a great advantage, as well is a bigger inventory. Hacking is useful for gaining access to a lot of rooms and it will net you a lot of XP. Also, if you're not using weapons but Take-Downs, then definitely get the Multiple Take-Down augmentation. Otherwise just get steady aim and reduced recoil augs. Other than that, I don't really feel other augs are vital. Though I am playing on Normal.

@AlisterCat said:

I never felt the need to use the Social Enhancer.

Is the Social Enhacer somewhat similar to the speech skill in Fallout 3 or FONV? In regards You do need certain skill level to open and succeed in some tree conversations?

valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By valrog
    @DonPixel: I managed to talk myself into the police station without it. It does make the dialog a lot easier, but it's definitely not required. Though I must add it adds a lot to the conversation system.
    MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By MooseyMcMan
    @DonPixel: The Social Enhancer will (in certain conversations) give you text about the other person's personality, and show meters that can fill during the course of the conversation that show you what type of personality he/she has. And it sometimes have another meter that shows how well you have persuaded them. Then, at certain points in the conversation, it gives you the option to emit pheromones to sway the person's opinion, and you pick which pheromone based on the personality type meters.  

It's moderately useful, but the early conversations are straightforward enough that I didn't think it was necessary. Later in the game though, they do get tougher, and there's at least one instance I can think of (in a side quest) where you cannot convince someone without the aug.
    DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DonPixel

@valrog: @MooseyMcMan: Gotcha, awessome thank you!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By 137

I am finding the stealth cloaking mod to be worthless at the moment, it drains the batteries FAST. I am playing the game a second time on easy, I noticed when on higher difficulties it just makes some of the AI a tad smarter, and throws more camera's and robots into situations.

Hacking is at level 4, stealth hacking is maxed out, and fortify is maxed out, the preview hack is worthless imo. I think I'll play through one more time on the hardest difficulty but I'm killing motherfuckers on that playthrough, doing the nice guy solid snake playthrough right now. but crossbow, head shots up the ass is coming soon.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By spankingaddict

Don't take the upgrades too seriously ! But you should purchase the hacking and dialog augments, 1st . HAVE FUN !!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.