Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Aug 23, 2011

Human Revolution is the third game in the Deus Ex series, a prequel where players take control of augmented security officer Adam Jensen, and investigate attacks against Sarif Industries, a leader in augmentation technology.

PC version not being handled in-house.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Meltac

In a recent interview with Shacknews it came out that the PC version of Deus Ex: Human Revolution is not being handled by Eidos Montreal themselves. Personally I think this is a little bit troubling, since it usually ends in a rather poor version of the game, when it is being handed out to another developer. The developer taking care of the PC version is the Netherland based studio Nixxes Software, who recently helped make the PC versions of Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light and Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, which both aren't completely bad ports, so maybe the PC version could still turn out great, even though the focus is on the console versions.  

So what is your take on this?  

Source

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By august

Not good news.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Enigma777

Consoles are the future, baby!

zameer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By zameer
    @Meltac: I play GoL on my gamepad but it's a surprisingly solid PC port. It's quite a feat when you consider the fact that it's a dual-joystick shooter! 

So while this isn't fantastic news I have some faith in those Dutchmen.
    Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By Marz

:(

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Meltac
    @zameer: I haven't played GoL, but I played and completed Dog Days on the PC, and had zero problems, so I have some hope. 
    Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Scrawnto
    @zameer said:
    " @Meltac: I play GoL on my gamepad but it's a surprisingly solid PC port. It's quite a feat when you consider the fact that it's a dual-joystick shooter!  So while this isn't fantastic news I have some faith in those Dutchmen. "
    Same. It does mean that the game will feel very consolish, but it should be a solid port.
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#8  Edited By BeachThunder

Well, unfortunately, I don't think the game's looking that good anyway. But still, yech :(

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

From what game play Ive seen the game all ready does not look good anyways...

thehexeditor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thehexeditor

Kane of Lynch 2: Dog Shit was  actually not bad of a PC port in my humble opinion.

pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By pwnasaurus

ah really? after saying all that shit about how they care so much about the game and its history, do they know it was a pc game? poop.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
    NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NoCookiesForYou

I don't like the sound of this, but this news isn't enough to get me into panic mode.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By flaminghobo

If the company who are in charge of the ports are a reliable porting company then I don't have too much of a problem with this. However, I do think it's bad on Eidos Montréal's part for not caring enough, about the home platform for the Deus Ex franchise, to develop it in-house.
    1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By 1337W422102

Dog Days' PC version wasn't bad.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
    deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Hope there is a  PC demo cause from the recent gameplay video I wasn't impressed with more disappointed  trailers made that game look so great talk about deceiving IMO.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By phrosnite

As a PC only gamer I'm very sad that PC is not the lead platform of any new games so... Dunno... I'm hoping for PC ports at least as good as ME2. I'm not hyped about this game. I won't be buying it unless the internet goes bananas over it.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's pretty disappointing that they're considering the PC version a "port" seeing as Deus Ex was a PC game.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By iamjohn

The problem is not that someone else is doing the port.  The problem is that they're making a fucking Deus Ex game for consoles.  AND THAT SURE WORKED OUT LAST TIME, AMIRITE GUYZ?!?!?!?!?!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#19  Edited By ajamafalous

I haven't had any problems or complaints with the GoL port. Granted, I played it with a 360 controller, but still.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#20  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Doesn't matter to me. I always buy console. Not only that, but the version they've been showing off is usually the PS3 version, which bodes well with people like myself (you will see that my name appears BLUE for a reason). 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By AhmadMetallic

ive never played a Deus Ex game, and when i did recently, i found them outdated 
     so its from a totally neutral stand when i say that its saddening and devastating to see a game thats called the greatest PC game of all time have a console-based sequel .. fucking sad. 

either way, that game looked silly and im not that interested in it. maybe i'll pick it up

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By chrissedoff

my money is on the pc version being perfectly fine. i'm still getting the 360 version though, probably.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Meltac
    @Ahmad_Metallic: Exactly! The 'port' could of course turn out fine, but it is the continuation of one of the most beloved franchises on the PC, and then they just give the PC version away to another developer. It's kind of a dick move imo.  

Though I'm fine with the game coming to the consoles, it could just have been handled differently. 
    gbrading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#24  Edited By gbrading

Sometimes this can be a bad thing, but not always. For example the PC version of Mass Effect original was worked on by Demiurge Studios, and it was a magnificient version. It all depends on who is doing it. I'll reserve judgement for the timebeing.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
    BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Let's hope they port it better than Sega ported Bayonetta.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Meltac:  however, i disagree about Lara Croft.. i got that game and played the first 4-5 levels on Co-Op with my cousin and it felt like a well done port. 
    i do agree that K&L2 on PC stunk to high heaven though
    valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By valrog

That's a disappointment.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DonPixel
    @Enigma777 they pretty much the present, smartphones and handhelds are the future
    tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By tebbit
    @BulletproofMonk said:
    " Let's hope they port it better than Sega ported Bayonetta. "
    They'll be hard-pressed to do worse!

@Meltac said:
    " @Ahmad_Metallic: Exactly! The 'port' could of course turn out fine, but it is the continuation of one of the most beloved franchises on the PC, and then they just give the PC version away to another developer. It's kind of a dick move imo.   Though I'm fine with the game coming to the consoles, it could just have been handled differently.  "

I never really thought of Deus Ex as one of the greatest PC games specifically, just one of the greatest games ever, period. And remember Invisible War? That's hardly a PC specific game.
    Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Hearing this news just reminds me of Invisible War. Which is a bitch to run. 

I have both on steam and the original runs flawlessly while I can't get the sequel to run.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
    TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#31  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
    *Goes into fetal position* Not invisible war again....not invisible war again....
    But seriously, i played the 1.0 ver of Invisible war, and it was GOD AWFUL, it still makes me cringe, i uninstalled the game, went to play some Deus Ex, and a couple of years later i patched the game (DE:IW) to ver 1.2 and it was a great improvement. And it can still turn out to be a good port, in any case, all i care about are 4things.
    1. Atmosphere
    2. Story
    3. Skill system (i read somewhere that they are bringing back some form of a skill system similar to the first game, would totally be awesome)
    4. A likable, bad ass protagonist not unlike JC Denton, i don't even remember the name of the dude in Invisible War.
    Avatar image for captain_clayman
    captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By captain_clayman
    @1337W422102 said:
    " Dog Days' PC version wasn't bad. "
    Yeah it was fine, actually.  i was surprised how well that game runs on all systems.   I mean...except for that horrible freezing glitch but that was an xbox thing 
    I think these guys can do a pretty decent port.  I wish them the best of luck because if it's not up to snuff, they're gonna have a LOT of shit on their hands from PC gamers.  
    Madyew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#33  Edited By Madyew
    @august said:
    " Not good news. "
    This. Regardless of the potential quality, I'm not willing to take the chance. I'll be buying it on Xbox.
    MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MrKlorox

Typical. Guess this will probably end up being yet another port I use a controller with.

RobertOrri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By RobertOrri

Finally there's news on the PC version. The first impressions are good:  http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/06/how-deus-ex-human-revolution-feels-on-pc/

The Deus Ex 1 toolbar is back! So cool. Whatever you pick up puts itself in the next free slot on your toolbar, and you hit the appropriate number key to switch to it. You can also hover over anything in your inventory and press a number key to assign it to that slot. And like Deus Ex, there’s a hotkey to toggle it if you’re confident you can remember what slots you put everything in. Personally, I switched stuff around a lot and preferred to keep it on.

You can toggle anti-aliasing, post-processing, V-sync and triple-buffering, and adjust anisotropic filtering and shadow quality. With anti-aliasing, it looks a lot nicer than it did when I played it on 360. But I’d like to be able to choose how much: it’s still not quite enough to make it look truly smooth on my home machine. 

The inventory is a grid-based system just like Deus Ex. You can drag stuff about (a little laggy currently), combine it or drop it. The system can also auto-rotate an item if you only have a tall, thin space for something that’s usually wide. 

Sounds pretty good.
    EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By EuanDewar

Kane And Lynch 2 was not a bad port, it was a bad game.

Edwardryu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Edwardryu

well, it doesn't matter. according to this benchmark site, this game is very well optimized so that even old PC have no problem to run. take a look at here.  especially, read the conclusion section. you guys even like it more.

http://benchmark3d.com/deus-ex-human-revolution-benchmark

infininja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By infininja

@Edwardryu said:

well, it doesn't matter. according to this benchmark site, this game is very well optimized so that even old PC have no problem to run. take a look at here. especially, read the conclusion section. you guys even like it more. http://benchmark3d.com/deus-ex-human-revolution-benchmark

-

I’m not very impressed by the game, mostly because of it’s choppy graphics and I’m afraid Human Revolution will not bring any new fans to the Deus Ex series.
    I’m not really a fan of this engine because graphics aren’t that good and for a game with a name like Deus Ex a more potent engine should have been use.
    In my eyes Crystal Engine looks similar to the Source Engine used in Half Life 1 but not as sharp.

I... er... what?? Windows 8? WTF kind of troll article did you link to?

I guess there was a Windows 8 leak, but still, WTF at everything happening in there.

minotaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By minotaka
    @President_Barackbar said:
    That's pretty disappointing that they're considering the PC version a "port" seeing as Deus Ex was a PC game.
    Took the words right outta' my mouth.
    Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#40  Edited By Shabs

Kane and Lynch 2 was a fine port (even if it was a mediocre game).

I have no misgivings about those people doing the PC port. I think the game will be just fine.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.