Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 23, 2016

Following up two years after Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Mankind Divided sees Adam Jensen working to thwart a terrorist organization bent on promoting human augmentation. It serves as a prequel to Deus Ex, the first entry in the series.

You should probably do all sidequests before going to meet Miller to go to Golem City (Save may be broken)

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Justin258

That's really early game stuff, so not really spoilery.

Anyway, I tried looking around the internet for this but couldn't find it so maybe it's just something that will happen to me. I ran into a bug that won't let me progress so I'm giving you guys a heads up. The short version of this is basically "do all sidequests before going to talk to the psychiatrist", in case you don't want to read the below block of text.

When I got to Prague, I just started running through main missions. I picked up a few side missions along the way and decided that I'd rather just do them later. "Later" came when Miller decided to send me to Golem City. You meet him near a helipad, there's a short cutscene with him, and then the pilot lands. The pilot, a guy named Chikane, steps out, introduces himself (he's kind of a dick, where's Faridah Malik?), and then says "Do you want to go now or do you have some things to sort out?" To me, that's video game speak for "If you've got side stuff to do, go do it, something might change that will prevent you from finishing some of the side stuff if you keep going on the main path." So I turned around, walked off, and started exploring Prague and doing all those sidequests I had found. I spent several hours doing this and I think I've done pretty much everything I can do up to this point, except go find one point of interest (I need another thing of Neuropozyne) and I haven't gone to the rave yet (can't figure out how to get into it). I was ready to move on, though, so I went back to the helipad.

Rewind a bit. Before you go to the helipad, you have to talk to a psychiatrist for five minutes. I did that, then went to the helipad like normal, then turned around and went back to do optional stuff. I don't really want to miss anything so I looked up where to go to start some sidequests and I read something about having to talk to the psychiatrist to start one of them. So one of the last things I did was go talk to her. But instead of saying anything about a sidequest, the game repeated the encounter I had with her before going to the helipad. After that conversation, she wouldn't say anything other than some canned responses and I got no details about a sidequest. I shrugged my shoulders and went on, finished some stuff, then went back to the helipad to leave after trying and failing to get into the rave. I got there and Miller was having the same conversation he was having the first time I came to this helipad. However, this time, Chikane's helicopter was still there and he was leaning against it. When I approach the helipad, though, a cutscene with Miller happens that I, again, saw several hours ago. And then that cutscene ends and I just see this:

No Caption Provided

and the game won't do anything after this.

I've got a few other things I can try to get around this - loading a slightly older save, trying to approach the whole scene from a weird angle, etc. - but if none of those work then I've gotta find and then reload a save from quite a while ago. If I have to do that, I might decided to give this game a break for a couple of months and come back later. Which is a bummer, because I was enjoying myself a lot even if it's maybe not as good as Human Revolution.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Sounds like a classic releasebug that will get sorted out in a week or two, this game got a number of those. Who knows what actually triggered this for you but best of luck.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By DharmaBum

So it's basically frozen and glitched after the helipad cutscene? That sucks, duder. The only scare I've had is when the background music stopped playing temporarily. I hope you can find a relatively recent save that seems to avoid the issue. Is it possible the sidequest with the psychiatrist you were trying to trigger isn't available until after you return from Golem City? I've definitely returned to characters to find repeated conversations and dialogue options that should already be greyed out. Also, there is a point where you leave Prague to do a mission elsewhere and the game actually does pop up a warning that you should finish any remaining side stuff.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

So I loaded a slightly older save, went around the back of the helipad and jumped up to just talk straight to Chikane and had the same problem. I loaded this same save again and then instead of going outside, just went through a vent to go downstairs. While down there, I found a picture frame that I could slide open. There was a button behind it that opened up a secret room containing some goodies and a laptop. I hacked the laptop (which was Chikane's), then went back upstairs and outside and went around Miller again and talked to Chikane and the game took me to Golem City.

So my save isn't busted and hopefully I can finish the game now. I did have my second crash while fucking around in Golem City, though, so here's hoping that doesn't become a common problem.

Oh, video games.

ignatz27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I just had this exact thing happen and found this post after a Google search for "deus ex miller bug." So -- it hasn't been patched (I'm playing on PS4). I'll try your workaround, thanks!

lllDeuslll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By lllDeuslll

I had the same bug. Thanks Justin258 for hint.

So to be clear. It happens in case when you, after speaking to Miller and Chikane, go to Task Force 29 Headquarters and pass by the room with psychiatrist in - Delara Auzenne. The dialogue starts again after which you get mission to speak with Miller at helipad again.

In order to not to get in this trouble you should avoid Delara Auzenne. If it's too late and you talked with her, then go to helipad and there, as I am guessing here, before talking to Miller, you must wait for him to finish his phone call, which you can allegedly eavesdrop. When he is in a pose of just waiting you, then get around the helipad and start conversation with Chikane to say you are ready to go to Golem City.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.